GFI WebMonitor

Welcome to the GFI WebMonitor Forum. Feel free to submit your feedback and suggestions below.

For more information on the release please visit:
http://www.gfi.com/products-and-solutions/network-security-solutions/gfi-webmonitor/specifications/product-editions

How can we improve GFI WebMonitor

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use SHA256 rather than SHA-1 for HTTPS scanning

GFI WebMonitor is generating SHA1 certificates for HTTPS sites when HTTP scanning is used. By default, Firefox is set to block SHA-1 certificates if they were issued with a start date of 1-1-2016 or newer. WebMonitor uses the previous day for the ssl certificate it generates so all secure websites in Firefox now show an error that you cannot bypass with changing security.pki.sha1_enforcement_level on each PC's Firefox about:config. The settings are

Define an integer pref security.pki.sha1_enforcement_level, with values:
    0 = allow SHA-1
    1 = forbid SHA-1
    2 = allow SHA-1 only if notBefore < 2016-01-01

GFi Webmonitor needs to generate…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customization in Quarantine Options

The email sent for Quarantine report should be customizable. We should be able to select what details can be included or excluded from the email.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Language

In the interface there is an option to choose for different interface languages. Will this be available when it is officially released?

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow bypasing Proxy authentication based on source-destination assignments

In WebMonitor 10 it is possible to configure hosts (IPs) that can bypass proxy authentication as a source.
    With a configuration change based an the article below it is also possible to bypass proxy authentication for certain destinations:
    http://www.gfi.com/support/products/gfi-webmonitor/How-to-bypass-proxy-authentication-for-certain-sites

However in many environments it would be necessary to configure rules that would only allow bypassing proxy authentication from certain source to certain destination meanwhile other traffic initiated from the same source would still require proxy authentication to other destinations and vice-versa.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. different E-mail

A different e-mail address for different notification.
    For example user1@local for webgrade update and user2@local for the product updates.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Looks like it is not blocking based on size at least.

I set a limit for my IP, my username, to not have more than 50MB/day. Default policy set to block. So it should stop me after the limit is reached. It doesn't. Maybe because I have no active key?

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Activity Dashboard is not filled

I have been downloading at least 7 GB up to now (today) and I see no activity being logged. I did set my browser on the server itself to use the LAN-IP as proxy and enabled basic_auth. In RT-logging it shows the Active Traffic, but not in the dashboard itself (historical data).

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Changes to Reporting

A lot of customers want to know what websites their users are going to, for how long, and want to also see what they are doing within those sites (IE facebook, chats, etc). They also want to know when they are going to the sites, how many times (date listed). Most are coming from a world where different web products show all of this information, easily. The way the logging reads for a sys admin is fine, however to the owner of a company it reads poorly and doesn't show them what they really need to know. It would be…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Web usage report to the client i.e. MD

Our clients require usage/history reports emailed to them rather than the partner getting them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I have a mighty problem!

I cannot finish the installation or get access because i cannot comply with step five
    the name of the admin administrator ?and password of adminstrator ?

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Email Groups based on Activity

Can you, please, add possiboility to select email based on activity? Like certain email for temporal approval of websites, another email to recieve general information, email for urgent cases etc.
    Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. WebMonitor Policy Tester

A policy tester would be a welcomed feature.

Where once a policy has been altered you could test the policy by selecting an user and inputting a website or url patch. WebMon could check that request and confirm if it is allowed or blocked.

I feel this would assist in letting you know that the policy is configured correctly or indeed if a separate policy is blocking it all before you inform the end user that their alteration has been made.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. AD display names instead of usernames in reports/dashboard

AD display names instead of usernames in reports/dashboard

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Alerts via Mail for update errors only on 2nd or 3rd error

We have Webmon configured to update everything every 1 hour. As sometimes the GFI infrastructure has issues, sometimes the updates would fail but in the next cycle would mostly succeed. I´d like webmon to let the admin configure that only a warning mail is send on the 2nd or 3rd failed attempt to download. Mail essentials already does it that way, btw.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Exceptions for WebMonitor Reports

Previous version of GFI Webmonitor would accept exceptions to the reports only using the root domain. The new version needs all the resources to be excluded. The previous solution was easier to administer.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. feedback to users via a desktop widget

We have a desktop widget for paper usage something similar would be good. Showing user bandwidth, Surf time and productivity per day/week/month

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Use TLS 1.2 as a default

Webmonitor uses TLS 1.0 by default when doing https decryption. Due to the vulnerabilities in TLS 1.0, some sites are moving to blocking the connection unless TLS 1.2 is used. Please use 1.2 by default and fall back as necessary. Our only option is to whitelist these sites. In addition, starting June 2018, TLS 1.0 will no longer be PCI compliant. https://blog.pcisecuritystandards.org/migrating-from-ssl-and-early-tls

Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Generic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. More defined timescales

I think it would be a useful tool if we could monitor usage at specific times of the day, for example between 6pm to 10pm to see what they're accessing on the internet whilst supposedly working overtime...

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Internationalized domain name

Internationalized domain name support.

Example, if you try whitelist www.metsälehti.fi it does not work as expected. (now you need whitelist address www.xn--metslehti-y2a.fi to make it effective)

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Password protect the uninstallation of the WebMonitor agent

It would be good to password protect the WebMonitor agent to prevent users from removing it even if they are local administrators on their laptop

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base