GFI WebMonitor

Welcome to the GFI WebMonitor Forum. Feel free to submit your feedback and suggestions below.

For more information on the release please visit:
http://www.gfi.com/products-and-solutions/network-security-solutions/gfi-webmonitor/specifications/product-editions

How can we improve GFI WebMonitor

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I tkink is simply perfect currently, maybe it will improve in next years.

GFI has solved to me many problems of performance and safety.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. suggest you enable whitelisting/blacklisting using keywords included in the URL in addition to domain and wildcard.

suggest you enable whitelisting/blacklisting using keywords included in the URL in addition to domain and wildcard.
    For instance, companies may have multiple local websites as company.co.uk company.de company.fr company.sp and so on...

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Copy URL of a blocked site from the notifications panel

Give the ability to copy the URL of a blocked site from the Notifications panel, actually i need to go to dashboards/activity and filter with the username to copyin events log the full URL of a blocked site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Software network inventory

Hi there,

I'd like to talk about Total Network Inventory 3 is a useful solution for personal computer and other network asset audit and software inventory. Thanks to this very efficient network inventory tool, you will not need to carry out a manual inventory. Windows, Mac OS X and Linux-based systems can be scanned without pre-installed agents.

To know more feel free to visit a site with much detail: http://download.cnet.com/Total-Network-Inventory/3000-2085_4-10623789.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ticker-like Infos about GFI-related maintenance and problems

Lastly we had a problem where our WebMonitor could not download Kaspersky Updates for 2 hours. We troubleshooted a lot but in the end it turned out there were some issues regarding the infrastructure of GFI.

I think it would be a good idea to have a somehow newsticker-like or if you like this approach more, a forum post where GFI users can see if you have issues with the infrastructure.

Me, personally - I would love this because then I don´t have to worry about my internal systems when I know it is something on your side you are…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable GFI to Insert Header into Packets

Currently we are using GFI Web Monitor. It would be nice if GFI had the capabilities to manipulate the Header in every IP packet that passes through so that we can distinguish between personal email accounts (Gmail for example) and Business email account that's hosted by Google. We don't want users to access their personal email accounts during working hours and only allow Company email through. If GFI is capable of inserting IP Headers on every packet, we would be able to Block personal emails accounts

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Web monitor as a centralized solution

if we have 5 branches including the HQ its connected to each other’s and we have 5 TMG servers one for each branch we are targeting to install GFI web monitor on each server , does GFI web monitor have centralized dash board, data base and reporting engine?
    They are looking to manage the 5 branches from one location for example to generate one report for user moving between 5 branches from the centralized dashboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Category filters in reports

Allow to select group of website/application categories in report customization like in policies.
    Right now if I want to customize a report to include only unproductive websites, I have to manually select every web category instead of filtering like in policies and selecting all the categories at once.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. WebMonitor as 'Parental Control' solution

Offer WebMonitor as easy hosted or local solution for home users to control internet access and content for kids and family

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Webmonitor for ISA Array

I would appreciate if you could build in the ability for a central Webmonitor console across an ISA array with all the Webmonitor installations logging to the same DB (SQL 2008 preferably).

Then the report pack could report on consolidated data for the whole array.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Group- and or User-based White- and Blacklist

The WebMontitor 2009 needs a group- and user-based white- and blacklist.
    I known that i can deny or allow categories. But I can not deny or allow single URLs for a group or a single user!

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow definition of time periods

From a partner:

There are situations where you have a number of rules that you do not want to apply outside of normal working hours. So ideally, you define time periods before hand once, and assign time periods to a rule.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Webmonitor categories based on an Exclusion basis

In WM rules, you can filter a full category, exclude some sites from that category and apply that rule to a group of users. However, you cannot exclude a user or group of users from that list. The rule hence has to be global. It would be nice if, (a) we could exclude users from the list of users to whom the rule applies and (b) if we could apply the rule to "ALL Except - ..." and define the group of users to whom the rule will not be applied.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. WK2010

Surprised it wasn't asked before, but is it in some way possible to make Webmon filter based on keywords? So in caase "WK and 2010" or "wk 2010ïs on the page, it can be redirected?. Also I see when looking for wk 2010 on google that the first 3 pages are all categorized in different categories. The nature of each website is ofcourse different, but in case webmon will be used to block wacthing TV etc, it would be nice to give some broader filteroptions. I know it might sometimes give flase positives, but you can always enable websites.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Temporary whitelist all users

I want whitelist site/address temporary for ALL USERS

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. webmon - log/track changes to config w/ comment box

create a way to track changes to the config.

For sites that have multiple administrators that maybe making changes it would be good to know what was changed, by who, and why.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. WEB filtering using keywords

I suggest you enable whitelisting/blacklisting using keywords included in the URL in addition to domain and wildcard.
    For instance, companies may have multiple local websites as company.co.uk company.de company.fr company.sp and so on...

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Scanning only until filesize limit

Big files wich are per configuration to scan will force the Webmon crash. ( See Case GFI-101228-207682 ). The possibility of setting a scanlimit (for example 500 MB/file) could help to increase performance and stability.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Licencias en GFI

Sii la salida no es un usuario autentificado no lo contabiliza como licencia. No tiene ninguna lógica lo que estais haciendo. Con esto el producto pierde mucha funcionalidad. La informática está para resolver problemas y no para crear adicionales. La función principal del GfI WebMonitor es poder identificar usuarios que por sus acciones realicen conexiones a páginas no autorizados, tiempos que estan en ellas etc. Lo que haga el sistema por detras (actualizaciones, antivirus, gadgets monetarios etc) ya será el TMG quien se encargue de bloquearlo.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add "Submit to Administrator" section for blocked site/download

We are regularly requested to remove blocking for a particular website and/or file that has been blocked by a policy.

If the request is legitimate then we amend the Webmonitor policies accordingly.

However on a number of occasions the request contains incorrect or incomplete information on the file or URL blocked.

It woul be really useful if the "blocked" page at ...\GFI\WebMonitor\Interface\BlockingMSG.html could be amended to include a "Submit to Administrator" section and/or button for blocked pages/downloads that the user feels are blocked in error.

The administrator could be specified elsewhere in the Webmonitor interface and the user could be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

GFI WebMonitor

Feedback and Knowledge Base