How can we improve Kerio Control?

Send wake on lan packets from Kerio Control interface.

For MAC defined hosts, send a standard WOL packet from the web interface.

161 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Piotr ŁagodaPiotr Łagoda shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mészáros GyulaMészáros Gyula commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Control is based on Debian, so it should be easy. wol is a part of a normal distribution, it may be one manday of work or two, including testing... I would well use it in every second week at different customers.

• JBC HelpdeskJBC Helpdesk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If that is done there should as well similar to 'Scheduled Tasks' one being able to schedule those WOL packets as well (in addition to which Network) one want to send those WOL packets.

• Mészáros GyulaMészáros Gyula commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes there is no need to leave a PC on at the customer, however, it would be useful to be able to wake up one or some of the machines there and do some housekeeping at night.
    It can be simple, it could work at least on DHCP reservations, there is the MAC-address, what I need is a new item in the right-click menu: "Wake up".
    So I gave my 3 votes for this idea...

• CheopsCheops commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I miss a lot of wake on lan manager. Quite would be enough to manually creating a database based on MAC and PC name, but independent of the internal DHCP

• MatthiasMatthias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Simplest on the dhcp server, right click under Add / Edit / Remove "WakeUp" done

Feedback and Knowledge Base