GFI WebMonitor

Welcome to the GFI WebMonitor Forum. Feel free to submit your feedback and suggestions below.

For more information on the release please visit:
http://www.gfi.com/products-and-solutions/network-security-solutions/gfi-webmonitor/specifications/product-editions

How can we improve GFI WebMonitor

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to clear malicious alerts in GFI Web Monitor Dashboard

We need to have an option where we can clear malicious alerts detected on the GFI Web monitor dashboard.

Have the old malicious alerts archived within a lapse of time automatically (monthly) or can be cleared manually by the administrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Backtrace browse actions

Several users find it hard to see what might have triggered a phishing attack. The link itself and the user and the website might be logged, but in most cases, it is not the website itself, but a script that is calling upon this location. It is very difficult to see what site/URL triggered the phishing location. It would be nice to enable this 'traceable cache' for some minutes or group the info that was called upon by what site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. WEBGrade Miscategorisation

It would be nice to have the Categories in different Languages for WEBGRADE!

as well as the Miscateogrisation report, could this be adjusted, language wise, too?

At the moment, the report miscategorisation link is only available in english. You will
    need to submit this as a feature request to have this page made available with
    translations into other languages.

Kind regards,

Ewan

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to add user for monitoring

Currently GFI gives option to exclude users. It would be nice feature to able to add users/IP which I want to monitor and exclude all others.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Recognition of Open Document Format (ODF) Documents

We are using GFI WebMonitor 2013 (Build 20130910) for ISA/TMG running on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard with TMG 2010 (SP 2 Rollup 5).
    Our Default Download Policy, applied to all of our users, quarantines .ZIP files. However, when someone attempts to download an Open Document Format Document (.ODT, .ODS, .ODP) it is blocked as GFI WebMonitor (mistakenly) detects it as a .ZIP file.
    I added and permitted the download of the relevant Custom Content Types for Open Format Files to WebMonitor. This did not work.
    I opened a support case with GFI who stated that "since ODT are compressed…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Chained Proxy

To connect to another proxy it would be very helpfull if I can discriminate type of trafics to route or not to same place. Example: Route HTTP to x.x.x.x:8080 but not HTTPs traffic. Just like a common proxy client for any web browser.
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bring back Full URL in dashboard and reports

This suggestion was provided over a year ago and appears to have been implemented in the previous release. The current manual even shows this option. However, the current release does not have this option available. It would be very useful to be able to view the full URL on certain user's activities.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Include the Blocked category in Block Message on screen

The customised message that appears on the screen when a user visits a blocked website needs to be more informative and included a place card holder variable for at least the category that the website that was blocked that it belonged too. Also including the URL in the message (another place card variable) would also help users when they contact us for advise etc.

At present the message displayed is very bland and doesn't look very professional at all ie. no graphics or anything.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. IT-Techniker

Check "Überprüfung der Exchange-Speichergröße" fails because of exceeded limit and I change the limit to fit again the check ist cleared in the check details and the server list (the both windows on the right side), but the customer tree on the left side is still red until the check is run again. This should be syncron either way (everything red or everything clear).

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Infected file can still be downloaded

When the policy is set to WARN, if a file is found infected by the antivirus engine, the client still gets the option to save the file.

I would prefer that the file would be blocked in this case or at least a third button with a red sign = "The file seems to be infected - save the file?"

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Admin credential

already i put email address user name and password

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Change the language on GFI WebMonitor

I want to change the language to french. Is this possible on the evaluation version? Because I made ​​the change and restart the services and language is always English.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. collection you data runs forever

make a progress bar

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Tracing based on user/site

In Webmon 2014, it is possible to put the focus on one user/site/IP (activity logging). This is not possible to ask for in Webmon 2015 (yet). Especially for tweaking settings and monitoring certain users, it is wanted to do this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Schedule a download of database base on specific time

The possibility in GFI WebMonitor (isa edition) to schedule a download database based on specific time (es. at 12 AM) and not every x hour!

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Web Browsing Quota Policies for Time period i.e. 1-2pm

Rather than saying for 30 mins in a 24 hour period.

Allow 30 mins between 1 and 2pm or
    Allow between 1 and 2pm.

At present I have a lunchtime rule which allows News and Media and Web based Email during 1 and 2pm BUT the lunchbreak is only 30 mins, so I also have a Web Browsing Quota Policy to say a max of 30 mins during that time.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow HTTPS exclusion by subnet

When HTTPS inspection is enabled Skype fails to log in, and the options are either to disable HTTPS scanning or to add every IP address Skype might use to the 'DomainsExceptedFromHTTPSInspection' list (Ref KB article: How to add items to the HTTPS Scanning exclusion List).

Bearing in mind the number of IP addresses to be added is 2286, this not only would make the ProxyConfig.xml an extremely long file, but also requires you to generate that list manually and adapt it to the syntax of the file.

Based on the above, it would be good to be able to add…

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 6 7 9 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

GFI WebMonitor

Feedback and Knowledge Base