How can we improve?

Patch auto-deployment control

1. Whilst looking at the Deploy Software Updates tab under the remediation area I would like to have the ability to mark 1 or more patches as approved for automatic deployment. Currently I have to go into the configuration menu, down to the auto deploy patches window and trawl through hundreds upon hundreds of updates looking for the one or more I want to deploy to my network. This is extremely time consuming and as such I never use it.

2. I think it would be beneficial to be able to generate patch groups or packages, these would be generated by selecting one or more patches from the remediation list and then adding them to an existing group or creating a new one. This grouping would then be shown alongside the patch for reference and these groups should then be listed as a new section after the current 5 main headings within the remediation centre. This way I can select the group and install all the patches it contains to a PC or group of PC’s

6 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Valdeli  PereiraValdeli Pereira shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Geoff SmithGeoff Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2013-06-26]
    I would love to see this function, I don't currently use auto deployment in any shape through lan guard because its such a painful process to achieve.

I would also like to see an option to add patches to auto deployment groups fro within the remediation area. That way if i spot an upgrade showing for a machine and realise its needed all over i can add it to auto deploy rather than having to run installs all over teh place.

Feedback and Knowledge Base