GFI LanGuard

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New criteria of check local admin password complexity

How to create new criteria for check complexity of local admin accounts password.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Organize Activity Monitor And/Or Dashboard

I would like to have a way to Organize my Scheduled/Agent Scans in the Activity Monitor. When you have tons of agents that scan in one day it can be difficult to find a specific one i need to check on.

I would like to see either a Filter or some drop down lists categorized by OU/Attribute in the activity monitor much like how it is on the Dashboard.

Or

On the dashboard you can see (depending on what you have selected) quite a bit of data, such as Security Sensors, Computer Details, and Scan Activity, the graph on the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Scheduld and manual Scans

Provide the ability to resume a failed scan. For various reasons scans can sometime be interrupted. Can you provide a method of resuming the scan where it left off. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Satellite Linux

support to integrate satellite linux or space walk open source version for patch management similar to the WSUS integration

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Authenticate to SQL database with Active Directory credentials

When utilizing an off-server SQL database, currently Languard 12 only allows the use of local SQL credentials or the currently logged in Windows account credentials.

This is terrible practice. Any enterprise worth its salt utilizes Active Directory authentication for MSSQL databases, allowing the use of a Service Account for tasks like this. Utilizing individual SQL accounts like SA is effectively impossible to manage when you have dozens of SQL servers in a decent sized environment and a reasonable security policy.

When installing GFI and choosing the back end, I should be able to select "SQL Server", then specify the server,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Custom Jobs Order of Install

Please change the custom jobs deployment to install custom software in the order that each package is listed. For instance, when installing some software, I need to run multiple .msi or .exe files, then at the end run a custom .cmd or .bat file to make registry key changes. Languard often decides to run the installs in a random order, and when the .cmd/.bat file runs before the install, it screws up the install. After all, how can it delete a registry key that hasn't been created yet? Languard claims the install was successful because all 4 parts of the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Be able to deploy Windows updates to Windows Embedded Devices

We have several HP Thin Clients with Windows 7/10 embedded. It would be great to be able to deploy Windows updates to these with LANGuard. Currently you can deploy them but only if the write filter is off, what I would love to see if the ability in the batch job to have it disable/enable the write filter or be able to commit the changes in the write filter after the updates are deployed. Examples of the TCs we use are the HP t620 and HP t630.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 to supported Operating Systems

Add Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 to supported Operating Systems. Currently there are massive issues with both OS. Mostly because of the RPC Service during Agent installation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LanGuard 12  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. LanGuard should check that the node which has been connected to is as expected

On many occasions we see LanGuard connect to a host name which resolves to a DHCP address that has since been assigned to another machine.

In this case, LanGuard installs patches and updates for the original machine onto the wrong box!! It should check the identify of the node using a GUID or at least validate the local hostname before installing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Federal Gov't (USGCB/FDCC) compliance checks to LanGuard

Every federal government agency (and many contractors) must scan devices and check for compliance with the U.S. Government Configuration Baseline (USGCB), previously Federal Desktop Core Configuration (FDCC) & FISMA 800-53 compliance. The feature could be implemented as a report, similar to the checks for PCI compliance.

More information: http://usgcb.nist.gov/

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Languard - Licensing change needed!

Current licensing solution makes the otherwise good software LanGuard not suitable for use in especially larger companies.
    Because LanGuard automatically gives a licence to computers from active directory.
    Almost every company has old, not anymore used machines in Active Directory and won't put any effort and money in cleaning this up.
    So it happens that a company has for example 70 PCs in use and buy 100 LanGuard licences. Languard finds 170 PC in AD and gives licences to machines not in use anymore. So important machines like servers don't have a licence free for use, even the company bought…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Advanced Scheduling in Languard for Patch Management

I would like to see more advanced scheduling options for rolling out patching to test groups in stages / delayed timings, for example - rollout updates to a test group just after patch tuesday - then 2 weeks later the second group will get automatically approved

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. LANguard should detect if Silverlight is installed

LANguard should have logic to determine if Silverlight is installed on a machine before reporting that it is missing a Silverlight update after a "missing patches" scan. I scanned several machines that do not have Silverlight installed. GFI LANguard reported that these machines were missing Silverlight updates. This is a false positive. The security personnel running the scan operation should not have to validate which machines have Silverlight and which ones do not. Then the security personnel must manually check the box in LANguard to "ignore" this finding. GFI Tech Support said this is currently the only workaround. However, if…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Change the hardcoded retention policy for incomplete and stopped scans.

Please change the hardcoded retention policy that is deleting all incomplete and stopped scans after two days.

It would be nice to be able to decide for my self if incomplete or stopped scan results are trash or not.

I am experiencing often that I am losing alot of important data because of this policy.

Please fix this so we are able to chose for our self :)

Thanks
    Kent

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  LanGuard 12  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Computer Exclusion Option

We experienced a pretty big issue this morning that I am guessing is due to the newest update for LANguard. We have LANguard setup to not auto discover computers on the domain to avoid domain controllers and other servers from being added. We have auto remediation set up and today our company's main SQL databse went down when LANguard triggered an update on our domain controller. After it came back up I checked and auto discovery was turned back on and our servers had been added and were being remediated. As I am sure you know, it is not a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Computer deletion

We have a lot of old Computers after an import from the AD, so there is an idea to simplify the deletion of older Computer/Devices that only existing in AD.

An addintional filter: Agent - Deploymenterror, in this result with computers, you can choose to delete them

or

After 3 to 6 months or 200..2000 tries of installation of the Agent the System will automatically deleted (the next sync with the AD it will bring back the Device, if this was not deleted in the AD, so it is not "lost")

or

In the dashboard at the choise of the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Software deloyment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to split the copy and installation of patches

It would be great if there was a way to split the deployment of patches between the copy stage and the install stage.

So for example I could copy the patches to my servers and then actually install them later. This would help stick to change control windows especially when some servers are remote.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support for Symantec Endpoint Protection 14

When will Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 be added as Antivirus? It was released recently and LANguard doesn't recognize it as valite AV.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Vulnerability Assesment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to audit changes made to the Languard Configuration

This gives the ability to generate a report detailing the changes made for auditors to verify scan rules are not switched off.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. LanGuard support for patching Amazon Linux

Please would you add the capability for LanGuard to able to scan and patch the Amazon Linux OS.

This feature would be useful for companies moving their workloads to the AWS platform.

https://aws.amazon.com/amazon-linux-ami/

https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?threadID=146805

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base