How can we improve Kerio Control?

Login restrictions (1 device per user)

Add the possibility of restrictions on the user's authorization, if it once logged in, then log into another computer, it is not possible. But of course leave the possibility of multiple inputs.

304 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdministratorAdministrator shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • IbanyIbany commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be ideal to implement the idea of restricting the access of accounts to a certain number of users as in mikrotik and also devote a bit to the part of editing accounts in order to leave each user independent messages.

• Abbas TromidehAbbas Tromideh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

maximum concurrent user login (multi login ) : can define per user

limit caller id : limit user dialing station

• HesamHesam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In respond to your kind email I'd like to suggest few improvements that are related to this topic and our company needs with more details:
    1- we provide internet access to our employees so they can access internet for personal use for limited time per day. like 2 hours a day for example. but some other users might have higher access with better bandwidth. what is happening is some users share their account with their friends and that provide those limited users more internet access and even access to places in local network that they shouldn't have.
    2- about those with multiple device that wants to connect to corporate network, there is two type of authentication one for accessing local network and again one for accessing Internet. the first one is to prevent guests to access local network and the second one for provide internet to both guests and employee's as I mentioned before.
    that would be nice to bind users to their devices MAC and prevent access from unauthorized device for higher security and access control.
    3- this should be applied to VPN connections too.
    4- please add the possibility to provide floating time range like 3 hours per day. Not just fixed time span.
    Thank you very much :)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Aslan, not this way. We need to limit the user to not transfer your data to others.

• AslanAslan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it suggestion still need? At present time each user could login per 5 devices simultaneously using 1 license, right? So why you need those limitations? IMHO much more important is add some time limits (as JBC Helpdesk commented). Why? Just because at the night computers automatically downloads updates etc. that deface internet usage statistics. But this is another story.

• samad khansarisamad khansari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello

in Mikrotik there is ability to limit access for user login
    which mean i can allow amount of devices can use this (User login)
    if i allows only 1 PC ,and i suppose that user is active, when other client try to use same user login the server will not allow him to access
    if i allowed max 4 for (User login) , only concurrent 4 will use this User login

How can i make like that in Kerio control ?

• FBFB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, It is optional this right setup because my boss has multiple devices (iPhone, iPad, Desktop PC, Netbook), and he uses all connected with the User him.

Rgs

• leoleo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if i can set this limit login on that computer (hostname, ip address or mac) it can login.

but i no

• Michael HommonMichael Hommon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be cool if you can set that option if possible or not in the template(s) for the user configuration

• Michael HommonMichael Hommon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Possibility to configure if a new log-in kicks out old connections so one at home gets logged out when he logs in at the company.

• Aleksandar PopovicAleksandar Popovic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must. Users in our company frequently share username/passwords with each other so all the policies defined to control & prevent don't do anything. We have up to 5 log-ins for a single user name, at all times. Company policy does regulate that, but users just don't care for policies when consequences are none or minimal.
    It could be defined as simple as adding an ip address of computer to an username...

• Flame68Flame68 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A good suggestion, that employees sometimes replace one another, and then get a picture with multiple-input, and this is very bad.

• AndréAndré commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here in the company, we need this kind of functionality, because in any given computer User registered (because everyone has the password) can use the internet, but on other computers, only a few should have access.

• AndréAndré commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be interesting, you can set this limit login on that computer (hostname, ip address or mac) it can login.

So you can define for example that sellers can only log in a certain computer, but members of a certain group (eg Partners) can log on computers that sellers can not.

Feedback and Knowledge Base