GFI Archiver

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Lync Conversation History

The Lync client save the IM messages in a Conversation History folder in Outlook. I would like GFI MailArchiver to also archive these messages like it does for our emails.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. GFI MailArchiver must have good reporting features

There is a need for good reporting in GFI MailArchiver. Aministratod need to know how many emails have been archived per month/year/period.... what is the total size of emails month/year/period.... what type of emails have been archived per month/year/period.... how many emails from which *@domain have been archived per month/year/period.... etc..

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. assign mail according X-Envelope-To: and X-Final-To:

when email in BCC is sent to a distribution group it is archived but never assigned to a particular recipents. Because in its header instead rcptto:
    there are only fields X-Envelope-To: and X-Final-To:
    MARC should also assign emails according to these fields.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pull Calendars directly from Exchange

Have the ability to pull individual calendars for all the users directly from Exchange, not from Outlook. A lot of users nowadays are mobile. Please add this feature to MailArchiver.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Able to cutomise the user UI

Ability to be able to cutomise the banner in the UI. Like showing the company name and logo. Makes for a better user experience and is also makes it friendly and personal.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Disk Space Monitoring and Notification

I would like to suggest that GFI Mail Archiver enable the tracking of disk space utilization per day/month and also email notification in case the volume disk space is running low.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add PST export option to web interface.

This is a no-brainer. When performing a search on the MailArchiver web interface, the results of the search should be exportable to a PST file with a simgle click.

I can create and save a search, so it is easy to search all archives and all mailboxes for a specific search criteria, and obtain the results I am looking for. But no way to export them to PST.

Alternatively, If I use the import/export wizard, I can export to PST, but I can't search "all mailboxes"; and to do so, I have to log onto the Archive server.

This is…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Catigorize Mails at the Import

We often bring in the MailArchiver to Customers that are switching from Tobit to Exchange. Most of the Customers have yearly central storage folders for the Mails. It would be helpfull if we can catigorize Mails at the Pst Import like "Inbox_2009"

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Rention Policy On Folder

It would be nice to set retention policy on folders, just like Exchange Server.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Compliance Features

Every nth email sent and/or any email that contains certain text is sent to the Compliance Officer's email address for review.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Better user count management

implement page where one is able to view all the licensed users so that the admin can clearly pinpoint those unwanted users/mailboxes which are consuming a license. Basically, a more user friendly view of this article: http://www.gfi.com/support/products/gfi-archiver/How-to-view-which-users-are-being-archived-in-GFI-MailArchiver

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Licensing

I ran into a situation where we were one mailbox out of compliance and the whole GFI Mail Archiver stopped archiving mail. I can appreciate that GFI needs to make sure no one steals their product, but going about it this way works against our need to archive due to compliance and backup, and is detrimental to Exchange Server, at least 2003 with the 74 GB limit. Before I started at this company, this went unchecked. There were a number of system and resource mailboxes that were not excluded and busted the licensed user limit. The journal was filling up…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Konfiguration der Archiveinschränkungen: beschreibender Text missverständlich!

Betrifft wahrscheinlich nur die deutsche Ausgabe:

Unter "Verwendung einer Ausschlussliste" steht als Erklärung

"Archivieren Sie das Element für Benutzer in Ihrer Organisation. Benutzer in der Einschränkungsliste können das Element nicht anzeigen."

Dies ist absolut missverständlich und ich bitte um rasche Änderung: Der Satz suggeriert, dass zwar alle Mails aller Benutzer archiviert werden, jedoch die angegebenen Benutzer die Mails nicht anzeigen können. Wie ich leider schmerzhaft feststellen musste, werden die Mails dieser Benutzer aber gar nicht archiviert und können auch nicht von Administratoren angezeigt werden.

Alternativer Vorschlag:

"Archivieren Sie die Elemente für Benutzer in Ihrer Organisation, mit Ausnahme der Benutzer in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. reports

i would like to have a report where i can see user/email size in db

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. GFI Outlook connector Options

Hi

May i suggest an option in the GFI Outlook Connector for mailarchiver to allow the user to specify that emails older than X up to Y show in the archive folder.

This would allow network admins to say, leave 365 days online on exchange and the rest is cached on the connector without having double emails showing in both folders.

Also the 365 day limit should then be removed and set as a the Y specified ( possibly with option infinite.. )

thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Verteilergruppe nicht in gesendete Objekte

Distribution group not in sent items

An e-mail to a distribution group, which also will contain the sender is not archived in sent items. But that is urgently needed, as emails to a group as Department_XY where one is in the rule itself, should be archived because of accountability also (have to).

Eine Mail an eine Verteilergruppe, in der auch der Absender enthalten ist, wird nicht in gesendete Objekte archiviert. Das ist aber dringend notwendig, da Mails an eine Gruppe z.B. Abteilung_XY, in der man sich in der Regel selbst befindet, wegen der Nachvollziehbarkeit auch archiviert werden sollten (müssen).

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. exclude from

Enhance the Exclude From Archiving feature to allow OU or Group based exclusions. Having to add each user to an exclude list is extremely cumbersome. In my environment I have 50 users that need to be archived and 1500 that do not. These users are in separate OUs and groups.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Email retention - time based

According to the KBHow are Retention Policies applied in GFI MailArchiver?:
    Example: If an email received in March 2011 was archived in January 2012 and matches a 30 day retention policy, then GFI MailArchiver would remove the email in 30 days from the date it entered the archive.
    I imported all of our user's mailboxes into MailArchiver before I turned the "time based" retention policy on (default is 7 years). (The committee was still trying to decide what retention period was to be used.)
    I'm sure a lot of customers have done the same thing.
    I would like the developers…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. GFI Mobile App

Please create GFI Mobile App as part of your roadmap.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. archive rules

i would like to have a type of rule that archive messages older then - eg - 1 year in users mailbox

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base