How can we improve Kerio Control?

Block Country IP blocks

Block entire country CIDR ranges. I recently did a trial of the Sophos UTM 9 software appliance and this was a feature it had that allowed the admin to tick off countries by name and flag that would be completely blocked which is something i'd love to see in kerio control. Our Firewall frequently gets attacked by Russia and China. Seeing as we do no business with either of these countries we block their entire IP range. An option to select one or more countries to block would be a great feature.

193 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Corey FrankardCorey Frankard shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SeanSean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Geoip blocking is applied globally at the moment, it would be great to have the geoip ability in the traffic rules for more fine grained control.

• Igor VelijevićIgor Velijević commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just to clarify; this is already implemented in current Bet so I'm pleeding You o "expand" the option to traffic rules, not only general blocking

• Igor VelijevićIgor Velijević commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement it on Traffic rules also!
    That way we can control and fine tune geo ip blocking across the services

• SergeySergey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Due to the fact that you think I have before the server Kerio to put a filter on the linux which prevents the connection from other countries while I'm using ipsec + iptables and strangely enough it works.
    Blocking by country is present in all modern systems, and you think and invent something, to add to the system using a database of IP addresses from https://www.maxmind.com that hinders to create the ability to upload the database and edit them on your own, most likely the financial background of these actions probably need to come up with that squeeze of the user to make money on it in abundance...

• John JanesJohn Janes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great (and very marketable) feature for the Kerio Control firewall.

• НиколайНиколай commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree!
    Our Kerio Control only works in Russia and only with Russian companies but come attack from other countries, would like to produce a lock. Because now the Group of IP addresses to block consists of more than 5000 records.

Feedback and Knowledge Base