GFI MailEssentials

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Greylisting

I've had numerous legitimate emails greylisted for more than 24 hours because, apparently, the sending domain is resending from different email servers. I've seen this with gmail numerous times. A 24+ hour delay is too long and has forced me to bypass the greylist filtering for all popular email domains (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, mac.com). I would ask that:
    1. Greylisting be modified to look at the domain name rather than the ip address of the email server
    2. If that's not possible then this behavior should be explicitly detailed in GFI documentation and a list of email domains should be…

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting Feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sort email recipients in quarantine

I would like to sort recipients by name when i am looking at the Quarantine emails. I have cost to 800 emails when i go though them each morning. it would be nice to sort them by name.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Quarantine Sort

We need to have a sort function in the quarantine view for Mailessentials.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Quarantine management

I suggest you... Improve the display of quarantined mails to allow sorting and/or grouping by mail address, domain, subject. Also to remember popular searches.
    Further, after "whitelist and approve" don't return to the top of the list.
    Further, when selecting multiple mails, allow a preview of each, and a whitelist option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Sort by Functionality in SPAM Quarantine

A lot of SPAM email are sent by the same address or have the same subject. It would save a lot of time if we could sort by different filed in SPAM quarantine the same as we do in the Malware and Content page.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Customized WebGUI / Language / quarantined message

I have thought that our customers would like to have the WebGUI in their native language. And it would be nice to add company name and logo to the webgui. And also have the possibility to change the message that is sent to users when an e-mail is quarantined.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Tag and Append block reason availble with Quarantine action

Make available the "Tag the email with specific text" and "Append block reason to email subject" options when Quarantine action is selected.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Quarantine

Can we please have the Quarantine columns "sizeable"?

Since the sender, recipient, subject fields might be very long (we're dealing with spams here), could we please either autofit or truncate the field?

When mouse-over the field, then display the entire field.

These will make the GUI much friendlier and useable.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Whitelist for decompression engine

We want to be able to send emails with password protected archives and block just incoming emails containing password protected archives.
    We need to send daily emails with password protected archives.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Check duplicate email sent to numerous users 1 at a time

I see so often the same user same subject sending emails to different (valid) users right in a row. The logs look like

Sender: ISpam@xyz.com Recipient: BobSmith@mycompany.com Subject: URGENT!!!

Sender: ISpam@xyz.com Recipient: LarryTom@mycompany.com Subject: URGENT!!!

Sender: ISpam@xyz.com Recipient: BrianSoft@mycompany.com Subject: URGENT!!!

Sender: ISpam@xyz.com Recipient: KellySmith@mycompany.com Subject: URGENT!!!

Sender: ISpam@xyx.com Recipient: ChrisJoe@mycompany.com Subject: URGENT!!!

It's blatantly spam, and I see it constantly. It would be nice if I could say, if I receive X emails from the same person, same subject, sent to different people within Y minutes delete them all. This can even work with the greylist feature, if it…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Whitelist for content filtering

A whitelist for content filtering module since at the moment we cannot whitelist or exclude any email addresses or domains

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add whitelisting options for decompression engine

I've got a client that gets a monthly bank email with a password protected zip file but the Check password protected archives option in the decompression engine does not have whitelisting options so each month i have to manually remove this from the quarantine.
    Please add whitelisting options for decompression engine

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Block Zip Files Less Than 500Kb

In GFI Mail Essentials could we have the option to block Zip files less than 500Kb? The reason being that we find all zip files containing viruses are under 500Kb and any Zip over this size is most likely to be genuine.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. whitelist for advanced content filtering

I was excited to see that I could now filter emails for specific things in the headers by creating a rule in advanced content filtering. I used this quite a bit back when I used Vipre Email Security. But I discovered a problem with there being no whitelist for it. I read in the manual that the advanced content filtering doesn't take the whitelist into account and it does not have its own. I would really like that feature added for it.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Content Filtering AFTER Spam Filtering, not before! or OPTION

Content Filtering is currently processed BEFORE Spam Filtering. However since the new way of malware is included in .zip files, I have decided to BLOCK .zip, .7z files. Since this is possibly a legit form of sending emails that our vendors do use, I have a user notification of the quarantine so they can email me if needed to release it. I would 'not' want an end user access to the quarantine to release as someone else noted.. I just don't trust the end user to make that judgement call, as too many people decide to click these malware emails…

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Attachement Filtering with Whitelist options

I have a few scenario's when I have Mailesentials to block zip files via the content filtering (attachement) option to avoid viruses and 0 day threats from entering the system. (more reliable than a/v scanning) On some occasions there may be emails with valid zip files attached that get quarantined due to this policy, this would have to be manually released and checked on occasions. With enabling the whitelist feature this has no impact on this filtering option. I would like to see a whitelist function feature for content filtering to enable a email/domain or IP to be trusted with…

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks all for your feedback

I would like to ask some questions regarding the usage of Attachment filtering.

- Do you have Notify Local Recipient enabled? This way intended recipients are notified?
    - Do you have Notify Local Administrator enabled? This way the administrator can receive an email and easily approve?
    - Are such exclusions intended for specific recipients or external recipients? Eg you can already exclude internal recipients from rules.
    - What type of attachments are these? Zip Files? Office Files? PDF files?

17. Administrator email

I need by the email notification 2 separate fields
    To and From
    I like to send mails to an address other than that from which it comes.
    Example: From XYZ@customer.com to support@mycompany.com

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Originating IP Address Visibility

We need to be able to see the originating IP address for all malware-containing email. Currently, the originating IP address is completely unavailable.

This is a security software product, and yet the the most basic item of an email, the originating IP address, is not available, at all, anywhere! How do you expect accurate forensics to be conducted? How can we trace down where malware actually came from? Domain names can be easily spoofed. IP addresses are much more difficult to spoof.

This should have been built in since day one!

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Blocking file attachments with foriegn characters

I would like to block messages which have chinese fonts in the file attachments.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Stop mail flow on upgrade

Provide the option to stop mail flow when performing an upgrade to MailEssentials. During the upgrade, MailEssentials is un-installed, therefore spam emails will go through unscanned until the product is upgraded.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base