Kerio Control

How can we improve Kerio Control?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support for USB GPRS, 3G, 4G modems

It would be great to have support for most popular USB GPRS modems.

235 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  HW  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Shutting down Kerio (computer) when power failure is detected (UPS support)

Would be fine option for UPS. Now if I connect UPS to Kerio computer and power failure occurs, it is no easy way to shutdown kerio OS properly. I must hope that power failure is short-time and UPS holds. Yes, reinstall Kerio from ISO image is thing for few minutes, but it is not professional solution and actual settings backup is needed. (And normal automatic backup is unc/ftp/email backup and NOT Samepage.io).

134 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  HW  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Heather P responded

Great idea. We’d like to be able to do this, but haven’t assigned it to a release yet. We’ll leave it open for voting.

3. RAID Support on some motherboard or\and linux soft based RAID support for Linux editions of Kerio

RAID Support on some motherboard or\and linux soft based RAID support. It's server or not? Server should support Raid. This improvement may help in cases where HDD crash and this is really help to many administrators of Kerio Control or Mail server. IMHO Linux software based RAID1 it's best solution for Kerio Control Linu, this version don't have strong load of HDD in many implementation.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  HW  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add VirtIO drivers

We are using a hypervisor environment that is based on KVM (Flexiant) and Kerio Control is not recognizing the drivers to boot up and install properly. We need to configure emulated devices (which is not optimal) to complete the installation of Kerio Control.
    Adding these drivers or enabling an options to add these drivers to the Kerio Control ISO is really needed.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  HW  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The intrusion prevention should use more than one core

I have a cable connexion with 200 Mb/s and with Intrusion Prevention On it is only able to use 25 Mb/s.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  HW  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. FULL DNS SERVICE

Full DNS Servise

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add support IEEE802.3.ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol for LAN interfaces

For some projects need to increase bandwidth without splitting into a large number of network interfaces. It was enough to unite multiple interfaces according EEE802.3ad standard with a compatible networking equipment. This will greatly simplify the operation of Kerio Control and enhance the flexibility of its settings.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Kerio Control Appliance 3120 ist way too loud

The Control Appliance 3120 is so loud, that you can hear it through the roof of the server room.
    Please implement fan control.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. vmxnet3

Support for VMXNET3 adapter.

VMWare image does not support 10Gbps interfaces. Please make this available by adding VMXNET3 driver support.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. BGP support would be fantastic; both for multiple WAN links and multiple "internal" VPN interfaces (à la AWS VPC config) - multi AN capable

Having multiple WAN links is a fantastic feature; getting your ISP to overlay BGP routing tables across those links is EVEN BETTER.
    Also, why go halfway? Setting up Amazon Web Services is a must have in the not too future-now; their VPC tunnelling suggests strongly that redundant VPN links are established. Using BGP to failover routing as well as the link is a great idea and simple... but to do this effectively, your firewall must be able to accept configs for TWO BGP services (one for your multi WAN and one for your multi VPN). Why stop there? BGP can…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  HW  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support VMware ESXi 6.5 and Hyper-V 2016 (including VMXNET3 adapter)

Control 9.1.4 does not officially support ESXi 6.5. It also does not support VMXNET3 adapter of earlier versions, too (I tested is but it just did not work)

It effectively does not run on Hyper-V 2016.

Please make Control compatible with these "hardware"!

Thanks in advance! M. Gy.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. more than 4 usable CPU for Control

at this time Kerio can use only 4 core
    if you have more than 10k open conections all this job go only one core, (coz 1 core go on antivir, 1 to filtering)
    My suggestion add function possobility for Control use more than 4 core

PS
    i have control with 4 core and 8Gb RAM
    500+ active users (10k open connections)
    process "winroute" use 150%-200% CPU time coz it use only one core
    changing numper CPU does nothing coz Control cannt use it and they always in idle

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Support HPE ProLiant DL20 Gen9 Server and Intel i350v2 Ethernet card

HPE ProLiant DL20 is an ideal server for Kerio Control - not regarding the fact they do not compatible to each other. The main problem is the network card built into the server (Broadcom). Control also does not support Intel i350v2 network card, which is very unfortunate, as this would be a relatively cheap but a good server grade ethernet solution.

So please support them! Thanks - M. Gy.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. WCCP

Creation of WCCP support to make possible to redirect traffic from WCCP capable devices to Kerio Control

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The idea: to provide opportunity to keep the cache http proxy server and DNS in the RAM PC.

The idea: to provide opportunity to keep the cache http proxy server and DNS in the RAM PC.

Идея: предоставить возможность хранить http кэш прокси сервера и DNS в ОЗУ PC.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Support for HP Dynamic Smart Array Controller B120i

There is HP MicroSrv Gen8 G1610T with Dynamic Smart Array Controller B120i
    Ups..
    Kerio Control software appliance doesn't support B120i

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. SSD

Добрый день!

Столкнулся с проблемой - операционная система Kerio на базе Linux не имеет встроенной поддержки современных накопителей типа SSD.
    Предлагаю разработчикам внедрить полноценную подддержку работы Kerio на SSD накопители (не использовать файл подкачки, включить поддержку команды TRIM итд).

Подскажите - когда планируется версия Kerio, поддерживающая данные технологии?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. ipmi

Hello!
    Dear coders, We are run our Kerio 8.2.2 on S5000PAL intel mb 2u server, fans are running at max rpm all the time, temperature is ok 17-18 C, but kerio don`t support any manage of ipmi or just some driver for run coolers in normal temp, not so noise in corridor near server room :))) and also please can you test or make compatible with rack servers from hp, dell and other barnds, it is very good solution to run linux based kerio on 1u 1cpu server with raid 1 or raid 10 on that kind of server for…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ruckus Wireless

Tight integration (authentication, rate-limiting, VLAN assignment, etc) with the Ruckus Wireless LAN controllers SCG and ZoneDirectors. Would be a great feature for both Ruckus and for Kerio.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add PCMCIA-LAN cardbus Ricoh RL5c476 II support

I use Kerio Control since 2010
    I installed Kerio Control Software Appliance 8.6 for standalone laptop Asus A9RP.
    But it needs a second ethernet port. This is PCMCIA-LAN cardbus Ricoh RL5c476 II and this cardbus is compatible with Debian GNU / Linux: http://kmuto.jp/debian/hcl/ASUS/A9rp.
    On standart OS Debian GNU / Linux this cardbus works fine ! Can you add the appropriate driver in the next patch? I think it's not only I have a problem.

I think that for a firm KERIO decision of this question is not difficult !

Best regards,

Alex

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Kerio Control

Feedback and Knowledge Base