How can we improve?

Chain Multiple Updates

I would like to suggest that LanGuard be able to detect where there are new versions of applications available or chains of dependent updates and be able to jump to the latst comprehensive update or version (in the case of free software in particular) or chain the updates together so that a single cycle (or at least a few cycles) of remediation will bring a system completely up to date.

We have been using LanGuard for several months now and still have systems that are catching up on their updates. I see how the current functionality is quite sufficient for systems that are already up to date but it would be helpful when adding a new computer to the networ (for example) to have LanGuard be able to take care of the update process with as few cycles as possible.

4 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ray Beckwith shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2012-07-18]
    Excellent idea, saves pinging or ussing other third party tools to establish what machines (particularly overdue ones) can be worked on.

• Dustin Cline commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2012-08-09]
    Yea something i thought about to when i had old unpatched computers have to patch several versions of Adobe until it was finally caught up. I wondered why (A) it didn't just recognize the latest version and install that one (B) didn't chain the updates into one package

Feedback and Knowledge Base