GFI MailEssentials

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow to stop processing of other rules in attachment filtering

I have two rules.
    First blocks xxx*.exe files without notification.
    Second blocks *.exe files with notification.
    Now when some xxx*.exe file comes, GFI delivers me one notification delivered with two info about two rules, but in this case i do not want to be notified.
    I would like to add "stop processing of other rules" setting, which would allow to stop processing of other rules when certain rule is positively evaluated and action is taken.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Anti Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mails from nonexisting domain users

A lot of SPAM looks as from "NonexistigAddres@MyDomain". Idea: Add rule for filtering mails from such senders. (Similar like Directory Harvesting for nonexisting recipients.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Turn of Greylist for certain users.

I have several users who do not like the greylist feature and would like to turn it off. It delays their emails too long. However, most users love the feature and want to keep it on. I would like to have the ability to turn this filter on/off for each user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. SPF Block Soft FAIL result for certain domains only

It would be great to have the ability to block SPF soft fail results for certain domains only. We receive a lot of spam with SPF soft fails from a free mail provider. However, we don't want to enable it globally, since it leads to numerous false positives in our case.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Chinese Spam

We receive a lot of spam with chinese characters. However, they are all UTF-8 encoded, therefore the header check of the character set doesn't work. Maybe you could add a detection method which tries to guess the language based on the UTF-8 characters? E.g if the mail contains at least 1 chinese character, classify it as Chinese.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

In GFI MailEssentials we have a Language Detection filter which is already able to do this mentioned functionality. It works by actually detecting the language and has support for both Traditional and Chinese languages. The functionality you mention as part of the Header checking is quite obsolete now and we suggest to use the new filter.

http://manuals.gfi.com/en/mailessentials/content/administrator/anti-spam/anti-spam_filters/language_detection.htm

This was released as part of the 2014 version
    https://www.gfi.com/company/press/2014/07/gfi-software-enhances-gfi-mailessentials-with-new-antivirus-engine-and-antispam-capabilities

Regards
    Ian

6. Content Filtering fails on check for amount of files in archives

Why do technicians ask users to give feedback for bug reports; shouldn't this be handled by the technician? Nonetheless, GFI ME Version 20.1 Build 20160420 has a bug where a SINGLE large PPTX file compressed into a ZIP file fails the decompression engine stating that ZIP file "exceeded maximum number of files allowed" even though the threshold was set to 2000. This is a bug report. Please fix your software! Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Anti Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Single detailed PDF report for all quarantined (or blocked) emails for all users

We looking for a single PDF report that contains every single email that was either blocked or quarantined. PDF to be emailed on a schedule to one ore more email accounts.

Currently I can create a custom report that can be emailed each day, but the options are only "Emails Blocked" which is Ok, but the report only shows me a high 10,000 ft level of the # of emails. I would like to drill down to ground roots and get a list of each and every email that was blocked for each and every single email account.

Currently we…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Anti Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base