GFI WebMonitor

Welcome to the GFI WebMonitor Forum. Feel free to submit your feedback and suggestions below.

For more information on the release please visit:
http://www.gfi.com/products-and-solutions/network-security-solutions/gfi-webmonitor/specifications/product-editions

How can we improve GFI WebMonitor

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Eliminate Referral Sites & Ads from WebMonitor Surf Time Report

My client wants to know what websites his employees visit and when. The Surf Time Report works, but includes referral sites & advertisements which is misleading to the person reviewing the report. For example, the report may show facebook.com because the employee was on a business-related site that included an ad for facebook, but the employee didn't actually go to facebook.com. Very misleading and difficult to interpret the report. It's especially bad for the employee being falsely accused of browsing where (s)he shouldn't be browsing during business hours.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. multiple nic's

Hi,

Is there anyway to tell "GFI WEBMONITOR 2012R3" to scan only one ethernet adapter instead of all the ethernet adapters installed\configured at the TMG machine.

For Example: TMG server with 4 Ethernet Adapters and only one adapter\network should get scanned with "GFI WEBMONITOR".

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Copy URL of a blocked site from the notifications panel

Give the ability to copy the URL of a blocked site from the Notifications panel, actually i need to go to dashboards/activity and filter with the username to copyin events log the full URL of a blocked site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unblock Request

Possibility to user who try accessing a block website to ask, directly on the website, to unblock with a comment. The administrator can receive an email and accept or not to allow this website.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Protocol vise policy

In the manage policy if there is option for protocol wise policy then it will helpful to us.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Generic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. WK2010

Surprised it wasn't asked before, but is it in some way possible to make Webmon filter based on keywords? So in caase "WK and 2010" or "wk 2010ïs on the page, it can be redirected?. Also I see when looking for wk 2010 on google that the first 3 pages are all categorized in different categories. The nature of each website is ofcourse different, but in case webmon will be used to block wacthing TV etc, it would be nice to give some broader filteroptions. I know it might sometimes give flase positives, but you can always enable websites.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Change the Quota Timeout Block Screen

When a user times out have it display a different page, instead of "You have been blocked from downloading this file since it breaches a security policy." because they are not downloading a file. They have just simply hit their browsing time for the day

Something like "You have reached your allotted miscellaneous browsing time for the day."

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Dashboardfilter on content type

In webmon it would be nice to be able to filter based on contentype. When people are killing bandwidth in a large organisation, it might be that they are watching a movie. Now in SR1 you need to find the user, and then 'kill the culprit'.
    If I could filter based on content-type I can terminate all video-streams, application downloads, etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I tkink is simply perfect currently, maybe it will improve in next years.

GFI has solved to me many problems of performance and safety.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ticker-like Infos about GFI-related maintenance and problems

Lastly we had a problem where our WebMonitor could not download Kaspersky Updates for 2 hours. We troubleshooted a lot but in the end it turned out there were some issues regarding the infrastructure of GFI.

I think it would be a good idea to have a somehow newsticker-like or if you like this approach more, a forum post where GFI users can see if you have issues with the infrastructure.

Me, personally - I would love this because then I don´t have to worry about my internal systems when I know it is something on your side you are…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Regular expression and temporarily filtering

At moment of writing there is no option to filter based on regular expression and tempoarily blocked. Is this on any roadmap or release-program (308900)

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Drill Down from Dashboard

Would love to see the ability to drill down into statistics from the WebMonitor Dashboard.

Examples:
    Alerts - Click on alert to see exactly what the alert was for
    Web Security Status - Click on numbers to see all the recorded web security blocked sites/threats/viruses
    WebFilter Status - Click on numbers to see all the recorded blocks/warnings/quarantines

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. alphabetic listing of entries in policies

Can the listed entries for say 'users applied to' and even 'allowed sites' be sorted alphabetically.. just to make it easier to check if a user is present.. or a site has been entered..
    especially if there are a lot!
    thanks
    AJ

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Import Multipe Text Files

It will be glad if an option to add multiple text files including IP addresses to GFI when importing computers from text files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Enable GFI to Insert Header into Packets

Currently we are using GFI Web Monitor. It would be nice if GFI had the capabilities to manipulate the Header in every IP packet that passes through so that we can distinguish between personal email accounts (Gmail for example) and Business email account that's hosted by Google. We don't want users to access their personal email accounts during working hours and only allow Company email through. If GFI is capable of inserting IP Headers on every packet, we would be able to Block personal emails accounts

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Webmonitor categories based on an Exclusion basis

In WM rules, you can filter a full category, exclude some sites from that category and apply that rule to a group of users. However, you cannot exclude a user or group of users from that list. The rule hence has to be global. It would be nice if, (a) we could exclude users from the list of users to whom the rule applies and (b) if we could apply the rule to "ALL Except - ..." and define the group of users to whom the rule will not be applied.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. IP list for Internet guest

The option to create one group of IP address who can navigate with some restructions, like time or bandwith, without autenticate or proxy configuration

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. suggest you enable whitelisting/blacklisting using keywords included in the URL in addition to domain and wildcard.

suggest you enable whitelisting/blacklisting using keywords included in the URL in addition to domain and wildcard.
    For instance, companies may have multiple local websites as company.co.uk company.de company.fr company.sp and so on...

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Configurable trickle feed for downloads

Include the ability to configure the amount of data being fed to clients during file downloads. A problem exists where applications are used to download files and due to the low amount of data being recieved (while waiting for the proxy to download/scan) they may retry/restart the download multiple times. This can cause significant amount of data to be consumed as the proxy server iniitiates a new download for each new request. Other proxy servers I've worked with inth e past have offered an option to increase the trickle feed in order to satisfy applications in this scenario.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Reports - only report on 'work' hours (not breaks or lunches)

The owner wants reports based upon where people are browsing during 'work hours'. I want to be able to pull a report for last week or last month, but only using definded work hours for every day. Using the same start and end time each day. For example: my defined work hours would be 8:00-10:00, 10:15-12:00, 1:00-3:00, and 3:15-5:00, Monday thru Friday.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base