How can we improve?

Ignore certain receive connectors

It would be nice if I could configure GFI MailEssentials 2012 to ignore smtp traffic on certain Receive Connectors in Exchange 2010. I have a receive connector configured in Exchange 2010 that server connect to for notification purposes. (environmental monitoring, Alerts, etc...) I already have a list of IP addresses in Exchange that allowed to send via this connector. If I want to use Anti-spoofing in GFI MailEssentials 2012, I need to add this same list of addresses to the Anti-spoofing screen, and the IP whitelist. Tedious to implement and maintain.

1 vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Scott MuehleisenScott Muehleisen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Carlos  Renato Monteiro dos SantosCarlos Renato Monteiro dos Santos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the middle of 2017 and no response.
    This functionality would be particularly useful to me at that time as I am in a hybrid environment with 365, and I can not put the migrated users on the white list, because the software says it is a local address, but it constantly blocks as SPAM, coming from An external connector.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2013-07-30]
    For MailEssentials to be an effective and useful product, we NEED the ability to disable antispam scanning entirely or, preferably, disable specific antispam filters on selected receive connectors.

In my case, my users use IMAP and SMTP on their home computers and on their phones. The problem is that MailEssentials doesn't see a difference between port 25 SMTP traffic sent from sending mail servers and SMTP traffic on other ports (587, etc) sent from authenticated clients. This means that all mail sent by my users to other users at our domain (through SMTP) is flagged as SPF spam.

GFI support recommended that I add the users' IP addresses to the IP whitelist, but that is literally impossible. There is no what to predict what a user's IP address will be when they send a message from their phone. And, quite frankly, I cannot, nor would I be willing to, add every wireless carrier's network block to the IP whitelist. That's insane.

If we cannot disable antispam scanning on selected receive carriers, then we have to turn SPF off, making it absolutely useless. Either that, or we accept that all mail sent by our users to our users through SMTP will end up in the spam folder.

In Exchange 2000/2003, MailEssentials could only bind to one virtual SMTP server, so we created a second virtual SMTP server on port 587 for our authenticated clients to use, and it worked great.

In Exchange 2010 (I assume 2007 and 2013 as well), there is no way to prevent MailEssentials from scanning selected receive connectors, making it a much less useful and efficient product.

Feedback and Knowledge Base