How can we improve Kerio Control?

Add possibility to disable Welcome screen in Guest Network

Welcome screen is very annoying think with mobile devices. Please add possibility to completely disable welcome screen.

83 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Zdeněk Vašků shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Peter de Vette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also like to disable the login page!

There is a work around for this problem, add a user and use auto login based on MAC, ip-range, or network interface. (this wil only make use of your licence users), if your users are full, the next users will get the login page.

• Nacho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

5 of 10 mobile I've tried, can not connect to the internet for this reason.

Most modern phones have no problems. But those who have older versions of Android, does not. And I have to give them access to our internal network.

• Andrii Snikhovskyi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This option would be very useful. Another option is to add some customization for welcome screen. I would like to hide what applince and what antivirus in guest network are.

• Clinton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Disabling this would improve security also as the welcome pages uses the same port as the administration login portal. If you can discover the admin password then it is possible to make changes to the firewall from the guest network.

• Mark Baillie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fully support this. Our guest network links straight to a wifi router so we don't need a login page.

• MG-it commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes!!
    Here is why:

There should be option to disable Welcome screen for guest networks (globaly is sufficient for us ... but "per guest network" would be more granular). Why? Because when guest (lets say from foreign country with active roaming data) connects to our guest Wifi network with his (lets say android) mobile phone (because he wants download some big updates/files/...) :

- user connects phone to our wifi network (with our WPA2 password - available for everyone in meeting hall)
    - user: ...hmm, there is some exclamation mark over wifi icon on phone, i will try google page to confirm all is ok ... and google or any other page shows ok ... (because phone "smartly" do this through mobile data )
    - user : great, lets download it then ...
    - after (let say) 100MB of download data user receives SMS notification form his mobile data provider that 100MB of his 300MB roaming data is gone ... WHAATT??

And now I really don't want to explain him that he should first disable his mobile data to be able to get on our "Welcome page" which is necessary to access Internet from our Wifi ... (yes, it should be printed with WPA2 password ... but no, I have to abandon "Guest interfaces" and leave it in "other interfaces" for now)

So please do it optional in some way ... other features like harcoded device isolation and "Guest interfaces" group are great addition to Control for this purpose.

Kerio Control

Feedback and Knowledge Base