GFI Archiver

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. version

on the About.aspx page, please include the Bitness of the version and build installed. e.g.
    Version: 2015 Build: 20151222 Bitness: 32 bit
    or
    Version: 2015 Build: 20151222 Bitness: 64 bit

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use alerts SMTP email configuration for MailInsights reports

Use the SMTP configuration setup in the Archiver for alerts to send MailInsight items. This way I can use a admin account that does not have an email address assigned to it as the administrative account.

To work around I have to add my non administrative user as a local admin on the archiver server, this departs from the standards in our environment. If I didn't specify a destination email address I could see using the logged on account as the default destination and then issuing the message in the case that account does not have an email address associated…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MailInsights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Konfiguration der Archiveinschränkungen: beschreibender Text missverständlich!

Betrifft wahrscheinlich nur die deutsche Ausgabe:

Unter "Verwendung einer Ausschlussliste" steht als Erklärung

"Archivieren Sie das Element für Benutzer in Ihrer Organisation. Benutzer in der Einschränkungsliste können das Element nicht anzeigen."

Dies ist absolut missverständlich und ich bitte um rasche Änderung: Der Satz suggeriert, dass zwar alle Mails aller Benutzer archiviert werden, jedoch die angegebenen Benutzer die Mails nicht anzeigen können. Wie ich leider schmerzhaft feststellen musste, werden die Mails dieser Benutzer aber gar nicht archiviert und können auch nicht von Administratoren angezeigt werden.

Alternativer Vorschlag:

"Archivieren Sie die Elemente für Benutzer in Ihrer Organisation, mit Ausnahme der Benutzer in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Microsoft Windows Server 2016

When does Archiver 2016 Supports to run under Microsoft Windows Server 2016?

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. GFI Mobile App

Please create GFI Mobile App as part of your roadmap.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Suppress "Backend Database Error" Warning when OS is rebooted

Suppress "Backend Database Error" Warning when OS is rebooted

We reboot the Mail Archiver server weekly and after installing Microsoft Updates, which can often result in an email warning being sent out with the subject "GFI Archiver: Backend Database Error" and the body:

"GFI Archiver failed to archive any emails into the backend database.

The following error message was reported:
    The transaction has aborted.

Regards,
    GFI Archiver

We do want to be notified in all other cases if there should be an issue, but rebooting is not one of them. A workaround is to disable all such warning messages (option…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Portuguese Language option display date/time

The default display language is english and the date goes like this:
    MM/DD/YY

For Portuguese users the date should be:
    DD/MM/YY

Is it possible to add the Portuguese language option in a future release?

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Export tool is painful

I'm using the export tool for a legal discovery request and it's very painful to use. I'm not sure why it was designed the way it is because it makes this process much harder than it needs to be.

The current process is to verify the server connection, then search for a mailbox, then you have to click find and wait 5-10 minutes to see results (don't forget to uncheck the 5,000 limit if you expect a whole mailbox export - even though in the previous step I already told you entire mailbox), then click next and pick a destination…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. managemant pack

SCOM Management Pack for GFI Apps - Archiver, Essentials etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Special full access permissions for archive stores

Allow to select certain archive stores where a user can have full permission to, without having full permission to all archive stores. This would come in handy when old mail is imported into an archive store relevant to a project from a time before GFI Archiver was in use, and you wish to give certain users access to all email in that store (due to all the users emails effectively belonging to "deleted users"), but you don't want those same users to have access to all the normal live archiving emails for all users.
    As a workaround, maybe a list…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Archive Restriction List

We have a long list of email addresses in the archive restriction list. I found it very inconvenient to search for a particular or specific email address that I would like to remove without going through all the list or browse the entire list. There is no reason to archive employee email anymore if they have left the company. Please put a search button or at least alphabetize the list so we can easily remove the email address from the list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. exclude from

Enhance the Exclude From Archiving feature to allow OU or Group based exclusions. Having to add each user to an exclude list is extremely cumbersome. In my environment I have 50 users that need to be archived and 1500 that do not. These users are in separate OUs and groups.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Better user count management

implement page where one is able to view all the licensed users so that the admin can clearly pinpoint those unwanted users/mailboxes which are consuming a license. Basically, a more user friendly view of this article: http://www.gfi.com/support/products/gfi-archiver/How-to-view-which-users-are-being-archived-in-GFI-MailArchiver

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. assign mail according X-Envelope-To: and X-Final-To:

when email in BCC is sent to a distribution group it is archived but never assigned to a particular recipents. Because in its header instead rcptto:
    there are only fields X-Envelope-To: and X-Final-To:
    MARC should also assign emails according to these fields.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Editable reports

It would be really helpful if we could modify the report generation behaviour. At least the software itself could generate the reports to Visio or any other more detailed format. Many of our customers are not satisfied with the image and table length/quality and the domain name shortens with …. There should be every information written in its total length we believe.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The ability to export .EML or .PST's with From-Subject-Date format for filtering purposes

It would be ideal to have the ability to export email messages with specific naming conventions that way users have the ability to filter through the .eml's natively. Im specifically referring to implement the option to choose the naming convention during the exporting process, it would be cool to have a From-Subject-Date option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Host Archiver on Azure with AzureDB

I set up my own test of Archiver on Azure. The idea was to have an Azure VM with Windows 2012 running the frontend and the to use AzureDB as database, rather than installing a SQL server in the VM.

Setting up the VM and installing Archiver was of course no problem. And setting up AzureDB and migrating my on-prem SQL server databases was just as easy. The problem I ran into is that AzureDB (in reality a shared SQL server) uses a slightly different approach to setting up database users and permissions. And because the archive storage wizard in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. GFI Archiver (Calender) is incomplete

Archving calender elements: Elements will only be archived if start date is the same as current date. Archiving calender elements of course should also be ensured that all events are archived. Therefore, the Archiv is incomplete.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. GFI Archiver (Calender) needs MS Outlook

With the current GFI MailArchiver it is possible to archive calendar elements. For this purpose, the installation of the Archive Assistant - both on the server as well as for the client - is necessary. The archiving takes place only where the corresponding MS Outlook ( = client ) is started. With the possibilities of mobile, tablet and Internet ( OWA ), unfortunately, a real limitation .

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. DLP Report - recipient

I would like the DLP Detection report to include the recipient. Currently, the date, sender, subject, and leakage type are shown. Knowing who the recipient was would be helpful when reviewing the report. If I recognize the e-mail address of the recipient I can make a judgment without necessarily having to open the e-mail message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base