How can we improve?

Support for DKIM

MailEssentials should identify emails containing DKIM and validate emails containing DKIM Signatures

12 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Nicholas Sciberras shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Helpdesk SpearIT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have also DKIM, DMARC support on outgoing emails (So every outgoing email is correctly signed, I have no problem adding a dkim record on DNS with public key). If that could be enabled I don't need another third party tool on exchange doing that. And I can let other tools that relay on my GFI server, also use the GFI
    Offcourse also check SPF, DKIM, and the DMARC policy

Will this be a feature in the near future or simply never?

• Romeo S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What I forgot to add in my previous comment: of course the combined SPF and DKIM filtering strategy can only be applied if the sender's mail server actually add a DKIM signature to the outgoing mail...

If I may add to this idea, I think it would be great to deploy a filtering strategy similar to what GMAIL does:
    Combine the SPF and DKIM validation, if both validations fail = definitely spam, if only one of both validations fails = probable spam or misconfigured server on the sender's side (similar to a SPF soft fail).

We have the issue that if we let SPF soft fails go through, too much spam arrives in the end user's inbox. On the other hand, if we treat SPF soft fails as spam, then we have too many false positives, e.g legitimate e-mails which go into the quarantine due to a misconfigured server on the sender's side. Combining the SPF with DKIM would lead to more accurate filtering results.

• Przemyslaw Klys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You're talking about DKIM/DMARK support yet SPF is not fully implemented. I would advise that if this is getting added please fix spf support first.

• AdminIan Bugeja (Director, Product Management, GFI) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi

We are looking at enhancements in supporting better DKIM and other forms of signed email to verify the authenticity of such messages. Such frameworks are there to identify the message authenticity, but can still lead to malicious and spammy emails to be sent. GFI MailEssentials cannot simply let through an email which is signed and authenticated with such forms of authenticity.

As for GFI MailEssentials being updated, yes it is and we plan to have the next version released in January 2017.

GFI MailEssentials spam/malware prevention is not enhanced with new builds but also in the daily updates that are essential to the product functionality as well as the automatic patches introducing minor enhancements and fixes. Such daily updates are there to keep your email stream secure.

+1 for DKIM and DMARC support. Nowadays this is a must for an anti-spam solution. The last major update of GFI Mailessentials dates 6 months back, I am starting to wonder whether this product is still being actively maintained? Our maintenance renewal is coming up in a few months, hopefully we won't have to switch to another solution...

• Vadym Yakubets commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now for DKIM support we must use 3-rd party tools on Exchange or setup linux mail gateway. As AntiSpam solution DKIM *must* be included.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2011-10-19]
    I'm currently struggling to get mail through your spam product to a reseller we deal with because we're using Google Apps. DKIM is enabled for Google Apps and enabling it in your filter would ensure that any legitimate messages from us would be delivered without issue.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2014-07-14]
    When will this option be available? More and more mailservers use this mechanism. It makes mail more reliable.

Feedback and Knowledge Base