How can we improve GFI WebMonitor

QoS in webmonitor

It would be nice to have an extra feature in Webmonitor. In this extra feature you are allowed to set the % bandwidth or the speed (Kb/s) per category/website/item. If a percentage is set, this is always respective to the current total download/upload speed.

3 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hans  RoodenburgHans Roodenburg shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Rainer ReifRainer Reif commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

we would also appreciate this Option, as we have business critical external web applications we need to use. So it would be very comfortable, to limit the bandwidth and/or priority for other websites and also define a bandwidth and/or priority which should be reserved for our business critical applications. Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2011-09-20]
    Hello,

we would like be able to limit the bandwidth users can use. It could be a unique limit for all users to avoid a single user to use all the available bandwidth.

Thank you,

Regards.

[Comment date: 2011-09-22]
    Sebastian,

this feature is already implemented in GFI WebMonitor via the Web Browsing policies. You can implement a limit on bandwidth per day / week / month, for users for a group of users on specific websites or all categories of websites.

• Product ManagementProduct Management commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2012-01-02]
    Another feature which is being implemented soon, is the capability of adding custom alerts based on bandwidth volume, websites browsed etc, such that if a user has consumed too much bandwidth, one or more people will immediately get notified.

[Comment date: 2013-03-05]
    I agree with Sebastian. We need a way to limit the Kpbs not just the amount of data they are allowed to download in a day, week, etc. If my pipe is 20Mbps, I don't want one of my users downloading a video to eat up 15Mbps. I want the ability to limit that user to 2Mbps.

Feedback and Knowledge Base