GFI WebMonitor

Welcome to the GFI WebMonitor Forum. Feel free to submit your feedback and suggestions below.

For more information on the release please visit:
http://www.gfi.com/products-and-solutions/network-security-solutions/gfi-webmonitor/specifications/product-editions

How can we improve GFI WebMonitor

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. sooo much items

- difficult GUI
    - no central configuration
    - no integrated Loadbalancing in case of more webmonitors
    - No takeover of the security-settings in case of upgrading from V2013
    - No cumulated reporting over more webmonitors

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Issues in the UI Access Control

Cannot edit the Default Authorization Rule (and even a 2nd policy created)

Trying to edit the default rule by adding an additional user, group and/or IP. The window opens up, you press the Save button, the Save animation comes up and you are re-directed to the console. After opening the same Default Authorization Rule, none of the changes I made where confirmed. (applies for adding and deletion of entries)

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. how to

what kind of admin name do you want I have intered 5 names it don't work

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. WebMonitor Consolidated Report

Administrator should be able to view consolidated report as to the bandwidth usage, time spent and which website is being viewed.
    A single report should be able to carry out all these features.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Block personal Gmail & IM, but allow Google business apps

Google supports http header X-GoogApps-Allowed-Domains to allow only access to google services for business accounts but not for personal accounts.

http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1668854

Please support this so we can block personal google IM and mail but not allowed business mail, IM and hangouts.

Also if it possible track IM conversations to determine if sender is a business related account or not.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Multiple GFI WebMonitor Servers as a failover solution

Using multiple Web Monitor server where if one fails, another takes over.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Scanning only until filesize limit

Big files wich are per configuration to scan will force the Webmon crash. ( See Case GFI-101228-207682 ). The possibility of setting a scanlimit (for example 500 MB/file) could help to increase performance and stability.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Testing of GFI Webmonitor for Squid Proxy

Hi there,
    I would like from you to please check the non ISA GFI monitor for monitoring the squid proxy and update if it can be integrated with that for reports and graphs.

Looking forward for your update in this regards.
    Farooq

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Highlight active categories in selection window

If you want to change the category of a filtering policy it is extremely difficult because in the selection window are not checked categories that are already active.

So active categories should be highlighted in the selection window!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Reports page, Change Title Click to Run & Run to be edit button

It is unituitive to click the title to edit the report. Clicking the title should RUN the report, as such where the run button is... that should be the edit button.

I keep clicking the title expecting it to run the report, even though I know it won't. Also once on the edit page add 2 buttons.

Run Now and Save and Run

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sort Apple wpad or PAC file issues

All apple products seem to default to "no proxy settings", i.e. unlike Microsoft which defaults all browsers and connections to Auto Detect Proxy settings Apple doesn't.

This is to speed up connection time but also is a huge security loop hole. Now I'm NOT expecting GFI to be able to fix the inherant setup of Apple products but investigate a work around for visiting clients with Apple products so I can still stop them using undesirable sites.

This is ONLY an issue with the GFI WebMonitor running in Simple Proxy mode, in gateway all traffic is routed regardless so you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow clone of Default Policies

Assuming we do not add an ignore field to each category (as per my previous suggestion) then we need the ability to clone the default so I can make a single change, i.e. open or close a single category, rather than having to open and close the correct categories

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. WEB filtering using keywords

I suggest you enable whitelisting/blacklisting using keywords included in the URL in addition to domain and wildcard.
    For instance, companies may have multiple local websites as company.co.uk company.de company.fr company.sp and so on...

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. webmon - log/track changes to config w/ comment box

create a way to track changes to the config.

For sites that have multiple administrators that maybe making changes it would be good to know what was changed, by who, and why.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Render web page correctly that contain blocked reference domains

When a user attempts to connect to a page with a site request, I would like for it to fully load the page even if related contents from other blocked domains are requested. This will allow for the page to appear fully, and not show as broken to the user.
    If one of the requested domains are then attempted by user selection on the page displayed, it should be actioned as per the Web Filtering Policy in place.

In essence, the referred domain requested by the initial transaction will be processed and filtered differently than a primary domain request.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. webmon localization warnings

When webmon blocks notexistent url warning message always is shown in English. It is not possible to switch to another language.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. reports on IP range

I would like to see the aability to produce reports based on IP range.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Temporary whitelist all users

I want whitelist site/address temporary for ALL USERS

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Web Filtering

Re-introduce the web filtering for 3rd party Advertising.
    When surfing the net , avoid 3rd party adverts opening or if they do open it says blocked by vipre.
    The bad website filtering is good but does not block all gambling/ looking for love adverts opening up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. specify how long the warn and allow prompt resets

Currently if you set the warn and allow flag in a policy.. it will warn once only for the whole day..
    maybe in the next release there could be the option to specify a reset time..
    admins might want to give some users 10 mins after the prompt then re-prompt on subsequent visits.. or even prompt every time for certain sites.. (maybe some PC's are communal.. so, as it stands,1 person is prompted.. but the next is not.. as is with generic logins)
    just a thought..
    AJ

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

GFI WebMonitor

Feedback and Knowledge Base