How can we improve?

Software Audit - Option to Replace Old Software Versions

I would like to see a optional setting that would replace older versions of a software when you do a full/software Audit.

The setting would take older versions of a software for example Adobe Reader 9.5.1, uninstall it, and replace it with Adobe Reader 10.1.3.

13 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dustin ClineDustin Cline shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Eric  KirscherEric Kirscher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this absolutely should be included! An option to upgrade MAJOR versions automatically would be nice.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2012-09-27]
    I just started with LanGuard and didn't pick up on this during our evaluation. I'm amazed that this feature isn't already available.

• Gloria RiceGloria Rice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2012-10-02]
    This is pretty common for the patch management systems we have used. Rather than upping the major version, they will just get you to the latest minor version of your current major version. It is understandable since major version updates often break functionality, but there should be an option.

• Geoff SmithGeoff Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2013-06-26]
    At the very least it would be nice to have superseded patches all grouped together under the most recent version of that patch as well as perhaps the notice that a newer version of that product is available for installation.

So often I go into the remediation window and have to trawl through the list of red superseded items until i get what i want.

Feedback and Knowledge Base