How can we improve?

Prevent automatic pickup of licenses

MailEssentials in SMTP mode picks up the number of users automatically following sending of emails.
In an set up where a server hosts multiple organisations and you want to protect only one of them, the MailEssentials product lacks because of this issue.
Although in the sales videos GFI recommends you to install GFI in SMTP mode to overcome the directory mode licensing in AD mode, the issue in SMTP mode is not really resolved because there is no way how you can block MailEssentials in continuing to add users automatically.
The worst thing is that it will stop relaying emails after a month of warnings, which is not so nice!

1 vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Michael Mifsud shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Michael Mifsud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to give the user control the facility to pick which users need to be protected, at least in SMTP mode, because otherwise the product cannot be really used on a server where GFI need be used to protect only some users and not others.

• Michael Mifsud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I haven't been told about this in my support tickets. I had the installation in this mode before but it was even worse because the system took all the users in Active Directory as licensed users.
    Is there a way how I can select particular users to be protected and others are discarded from licensing?

Feedback and Knowledge Base