GFI LanGuard

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Configurable interval between instance and central management

It's not fully transparent when the instance will push the information/results/settings to the central management server. It seems only if new scan results are available -> settings, last sync date, results will be pushed to the management server.

A configurable interval or something like a heartbeat would be great, because if customer look at their instance (especially on evaluation) and see that 20 - 30 minutes nothing was sync, while they have done some changes e.g. on the location/GPS coordinates, it looks as the connection between the instance and the central management server is not working.

A heartbeat, would give…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  LanGuard 12  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display current Acknowledge / Ignore status for vulnerabilities.

i.e. on the "Details " panel of each Vulnerability, above "Type" add "Ignored for Entire Network Forever" or "Acknowledged for this device until May 13, 2012" or blank if it is something which hasn't been dealt wit already. It is silly to have to look it up in the Rules Manager to make sure that I've handled it. Even better than this would be to color code each one in the Vulnerability List panel - uncolored for not dealt with; gray for Ignored, blue for Acknowledged. Give me an at-a-glance status for all vulnerabilities for each device.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Apply Patches at when user logs off

Most of the workstations that I manage can be setup to reboot after patches are applied. However, my Jail and other Emergency Service departments are active 24/7. I really need the option to apply patches when the user logs off at the end of a shift.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Feature: Adding site information and add grouping possibilities

If we use multiple sites I want to see the sites in the reports and would know in which site the device appears. Especially in larger organization, to reach out to the responsible teams, it's an essential information where the device/node or specific vulnerability appears.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Missing Patches Report - List All Computers

I would like a way to be able to have a report that shows all of the PCs in a domain or grouping and have them listed on a Missing Patches Report, regardless of whether they are missing them or not. This way we could report on a group as a whole and forward that to department heads.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. No more NTLM authentication

Some environments need the ability to shut off NTLM authentication. Kerberose or other authentication capabilities need to be available. Per GFI support: "Unfortunately there is no way or method to make languard not use NTLM. Languard was designed to use this and this can not be changed"

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Vulnerability Ignore / Acknowledge Description Selection

Can you please add feature to group or CTRL+select, or highlight multiple in Vulnerability Ignore / Acknowledge? I would like to beable to select multiple choices at once to Ignore / Acknowledge .

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Multiple Scans from Agent

I would like the ability to set up multiple scans, at different intervals, with different remediation options from the Agent Status. With Windows updates being cumulative sometimes, a single scan during our outage window does not accomplish what we need.

I would like to set the following schedule ALL from the agent (not by having to create staggered scheduled scans from Configuration -> Scheduled Scans)
    - A scan at 12:00PM on Saturday, with auto remediation, set to not reboot until 9:00PM on Saturday
    - A supplementary scan that kicks off at 9:30PM on Saturday, with auto remediation, which reboots immediately…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. No Desktop Shortcuts with patches

By default set the command line parameters to not install any desktop shortcut icons when deploying a patch. For example, Quicktime, PDFCreator, etc. installs desktop icons for all users when a patch is deployed and standard users can't delete these shortcuts and it's quite frustrating for them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Agentless Scanning using Relay Agents

Since Relay Agents are basically Console-less Languard Servers, and since a lot of people dislike dealing with and managing Agents regardless the Software Vendor not to mention they are probably Tech Supports #1 headache. I would like to see Relay Agents be able to Agentlessly scan their associated LAN, when done, report it back to the Main Languard Server. Possibly removing the need for so many Agents and Tech Supports Time Consumer.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. More Support for Linux

- More support for Linux - agent mode
    - Remote ssh login or VNC

- Certificate Scanning capability

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Feature: Share reports via e-mail or other services

It's great to create consolidated/centralized reports through the WebUI. But it would be much greater that the on demand generated reports can be directly shared via E-Mail.

At the moment you need to do the following:

- Create a report
    - Click on Export and save it to disk
    - Because the browser will display the pdf directly, you need to click on save to disk again
    - Take the saved/downloaded report and put it in an email

For such a simple process 4 - 5 steps are very much. In the classical console, you can directly click on email…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Relay Agent/Server to Install Local Agents

To reduce Traffic/Bandwidth Consumption on slow networks. Instead of LanGuard Agents being installed from the main LanGuard Server consuming WAN Bandwidth.Allow installed Relay Agents to locally install\push normal LanGuard Agents to computers using it as a relay server since they are typically on the same LAN anyways.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. GFI Languard

Hi

Here is my improvement, if you could forward it on to the right people please:

My improvement would be to put the most commonly logged in username next to the PC name. This would make it easier to identify which PC belongs to which user. I know when Languard scans a PC, it records have many times different users have logged in, so the data is available.

At the moment the PCs on the left hand side look like this:

PC01
    PC02
    PC03

It would be good if it could look like this:

PC01 - Fred Bloggs
    PC02 -…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Load Balance Relay Servers Assigned by Location

Rather than forcing a sysadmin to manually assign relay agents to machines - which is the only way to meet the <=100 machine per server requirement - build a Relay Server load balancer into the main server.

Example:

Allow each machine to know that its location (NYC, for example) has more than one relay assigned to that location (NYCRELAY1 and NYCRELAY2 and NYCRELAY3, for example). Have each machine check in the list alphabetically from top to bottom, and each relay should only allow 100 connections. When they hit the max, have the workstation check the next server in the list,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Better scheduling based on Patch Tuesday

It would be great if there were better options for scheduling scans/remediation, specifically based around Patch Tuesday. For example, we have a test group of workstations and servers. They get the first wave of patches and test them for a few days. Then we roll out patches to the rest of our enterprise. Unfortunately we can't schedule this to happen on the X day of every month because it varies slightly in certain months. This creates a lot of work and rescheduling. Possibly a solution would be the ability to use Patch Tuesday as an anchor point, then schedule subsequent…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  LanGuard 12  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Need to have feature to create reports using sql queries

OperatingSystem | Hostname IP | Status | BulletinID | DatePosted | Title | Severity | EndDateTime | logged on user

Need to have report in above format which is currently unavailable.

So our recommendation is to provide sql like GUI where user can select the choice of columns he wants to have in reports and generate reports of his choice, you can refer to the Landesk product where they provide queries for users to create different reports based on options they have in their database, and it is included in the GUI hence a person who does not know SQL…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Agent install options

LANguard agent has limitations that it always installs in certain paths and uses certain other paths to download the patches to. It would be nice if we can influence this (either in the interface, or in a accomanying MST/MSI-script).
    Installpath, downloadpath and temp-path is nice to influence in this case.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  3rd Party  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. GFI Languard - Group by IP

Please provide the ability within the GFI Languard console to group by IP without using filters. The filters let you narrow down the machines but it will not let you apply settings based on IP. We need this for our setup and would benefit greatly from this simple feature which could be done in a small patch/hotfix.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base