How can we improve Kerio Operator?

email-to-fax

Ability to send a fax directly from email client, sending attachments as fax pages, to a virtual destination address (like operator-sender@company.com) typying the destination number in the subject field.
This is just how I manage fax delivery now with another product.....

146 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Giampiero MasiniGiampiero Masini shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Heather PHeather P responded  · 

Thanks for the idea! This is on our backlog, but not something we plan to deliver in the short term. This feature remains open for voting.

14 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • PMCPMC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Had a look at FaxMaker, but even though the product page shows a MacBook running macOS, the product only supports Windows clients... so a bit of a fail there.

• Heather PAdminHeather P (VP, Products, GFI) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We want to hear your feedback because it helps us prioritize. UserVoice votes are important to us, and we review them when we are planning releases. We won't necessarily be able to do everything. Regarding this feature, our partners can also take a look at GFI FaxMaker and GFI FaxMaker Online.

• PMCPMC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Heather, why does Kerio even ask for user feedback if you're gong to ignore the most requested features? That seems counter-productive.

• Giorgio Tallarini G.t.AssistanceGiorgio Tallarini G.t.Assistance commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I vote for this too, by now I,m reselling third party "fax to mail" and "mail to fax" services.
    If this feature will be implemented, then I'll be alle to sell directly this type of service to my customers and this will be a plus to buy for reseller and for customer

• Matt HealeyMatt Healey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's the most voted-for feature... Meaning that the customers that pay for your product, and, who spend the time to help you develop your product, want this feature the most...

How is it not on your immediate-term roadmap?

• Heather PAdminHeather P (VP, Products, GFI) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the feedback on the Operator "MyPhone" interface. We do plan to do some work on it. What types of things are important to you, in addition to being able to send faxes?

• Matt HealeyMatt Healey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or even a CUPS printer driver to print directly to Fax. This would negate the need to use email as a middle man.

• Kevin CarlsonKevin Carlson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First many people are not using the MyPhone Interface because its weak... Perhaps if you make the MyPhone Interface something that is worth having open all the time then this makes sense to focus on sending a fax from this interface.

• Admin_salariaAdmin_salaria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MyPhone interface is not so smart and fast like a....right click and "send to....mail recipient....
    everytime and in any folder we are.

• Nicholas HoagueNicholas Hoague commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or how about this scenario?

1) Send an email to the Operator IP with the phone number to fax to. 3035551234@operator.local (Obviously this would require an internal DNS or hosts trick, or 3035551234<_at_>192.168.1.25)
    2) Operator would receive the email, convert it to PDF and send the fax!

Feedback and Knowledge Base