GFI MailEssentials

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When running multiple ME servers - email notifications

My company will be running approximately 5 incoming SMTP/Exchange servers running Mail Essentials. When I generate custom reports that get e-mailed, or even with normal quarantine notification messages - its impossible to tell which server the report/notification is coming from. They all use the same subject, same sender (the administrator e-mail), etc. It would be nice to have the ability to add some type of identifier so that we know which server the messages are coming from.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Quarantine self-service UI in gateway mode

We use ME in gateway mode, on a separate server in DMZ, not joined to the internal domain.
    We would like to get rid of the daily task of checking quarantine for false positives and shift that workload to the user, giving him a simple to use interface he can open when needed. Quarantine digest reporting just doesn't cut it, while moving spam to users mailbox subfolders is just not safe (users WILL click that malicous link, they need a threshold to protect them).

This (self-service personal quarantine page) should be fairly easy to implement: ME already has a suitable…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. MailEssentials Licensing Flexibility

It would be really nice if MailEssentials had a 5% or 10% margin on mailbox count before it shut itself down. I have several customers that have high turnover rates or mailboxes that are suspended for a period of 30-90 days before they are deleted. Forcing exact counts means the customer must constantly be relicensing or paying for extra licenses that they do not use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Daily Digest: Sort by Spam Score

When scrolling my digest, I got to the bottom and there was a line that read "below this line is egregious SPAM"

I thought - that's great - they are sorting this thing by some type of spam score, so I really only need to look carefully at the top of my digest each day.

I just now realized that the sorting is by date. I'm assuming that since there is a SPAM sensitivity setting, there hast to be some sort of SPAM score that a message receives. Wouldn't it be nice if the daily digest was sorted to where…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Whitelist for Malware

We need to be able to Whitelist internal addresses so they don't get stuck in the Malware Quarantine. We have some security and management alerting systems that have email stuck in them that we need to see right away

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

The nature of malware does not allow us to whitelist this. If not used carefully, the results could be a breach in security, which is against the nature of our solution. The safest way to go around this, is still to use the Quarantine options, but nothing else.

Thank you for your interest in our products.

With kind regards,
    GFI Software

6. Advanced Domani Server Configuration in MEO

I defined three server for my domain,
    but some mail accounts should be directed to one specific server to use decryption, other accounts must use the other two servers.
    The problem is that all accounts are on the same domain, and this configuration is not available in MEO.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. GFi Mail Essentials On-Line

GFI needs to work on the ME On-Line version so it has all the features of ME On-Premise version.

Inbound Filtering:
    Need to accept whitelist entries in the format *@*.domain.com. Right now, no asterisks after the @ is accepted.
    case GFI-130615-111753

Outbound Filtering:
    Need to be able to exclude specific senders from outbound filtering.
    Case# GFI-130615-111750

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Subject field to ase_action.gfi_log.txt

I regularly review the debug log "ase_action.gfi_log.txt" I import it into Excel and filter it by action and module. In particular I look for whitelisted domains. It would be very helpful if this log could also contain a field for the message Subject, as this would make it very easy to spot miscategorized emails.

FYI, here is my import procedure:

1. Save a copy of ase_action.gfi_log.txt.
    2. Import text file into Excel as delimited by comma and save as xlsx.
    3. You should have columns A:I with headers in Row 1. Row 2 will be empty; delete it. Freeze the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Debuglogs are for GFI internal use only. They are subject to change without notice. Debuglogs enabled impact heavily on email processing speeds.

Thank you for your interest in our products.

With kind regards,
    GFI Software

9. Email Signing

Please add a E-mail sign banner to incoming and outgoing emails that says the transmission was scanned by Vipre. This adds an assurance to both parties that the transmission was indeed virus checked and can be presumed as clean. It also adds to the "knowledge" that the product is indeed working properly since there is no visible evidence that mail is being properly "reviewed" by Vipre upon receipt and transmission. Frankly it does not give one a warm fuzzy feeling not seeing a "Scanned by banner"

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow admin to approve items quarantined by vsapi

Running the VSAPI background check seems like a nice idea at first, until it quarantines items it shouldn't, and there is no option for an admin to un-quarantine them.

We ran the background check and it quarantined important historical legal emails because they had attachments containing b2b macros that we expected to find, but which the macro checker on one of the AV engines apparently objected to.

We had previously run the background checker without an issue, but on this pass computer said NO to these items.

Now, having quarantined them via the VSAPI background checker, ME provides no option…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. All Products

Provide a consistent UI across the entire product range that allows all products to be integrated in one MMC and/or web portal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. MailEssentials User Licensing

I should be able to prevent certain e-mail addresses from being picked up in SMTP mode. I have several e-mail addresses being added that are used solely for alerting purposes and they are being counted towards my User licensing. This is ridiculous.

There should be a lock button on user list or the ability to ignore certain email addresses.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi

The reason is that SMTP mode is a feature only to be used mainly in smaller organisations, it’s functionality has been superseded with GFI Directory or Remote Active Directory.

The filtering functionality is also limited in SMTP mode since your rules cannot take into account users for example. Similarly Quarantine access functionality is also limited.

GFI MailEssentials can only filter emails for an entire domain which are set up in the configuration under localdomains.

Regards
    Ian

13. Trojan Emails

Would it be possible to include the option to delete Trojan emails in stead of just placing them into quarantine. As a business we have started to receive a lot of these types of Email and it just adds to the Administration of GFI.

Cheers
    Jon

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

If really needed, it is possible to create a special folder with auto purge enabled which matches the trojan and exe.

Thank you for your interest in our products

With kind regards,
    GFI Software

14. Action Tab grayed out

The idea is to have a notification on why the Action Tab is grayed out, to explain that this is restricted because the filter is set to SMTP mode

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base