GFI MailEssentials

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Attachement Filtering with Whitelist options

I have a few scenario's when I have Mailesentials to block zip files via the content filtering (attachement) option to avoid viruses and 0 day threats from entering the system. (more reliable than a/v scanning) On some occasions there may be emails with valid zip files attached that get quarantined due to this policy, this would have to be manually released and checked on occasions. With enabling the whitelist feature this has no impact on this filtering option. I would like to see a whitelist function feature for content filtering to enable a email/domain or IP to be trusted with…

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks all for your feedback

I would like to ask some questions regarding the usage of Attachment filtering.

- Do you have Notify Local Recipient enabled? This way intended recipients are notified?
    - Do you have Notify Local Administrator enabled? This way the administrator can receive an email and easily approve?
    - Are such exclusions intended for specific recipients or external recipients? Eg you can already exclude internal recipients from rules.
    - What type of attachments are these? Zip Files? Office Files? PDF files?

2. Content Filtering AFTER Spam Filtering, not before! or OPTION

Content Filtering is currently processed BEFORE Spam Filtering. However since the new way of malware is included in .zip files, I have decided to BLOCK .zip, .7z files. Since this is possibly a legit form of sending emails that our vendors do use, I have a user notification of the quarantine so they can email me if needed to release it. I would 'not' want an end user access to the quarantine to release as someone else noted.. I just don't trust the end user to make that judgement call, as too many people decide to click these malware emails…

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. whitelist for advanced content filtering

I was excited to see that I could now filter emails for specific things in the headers by creating a rule in advanced content filtering. I used this quite a bit back when I used Vipre Email Security. But I discovered a problem with there being no whitelist for it. I read in the manual that the advanced content filtering doesn't take the whitelist into account and it does not have its own. I would really like that feature added for it.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support for DKIM

MailEssentials should identify emails containing DKIM and validate emails containing DKIM Signatures

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Filter Exchange 2013 health messages

Exchange 2013 sends health messages, proxy probes etc. internally every few minutes, to check MTA health and so on (see http://www.msexchange.org/kbase/ExchangeServerTips/ExchangeServer2013/monitoring/exchange-2013-e-mail-traffic-inboundproxyinboundproxycom-and-healthmailbox.html for more info about these). At the moment, these messages are visible in the GFI ME logs. I'd like these messages not to be touched by GFI ME at all or at least not visible...

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "whitelist and approve" directly in the quarantine email preview

It will be great if you can add the "whitelist and approve" button directly in the
    "quarantined email preview". it will be more easy, instead of going to the /SpamQuarantine/ managment page.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Turn off filtering for mailbox

An ability to turn off filtering for certain mailboxes. Some people have mailboxes that they don't need filtering for and shouldn't have to pay for licenses for them.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Greylisting

I've had numerous legitimate emails greylisted for more than 24 hours because, apparently, the sending domain is resending from different email servers. I've seen this with gmail numerous times. A 24+ hour delay is too long and has forced me to bypass the greylist filtering for all popular email domains (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, mac.com). I would ask that:
    1. Greylisting be modified to look at the domain name rather than the ip address of the email server
    2. If that's not possible then this behavior should be explicitly detailed in GFI documentation and a list of email domains should be…

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Block Zip Files Less Than 500Kb

In GFI Mail Essentials could we have the option to block Zip files less than 500Kb? The reason being that we find all zip files containing viruses are under 500Kb and any Zip over this size is most likely to be genuine.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add whitelisting options for decompression engine

I've got a client that gets a monthly bank email with a password protected zip file but the Check password protected archives option in the decompression engine does not have whitelisting options so each month i have to manually remove this from the quarantine.
    Please add whitelisting options for decompression engine

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. BitDefender Macro Checking White List

It would be helpful to have a white list for some domains that can send and receive attachements containing macros if "BitDefender">"Macro Checking" is set to "Block all documents containing macros"

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Whitelist for content filtering

A whitelist for content filtering module since at the moment we cannot whitelist or exclude any email addresses or domains

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Quarantine search: Add support for wildcards

Quarantine search: Add support for wildcards

Problem:

Need to find and approve all quarantined email from a valid domain. Wildcard search is not supported in the MailEssentials Quarantine Recipient/Sender searches.

Suggestion:

Add wildcard search in the MailEssentials Quarantine Recipient/Sender searches.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Originating IP Address Visibility

We need to be able to see the originating IP address for all malware-containing email. Currently, the originating IP address is completely unavailable.

This is a security software product, and yet the the most basic item of an email, the originating IP address, is not available, at all, anywhere! How do you expect accurate forensics to be conducted? How can we trace down where malware actually came from? Domain names can be easily spoofed. IP addresses are much more difficult to spoof.

This should have been built in since day one!

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support RFC Spec (Nested) SPF Records

Mailessentials can not handle multi-line Multiple TXT records for SPF validation. This make large mail organization fail SPF checks even though they are following SPEC:
    on-authoritative answer:
    cust-spf.exacttarget.com text =
    "v=spf1 ip4:64.132.92.0/24 ip4:64.132.88.0/23 ip4:66.231.80.0/20 ip4:68.232.192.0/20 ip4:199.122.120.0/21 ip4:207.67.38.0/24 "
    "ip4:207.67.98.192/27 ip4:207.250.68.0/24 ip4:209.43.22.0/28 ip4:198.245.80.0/20 ip4:136.147.128.0/20 ip4:136.147.176.0/20 ip4:13.111.0.0/24 -all" <--Line is ignored.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add to Blocklist from Quarantine

Add a button to the quarantine to add the email address to the blocklist (similar to add to the whitelist button)

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Quarantine Search Results Sorting

Allow sorting of the the Quarantine Search Results. For example, if search by recipient then sort by sender to allow grouping and bulk actions.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Antispoofing does not work when spoofing MIME address

We have received several very hard to spot spoofed addresses that get through the Antispoofing filter but show up in Outlook as a local account because the MIME information is using the internal domain. Antispoofing should be looking at not just the SMTP headers but also any MIME information and have the ability to block/mark/etc any emails with a spoofed domain in the MIME From information.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. MailEssentials Spamtag

Remove [SPAM] from subject once a user has clicked on "Not Spam".

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Administrator email

I need by the email notification 2 separate fields
    To and From
    I like to send mails to an address other than that from which it comes.
    Example: From XYZ@customer.com to support@mycompany.com

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base