How can we improve?

whitelist for advanced content filtering

I was excited to see that I could now filter emails for specific things in the headers by creating a rule in advanced content filtering. I used this quite a bit back when I used Vipre Email Security. But I discovered a problem with there being no whitelist for it. I read in the manual that the advanced content filtering doesn't take the whitelist into account and it does not have its own. I would really like that feature added for it.

12 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jenn  PritchardJenn Pritchard shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Falko  BensonFalko Benson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also need whitelist for advanced contect filtering because Microsoft Exchange journaling mails for mail archive <> GFI Archiver are filtered. The journaling transport-agent can't be configured with higher priority as by design of Microsoft.
    Maybe a hidden option for whitelisting one mailbox via manually editing the configuration file would prevent this option to being a security leak by careless administration.

• Ralf  WiedemerRalf Wiedemer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are a concern with several installation and we are using the Attachment-Content-Filter to block the "locky"-Trojan and stuff like this.
    We have some customers sending us delivery schedules (and others) where the sender´s E-Mail-adress is always the same. Those e-mails shouldnt get blocked, since we produce a lot of work for about 400 accounts and maybe 50-100 of this e-mails every day, that are getting blocked and where the User is sending us the message and we (IT) are approving it... Either putting those adress or the whole Domain to the Whtelist should help or Adding it to the "Users" inside the Attachment-Content-Filter should be possible.
    You can create a Checkbox there stating: "If you click this box you agree to have understand that you whitelist a external adress and GFI will not be responsable if a Trojan is reaching your Network through a Sender being on that whitelist..."
    So GFI has no Problem with and the customer can decide on its own to use it or not...
    This would help a lot an decrease internal Support-time of Minimum 1 Person 1/2 day (in our Situation).

• Steve EmersonSteve Emerson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a Reseller and a Systems Integrator being able to Whitelist attachments from known sources is very important, we have clients that need to be able to get updaters and scrips from suppliers and service providers. it is vital that these be delivered in a timely manner and without our intervention in many cases.

This will influence our decision to supply this product in the future.

Regards,
    Broadtech Computers

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2012-09-20]
    We have a customer who sends us .EMZ files, which GFI keeps tripping up on. This customer turns over around £500,000 a year with us, we want them happy. It's common sense for this filter to use the White List.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2015-01-30]
    we the customers have been trying to get GFI implement the whitelist in a manner that allows it to ( based on filter priority ) supersede every other filter with the exception of the AV filter for awhile. is GFI listening

Feedback and Knowledge Base