GFI WebMonitor

Welcome to the GFI WebMonitor Forum. Feel free to submit your feedback and suggestions below.

For more information on the release please visit:
http://www.gfi.com/products-and-solutions/network-security-solutions/gfi-webmonitor/specifications/product-editions

How can we improve GFI WebMonitor

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to add disclaimer / notice to incoming external mail

This is a popular trend among competing products and I see it in email communications more and more frequently. It would be great if we could add a tag / notice / disclaimer at the top of every email that originates from outside the organization (e.g. external email coming in) with something like:

"This email originated from outside your organization."

Ability to customize the text, possibly change font colors, html vs plain text, etc would be great. Same as the outbound disclaimer is setup with.

This will increase chances of novices and advanced users alike to identify potential phishing attempts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Generic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Usability Issue leads to accidentally deleting contacts

Currently ran into a big usability issue. If I use the search bar in kerio connect contacts. I can happen, that I accidentally change focus to the contacts list. If I want to clear the searchbar with backspace, I now start deleting contacts. Just so happened that I deleted 6 Customers not being able to restore them. Some mechanism would be nice to retrieve contacts, e.g. move remove contacts to a trashbin or have modal asking I you really want to delete those contacts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Load balancing

Hi,

For now webmon allows only chain all traffic to another proxy (chained proxy).

Is it possible to implement some kind of load balancing,
    when according to domain/DNS suffix/Ip address/range webmon traffic will be routed to a particular predefinied proxz server ?

Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Proxy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Use TLS 1.2 as a default

Webmonitor uses TLS 1.0 by default when doing https decryption. Due to the vulnerabilities in TLS 1.0, some sites are moving to blocking the connection unless TLS 1.2 is used. Please use 1.2 by default and fall back as necessary. Our only option is to whitelist these sites. In addition, starting June 2018, TLS 1.0 will no longer be PCI compliant. https://blog.pcisecuritystandards.org/migrating-from-ssl-and-early-tls

Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Generic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Highlight active categories in selection window

If you want to change the category of a filtering policy it is extremely difficult because in the selection window are not checked categories that are already active.

So active categories should be highlighted in the selection window!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Import Multipe Text Files

It will be glad if an option to add multiple text files including IP addresses to GFI when importing computers from text files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Excel Reports Have So Many Sheets

There is no option for exporting Excel files when creating a report schedular. It is a necessity for enterprise grade users.

All the excel reports are generated with lots of sheets instead of on page. This is very very irrational.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. cannot post administrator's name

cannot post administrator's name

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Custom application entries

Allow for custom entries into the allow/blocking of programs/applications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Protocol vise policy

In the manage policy if there is option for protocol wise policy then it will helpful to us.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I tkink is simply perfect currently, maybe it will improve in next years.

GFI has solved to me many problems of performance and safety.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. a way around passwood

don't remember my computer passwood so the program does me no good

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. suggest you enable whitelisting/blacklisting using keywords included in the URL in addition to domain and wildcard.

suggest you enable whitelisting/blacklisting using keywords included in the URL in addition to domain and wildcard.
    For instance, companies may have multiple local websites as company.co.uk company.de company.fr company.sp and so on...

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Report showing usage by user by time

The same question has already been asked but the answer was not the correct one.
    I would like to get a report that shows internet usage by time by user. So you would see between 8-9 they surfed to these URL's. So if you would generate a report of someone his internet use of yesterday would would get the list in the order that he visited the sites with the timestamp.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Audit log for admin changes

There needs to be a way to track which admin made a specific change. I would start with the white/black lists and changes to the group/policy linking as this will allow flushing out intentional or accidental changes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Copy URL of a blocked site from the notifications panel

Give the ability to copy the URL of a blocked site from the Notifications panel, actually i need to go to dashboards/activity and filter with the username to copyin events log the full URL of a blocked site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Software network inventory

Hi there,

I'd like to talk about Total Network Inventory 3 is a useful solution for personal computer and other network asset audit and software inventory. Thanks to this very efficient network inventory tool, you will not need to carry out a manual inventory. Windows, Mac OS X and Linux-based systems can be scanned without pre-installed agents.

To know more feel free to visit a site with much detail: http://download.cnet.com/Total-Network-Inventory/3000-2085_4-10623789.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow bypasing Proxy authentication based on source-destination assignments

In WebMonitor 10 it is possible to configure hosts (IPs) that can bypass proxy authentication as a source.
    With a configuration change based an the article below it is also possible to bypass proxy authentication for certain destinations:
    http://www.gfi.com/support/products/gfi-webmonitor/How-to-bypass-proxy-authentication-for-certain-sites

However in many environments it would be necessary to configure rules that would only allow bypassing proxy authentication from certain source to certain destination meanwhile other traffic initiated from the same source would still require proxy authentication to other destinations and vice-versa.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Alerts via Mail for update errors only on 2nd or 3rd error

We have Webmon configured to update everything every 1 hour. As sometimes the GFI infrastructure has issues, sometimes the updates would fail but in the next cycle would mostly succeed. I´d like webmon to let the admin configure that only a warning mail is send on the 2nd or 3rd failed attempt to download. Mail essentials already does it that way, btw.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base