How can we improve?

IP Exclusions on Scan

It would be nice if you could setup IP exclusions when doing a ranged scan.

1 vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Community Member shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2010-03-08]
    IP exclusions are possible in GFI LANguard if the scan target is specified in a TXT file.

I.e. a file containing the following:

192.168.0.1-192.168.0.254

means scan all range except the two IP addresses preceded by "-".

• Brad Daugherty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2011-03-29]
    I put in an idea to also scan by OU I think that either of these would work I personally though would rather see this done at the ou level.

• William Whitney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2011-01-05]
    I agree, it is a pain to put in what you can scan than it is to put in an exclusion.

• Tyler Sewall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2010-10-13]
    Was a global IP exclusion list actually added or was this changed to completed because you COULD use a txt file and exclude from there?

I want to exclude certain IPs no matter which method I use to scan...

• Eric Kirscher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2010-07-22]
    I 100% agree. I have 100 licenses and 7 of them are being used for IPs that should not be scanned.

• Eric Swensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2011-12-27]
    I was thinking there could be a Pre-scan done kind of like the network Discovery scan but once the scan was done finding all the devices in your network they could have an Exclusion list pop-up box that shows all the devices detected with a radial box next to the name of the device. You could then select the box if you would like to use that device for a licence or not select it if you wish to add it to the exclusion list. This could also be applied for what devices you would like scanned or not scanned as well.

Feedback and Knowledge Base