How can we improve?

Resumable patch deployment

It would be a great advantage to have resumable deployments. Specifically critical when deploying patches or custom deployments to Mobile devices such as laptops and Windows based tablets. These are notorious for dropping connectivity. Being able to resume a deployment from last point would save a lot of time and bandwidth.

4 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Scott Hagenus shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2012-03-15]
    This is the scenario I often get. GFI is pushing out Office SP3 and does so in chunks, it finishes pushing out a large 400mb file (mainwwsp3.msp), then starts copying the next one. At this point it fails and says 'The specified network name is no longer available'. I know it has managed to push out 60% of the files required to install SP3 as I can see them on the machine; but when you start the remediation again LanGuard starting copying the files from the start again!

The above scenario often happens for home workers who are on a poor line connection and the connection drops causing the patch deployment to fail. This is obviously especially frustrating when your trying to push out large service packs.

Why can't LanGuard be programmed to check if the required files in the C:\Windows\Patches folder exist before it starts copying them again using checksums?

Feedback and Knowledge Base