How can we improve Kerio Connect Client?

Send Mail with different FROM adresses

Sending Mail with different FROM adresses (e.g. from Aliases) or totaly free editable FROM adresses witch can be enabled by Admin for every User..
Thunderbird can do this as Alias (Virtual) Identitytable per user.

1,529 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Bastian MiddelveldBastian Middelveld shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Robin HarmsenRobin Harmsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I rather am looking for a feature in which I am able to use the e-mail addresses which are assigned to groups I belong to, also I would like to be able to use defined aliases which are assigned to public folders I am eligible in the role of at least editor.

With this feature I would be able to create a public folder, for example: 'sales'.
    Which I grant access to to multiple users, for example: 'john@<domain>' and 'jane@<domain>'
    Next I would define an alias 'sales@<domain>' for which I deliver the mail to the defined public folder.
    When john or jane use Kerio Connect, via the Kerio Connect Client (webmail) or via Outlook (with the KOFF connector) they would be able to read the mail (this already works).
    But they would also be able to send mail from 'sales@<domain>' (this is currently not possible)

• Gary MumfordGary Mumford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to use Apple mail because I use multiple Accounts and multiple domains that are all running on the same server. So I need the Kerio Connect Client to support Multiple Accounts.

• Ronald OttoRonald Otto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Delegation metioned here is not the same:
    I cannot delegate between domains on different servers (or even between domains on the same server).

What is solved with this dropdown with from addresses are the following situations:

User has POP accounts. Some private, some for business at a provider. Kerio can POP these accounts and put them in the users inbox... User can't sent mail with that from address. A lot of consultants do get a temporary e-mailaddress.

User understands that he has one account for ALL is mail.. User does not always get the second INBOX and devices don't show it as new mail.

• Steve ParmenterSteve Parmenter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cross Domain Delegation would sort this out. We have multiple domains on one server, we'd like to delegate across several of them. Surly this is a case of removing a restriction, rather than adding a new function / feature.

In addidion to the last comment.
    It only works within the same domain if you have shared folders per domain enabled.

So not a solution.
    It should work with any address. Not only addresses defined at the mailserver

• Kyle SchmitzKyle Schmitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just realized that by setting up delegation and forwarding I can achieve the desired results. Forward incoming mail to my address from all other addresses and then add myself as a delegate on those accounts. I guess this does only work with addresses on the same Connect server.

We get at least 2 customers a week on the phone that would be helped and would use the connect client in stead of strugling with Outlook and POP account workaround just to get a diffrent from addres.

Not kidding. Today, customer with 86 users ready to switch.. if only.
    Loosing business here!

• AdministratorAdministrator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is Kerio still using the uservoice? This should be implemented soon.
    Users are switching and strugling.
    They want 1 account for all their mail and simply select the from address from an editable list with e-mail addresses. No restrictions. So if i want to sent mail from me@google.com it should be configurable.

Come on.... it is the most voted item...

• IT - Bingodigit S.r.l.IT - Bingodigit S.r.l. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The webmail interface of Kerio Connect does not allow me to send mail with the domain alias.
    For a company like ours (e-commerce) with various shops is a core function!

• Thomas FankhauserThomas Fankhauser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hallo, we just updated to 8.3.2 :-)
    i still miss the availability to choose a sender email-adress out of a domain alias.
    i like to be able to set a emailadress from damainalias. there should be a option in the admin interface to set um email adresses for eatch users.

thank you

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hello, I have found that with mini web gui and the previous one, the send mail with pre-programmed alias FROM adress would not set up correctly the smtp header return-path ... there is everytime the owner of the mailbox entered... that is invalid....

• Scott BowenScott Bowen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would love to see this implemented as soon as possible. In the Kerio Client, PLEASE add the ability for authentication verification against another email account to prevent abuse, then add the "send from" drop down like Gmail and Outlook 365 has when a user is composing a new message. This is a big hurdle to overcome for us and would complete the Kerio Connect offering functionality wise. People do not want to bounce around from login to login when using a web based client. Please ;)

• Eduard TieselerEduard Tieseler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is already available for all aliases, however not for free-formed typing of an alias. What I was looking for when i placed my vote was for using an alias. In the new release (current Beta), delegation will allow a person delegated an email account to send as that account, so when Beta is released to production I will have my needs resolved.

• Armandos ConstantinidesArmandos Constantinides commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The best would be to send emails from aliases (domain aliases or email address aliases). For example we have 3 domains with the same users one .com, one .eu and one .co.uk. if we want to send an email to UK we could use the .co.uk alias of or emails. Or another example we have 2 aliases for emails, it would be great to have the ability to choose the alias we want to use.

• Julius JockuschJulius Jockusch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an important feature-set. Its preventing our shop form using the webmail, and prompting us to move to Gmail as an alternative.

• Seybold, DanielSeybold, Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It should be possible to use the aliases defined in the administration area, also it should be possible to use aliases with different domains. From my thinking this should be enough to avoid frauds...

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base