GFI LanGuard

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show if PC is on or off

Could you put a green or red little light next to the PC names to show whether the PC is turned on or off.
    Something like a quick ping test every 1-2mins (allow the user to change this) to check the status of the PC.

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatic exclusion of obsolete/superseded patches

When selecting/approving a patch for installation, LanGuard should automatically disable patches that are no longer needed.
    E.g. if I select everything that's available for one machine which needs Service Pack 1 for Office 2013, LanGuard should not try to install patches that are included in/superseded by SP1 for Office 2013.

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Agent performance throttling

LANguard agent should be capable of limiting certain 'counters' like CPU usage, memory usage and bandwidth usage per agent. In large environments and heavy used servers it is not always wanted to unwantedly share this much power to the agent. It finishes faster, but the drawback weighs heavier (some tell us 95% CPU and 500MB mem during a scan). In some cases the downloading of patches is also nicer if it could be limited.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Software Audit - Option to Replace Old Software Versions

I would like to see a optional setting that would replace older versions of a software when you do a full/software Audit.

The setting would take older versions of a software for example Adobe Reader 9.5.1, uninstall it, and replace it with Adobe Reader 10.1.3.

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Auto-Remediation Schedule

Would love to be able to setup schedule and times when auto-remediation can take place. For instance, we like to scan nightly but only want auto-remediation to take place between certain hours on Sunday only.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to reboot immediately if no one is logged on

After patching or deploying custom software it is often necessary to reboot. However you obviously don't want to reboot immediately if a user is logged on but there's no reason not to reboot immediately if no one is logged on. It would be nice to add an option to the reboot menu to the effect of: Reboot immediately if no one is logged on else notify user and let them decide. Currently if I choose let user decide and no one happens to be logged into the computer it will wait until a user logs on and then tell them…

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Software and licence keys inventory in GFI LANGuard

While doing software inventory on GFI LANGuard, it will be nice to have an option to detect license keys associated with the software (e.g. Office license keys etc.)

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Wake On LAN to Agent Scan

I would like to be able to enable "wake up offline computers" for agent scans. Currently this is only an option with scheduled scans, which are much more network intensive. It shouldn't be too hard to have the LANguard server send out a WOL magic packet at the scheduled time for agent scans, what way we can reap the benefits of WOL and agent scans without having to resort to third party WOL software.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Automate "Synchronize with Active Directory"

Currently the "Synchronize with Active Directory" function has to be executed manually. As this is a very repetitive task being able to automatically schedule "Synchronize with Active Directory" would save time and effort.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LanGuard 12  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Scheduled installation of Third Party Applications

I would like to request the consideration of adding the ability to install third party applications (Deploy Custom Software) via the agent. I have computers that are located all over the world and are located in various time zones. A lot of the time, they are powered off while others are powered on. Being able to designate a package to be installed when the agent checks in with the server would be very valuable as I will never be able to have all my systems on at once for a new package rollout. This strategy works exceptionally well for patching…

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Custom Reports

Create custom reports. Much like Spiceworks. I want be able to output anything to excel. Report of Software, computer name, last logged on user, all in one report.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Workstation In Use? Icon/Feature To Let Us Know If User Is Sitting At Workstation And Using It

Sometimes we need to log into a client's machine to either bring an agent back online or other issues. If the user is at lunch or simply isn't using the workstation it would be great to have an icon letting us know that the machine hasn't been touched in let's say...10 minutes....20 minutes...basically the machine is not in use. We could then remote connect, fix the issue, and disconnect without having to call a client each and every time we need to connect to their machines.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Patch Approval

I have a group of test PCs that I push patches out to first. Then I want to approve (through Configuration\Auto-Patch Deployment) only those patches that were TESTED. I can't be picking and choosing through 12,000 patches to approve every one. Once they are installed onto the test group for some period (one to two weeks), then I want to be able to approve any installed patches on those systems. Isn't that how it should be done? The Auto-Deployment screen provides no tools to approve already tested patches.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Executive reports

At moment of writing the reports in LNSS are all for technicians. It would be nice for our maintenance partners or technicians to hand over an executive report that shows current status of configured group (or all) in just simple graphs. Not the whole report.
    So for example overview of missing patches/service packs, changed hardware, general safetylevel, etc.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Patch auto-deployment control

1. Whilst looking at the Deploy Software Updates tab under the remediation area I would like to have the ability to mark 1 or more patches as approved for automatic deployment. Currently I have to go into the configuration menu, down to the auto deploy patches window and trawl through hundreds upon hundreds of updates looking for the one or more I want to deploy to my network. This is extremely time consuming and as such I never use it.

2. I think it would be beneficial to be able to generate patch groups or packages, these would be generated…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Languard Stale computer Pruning

It would be nice if languard could automatically remove stale computers from the database at a user configurable interval.

For example, I would like computers that haven't contacted the languard server in the last 30 days to be automatically removed.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Inclusion of MS Bulletin ID's When Exporting a Report

Would it be possible to please include the MS Bulletin ID's along with KB numbers, when generating/exporting reports? I feel that the inclusion of the MS numbers, makes identifying the patches so much easier

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Approve patches per group of computers

Hi,
    We have problems with patch approval process in Languard 9. For example, a patch causes problems on server-x, but it's ok on server-y. If we approve that patch, it's applied on both servers.
    Is there a way to solve this? I mean, approval with respect to groups formed for Languard..

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Patch selection process

Patch selection process

1. While working the Profile management dialog and selecting the needed or approved patches, it would be helpful to have the patches grouped under a header with the ability to select all or none of that group. It is very tedious and time consuming to go through and select or un-select each patch even selecting a group of patches and then right clicking and choosing whether to include or exclude those patches with that profile.

2. Need the ability to download select patches to a specific folder to be used by a saved Scan Profile and also…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Change default of requested reboot from Restart Now to Remind me

We currently ran into a problem with this design. We request reboots during the day once a week while patching. When this popup appeared a user hit enter quickly so it seemed like they were forced to reboot and they lost a huge amount of work on a spreadsheet. If the default option was set to remind me later, this would not have happened.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base