How can we improve?

Whitelist for content filtering

A whitelist for content filtering module since at the moment we cannot whitelist or exclude any email addresses or domains

7 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Fergeal CutajarFergeal Cutajar shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Roger  OliverRoger Oliver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also block attachments by several extensions and would like the option to whitelist on content filtering or at least exclude senders from a specific rule.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2014-07-16]
    I don't understand why the content policy module was released without the option to allow the whitelist to bypass it! Surely the content policies, as with the anti-spam filters, should always allow messages from the whitelist. What's the point in having a whitelist for content policy to just to quarantine messages anyway?

[Comment date: 2015-01-30]
    I also do not understand the logic behind not having the white-list over-ride the content filters. Sure the AV side I get, its obvious. But the white list should be just that... a white-list and should only be superseded by the AV side. This one shortcoming has caused me enough grief from the C and E levels in our organization that I am considering moving away from your product. please use your heads and at least let ME the mail administrator decide on this in the filter priority settings.

[Comment date: 2015-03-25]
    Another vote for this. With Cryptolocker being such a large threat I'm leveraging GFI to block all .zip attachments. However we have a few vendors that still send us documents that have been zipped. Please add this in a future release. Thank you!

Feedback and Knowledge Base