How can we improve?

Remote console for Languard

It would be very useful to have a remote console that we can install on a management workstation rather than having to remote control the server GFI Languard is installed on.

10 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Aaron Davies shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2011-03-08]
    This is something we intend to have in the future. No dates yet.

Cristian Florian
    Product Manager

• Ray Beckwith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2012-05-24]
    I wish to add my request for a method for controlling LanGuard from a remote workstation rather than remoting into the server.

• Ryan Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2013-05-13]
    Cristi,
    This feature request/idea is 2yrs old, has this been added to the product yet?

[Comment date: 2013-06-17]
    Seriously GFI? This has been around for 2 years? How can this be a serious security product without a remote console? We just purcahsed this product and I am incredibly disappointed in this. Please make this a priority. Who in the **** wants to remote into a server to run this? I thought we were in the 21st century now.

[Comment date: 2013-10-03]
    Seriously, this feature is WAY overdue. Please get this going soon. Is this ever gonna happen?

• Erik Spitzner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2014-08-13]
    This is in my opinion the biggest deficit in the LANGuard product. Even a Web Interface would work if a full featured client has been problematic.

[Comment date: 2014-08-26]
    I will be migrating away from this product if this is not delivered by the time my licensing expires. I have waited several years for this functionality, and will not be waiting another year. Why this is idea number 90, I have no clue. The cannot hope to capture larger markets without this functionality. Too many competing products with better features have come down in price to where they can easily replace LanGuard.

[Comment date: 2015-01-30]
    Hi all,

A web interface for GFI LanGuard is currently work in progress at the development team and we expect it to be available to public in the second half of 2015.
    The new web console will provide support for the following:
    - Easy remote access
    - Ability to centralize results and generate reports across multiple LanGuard installations
    - Improved scalability
    - User roles and permissions
    - Concurrent access for multiple users
    A BETA version will be available in the coming months. We will notify here when the BETA program starts so that everybody interested can join and provide us feedback if we are on the right track with this.

Thank you!

Cristian Florian
    Product Manager

Feedback and Knowledge Base