How can we improve Kerio Connect Client?

Proper Touch Support for iPads, Tablets for connect client

Can you please implement the much needed multi-touch gestures to scroll etc as you have done in the control interface. From iPad the folder pane scrolls by 1 finger, the message list doesn't scroll at all. I have some customers who want to use the web interface as its can be run on a single port. Keep up the good work Devs - there is still nothing better to be a sysadmin of than Control/Connect :)

176 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Howard Lynn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Eddie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pavel, I think the issue arises from users who are not regular mobile users.

Example: Small family owned business, husband (owner) has iPad. On vacation, wife (office manager) travels as well, doesn't have iPad - and wants to occasionally check email from husband's iPad. Husbands iPad has work account already sync'd to it. There's no reason for 6-7 days to add and then have to remove additional account from iPad. Sounds crazy - but I think it happens more often than any of us would think...

• AdminPavel Dobrý (Admin, GFI) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm curious. What is the reason or benefit for you in using web interface on tablet instead of synchronization to native tablet applications (with Exchange ActiveSync or CalDAV, CardDAV)?

• James Pearce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't agree with this, but it's very subjective.

I find Google's interface (mobile and normal) to be just as 'fruity' in terms of layout. I haven't used Yahoo on a mobile device, but I found the normal web interface lacking intuition. Hotmail looks the most 'pro' since they went to Outlook.com in my opinion, but the change makes it harder to navigate (like Yahoo).

Our business customers are all using Outlook to connect to KC anyway, or if they are on a mobile device (iPad / phone) they have the mail app on the devices setup. So this only affects our customers that need emergency / temporary access to check their mail, and the new interface is very clean for looking at new email (less so for navigating lots of folders to find old email admittedly).

Feedback and Knowledge Base