GFI WebMonitor

Welcome to the GFI WebMonitor Forum. Feel free to submit your feedback and suggestions below.

For more information on the release please visit:
http://www.gfi.com/products-and-solutions/network-security-solutions/gfi-webmonitor/specifications/product-editions

How can we improve GFI WebMonitor

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. GFI Web Monitor Authentication Exception List

It would be better if authentication method exception list accepts ip range and ip subnet instead of only unique ip address.
    Configuration-Proxy Settings-Authentication Method-Set exception list. We need to add a subnet but it does not support it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hide Referrals

Client have the same situation: a site is whitelist, but that is still not enough because sites in the background will block the entire connection or make it much slower.

Client would like that if the main URL is excluded or whitelist, the referral in the background will also be excluded.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. De-select ALL Dashboard icons

Some Dashboard icons (columns) can be de-selected in the menu. There needs to be an option to de-select ALL dashboard icons (columsn) at the user's will. The reason is there are some icons and features I simply don't need to see in the main view. For example the 24/7 maintenance service or restart column icon. I want to deactive it but it is not allowed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Performance issues with IP Ranges

There is a major software performance issue when using large amounts of IP Ranges.

We only have 1000 devices in our boarding school but use different subnet for each year (eg 192.168.14.* / 192.168.15.* etc for each year they leave). This allows us to bulk remove them when they leave and also schedule internet access times / access rules depending on year / boarding house.

Problem is that when you use an IP range rule GFI Webmonitor checks the rules against every INDIVIDUAL IP address in that range, so if you add more that 4 or 5 ranges then the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. IP + MAC Internet Access

How to give internet access by IP + MAC.to user for security reasons.. ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Exporting web filtering policies

Have a way to export the web filtering policies into a spreadsheet or file that displays all the filters with what restriction is applied as well as the exceptions lists and who they apply to. This can be if a company has multiple policies and wants to see exactly which group has what filters active as well as the sites exception list and allow list and who it applies to, to stop having too many clone groups that are close to being the same.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Admin credential

already i put email address user name and password

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Web monitor as a centralized solution

if we have 5 branches including the HQ its connected to each other’s and we have 5 TMG servers one for each branch we are targeting to install GFI web monitor on each server , does GFI web monitor have centralized dash board, data base and reporting engine?
    They are looking to manage the 5 branches from one location for example to generate one report for user moving between 5 branches from the centralized dashboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. inspect for blocked files inside compressed files

client has a policy to block .msi and .exe files
    but if this files come inside a compresses files like .zip or .rar the files can bypass the blocked policy.
    It can allow for 0-day virus to be downloaded.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Larger support for more filetypes

Recently a user was not able to download a document of the dxf and dwg type. This is a filetype well known to CAD users. Adding these filetypes to GFI Webmonitor would be helpfull since I then I do not have to whitelist websites.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Copy and Paste Feature on Checks

Since IE11 was introduced to my machine I am now unable to copy and paste details from the Checks Tab within the Dashboard. Working on a Servicedesk I found it a very useful tool which prevented me having to write out very long script check details every time I had to raise a case. This feature is now not available and raising 100's of cases is going to take 4-5 times longer to raise. Is it possible to please re-add this feature?
    Cheers

Dean

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. user count

i would like to have a "smart" way to view the users that allocate license. now the only way is with debug mode.
    thanks, mario

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Citrix XenServer support

Currently GFI WebMonitor doesn't support Microsoft TMG 2010 inside Virtual Machines on Citrix XenServer virtualization platform. It would be great if GFI has plan on it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Whitelist for Anti-Phishing filter

We at least, could sure use a way to tell the GFI Webmonitor anti-phishing filter that a specific site is trusted. We send staff at our retail stores to a trusted Vendor for tech support but the filter blocks their ticket form. Tech Support agreed that the only current solution is to turn the Anti-phishing filter off. Obviously not a great solution.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Activity Report without showing usernames

it's not possible to run an activity report without showing usernames.
    My management want to publish this report public but we can't do this for privacy reasons.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Block new user on Full license Reached

Possibility on GFI WebMonitor (isa server edition) to block new ip address and new autenticated user on reaches the maximum threshold license.
    New user are block all navigation, licensed user all ok

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Temporary allowed vs. anonymization

When anonymization is enabled Temporary allowed policy is not visible.
    I use this workaround if I found bad categorization:
    1. Temporary allow site for 2 weeks.
    2. Submit request for recategorization.
    This works fine almost 100%.

But when anonymization is enabled I cannot use this workaround.

Could you do something to use temporary allowed policy however anonymization is enabled?

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Automated or simplified categorizing of "unknown" Sites ....

An easy to use catogorization-tool and/or automated categorizing of unknown sites:
    Simple click on submit -> klick on the appropiate group(s) the site belongs and off .. not copy/paste the domain-name, click on the categorys AND supply mail-address. Also Batch-processing would be great !

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Report showing upload files

I would suggest to have an specific report showing filename and the extension of files upload in sites to transfer large files like sendspace.com or wetransfer.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. email for license

i woul like to have an email if there are more sessions then license

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base