How can we improve Kerio Control?

Support for USB GPRS, 3G, 4G modems

It would be great to have support for most popular USB GPRS modems.

232 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Piotr ŁagodaPiotr Łagoda shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Federico BoldoriFederico Boldori commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see that my ZTE R218 is detected by kerio in usb mode and show as ethernet interface on my kerio virtual appliance, but only if i connect the usb device via vmware workstation to my esxi host. If i map directly an usb from the host to kerio vm, modem is not recognized. Just for your information

• ВячеславВячеслав commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Buy Kerio, buy a router, to be used only as a bridge ... What is the complexity for the developer to make support modems Linux?

• KonstantinKonstantin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To be fair, it's possible to do with regular consumer router. And, arguably, it is even better.
    First of all, support of USB modems is always very spotty on routers from vendor to vendor. In Russia Zyxel has widest support. I doubt Kerio would be able to keep up with USB modems in all countries for all carriers.
    So I bought zyxel router, plugged USB modem, connected by cable to Kerio.
    In Kerio I set it up as Internet Interface.
    You can forward all port in a router to Kerio, you dont have to forward them individually for VPN etc...
    As a bonus you'll be able to mount a router higher then server for stronger wireless signal (especially if you Kerio is in a rack)

• АндрейАндрей commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do you plan to implementation of the Kerio with 3G / LTE USB modems?
    Планируется ли поддержка в KERIO 3G/LTE USB модемов?
    В текущей сборке kerio-control отсутствуют пакеты usbutils, usb_modeswitch.

• AlexeyAlexey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only GPRS but also LTE!!! It would be greate for failover scenario!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base