How can we improve?

Web UI

I was astonished at the fact that LanGuard does not offer a Web UI or something of the sort for remote administration.

Web UI capabilities should be added - It is not good practise for me to have "Operators" or the like to be logged into my servers using Admin Privileges just to Administer GFI LanGuard.

6 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Adam Nichols shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2013-06-17]
    Absolutely. Just like the recommendation for an remote console. Some type of remote management is VERY important for this. It isn't security best practice to log into servers to administer this type of thing. Please correct this. It would be nice to see the prodcut roadmap and when this can be added. Cmon GFI, get with the times.

[Comment date: 2013-10-03]
    I, like many others, am dying to know when this feature is going to be implemented. I don't know why it wasn't done a long time ago.

[Comment date: 2013-11-05]
    Indeed. I, and the rest of my department, rely on LanGuard to provide patch/vulnerability details. Unfortunately while the reporting is useful to us all, the Remediation capabilities are not utilized by LanGuard because we can only use the console one at a time. Could we please have a web UI capable of hosting simultaneous sessions so we can leverage LanGuard? You can still enforce the same thread restrictions so we won't overload the server and/or network.

• Troy Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2013-11-08]
    Wow...this idea was posted 2 YEARS ago and still nothing has been added to support this functionality!!

[Comment date: 2015-01-30]
    Hi all,

A web interface for GFI LanGuard is currently work in progress at the development team and we expect it to be available to public in the second half of 2015.
    The new web console will provide support for the following:
    - Easy remote access
    - Ability to centralize results and generate reports across multiple LanGuard installations
    - Improved scalability
    - User roles and permissions
    - Concurrent access for multiple users
    A BETA version will be available in the coming months. We will notify here when the BETA program starts so that everybody interested can join and provide us feedback if we are on the right track with this.

Thank you!

Cristian Florian
    Product Manager

Feedback and Knowledge Base