GFI Archiver

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Lync Conversation History

The Lync client save the IM messages in a Conversation History folder in Outlook. I would like GFI MailArchiver to also archive these messages like it does for our emails.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Columns in 'Archive Configuration'

In the Archive Configuration page, you have columns for Archive Store Name, Start Date, End Date, Status. However there seems to be 'plenty' of room, especially on wider screens, so i think this should be configurable as well. I would like to also see on this screen the 'Database Name', 'Total Emails', 'Indexed Emails', I know this information is within the 'Summary' button, but i think having the ability to add that to the main dashboard would be nice. Just a thought, nothing major.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. archive rules

i would like to have a type of rule that archive messages older then - eg - 1 year in users mailbox

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Verteilergruppe nicht in gesendete Objekte

Distribution group not in sent items

An e-mail to a distribution group, which also will contain the sender is not archived in sent items. But that is urgently needed, as emails to a group as Department_XY where one is in the rule itself, should be archived because of accountability also (have to).

Eine Mail an eine Verteilergruppe, in der auch der Absender enthalten ist, wird nicht in gesendete Objekte archiviert. Das ist aber dringend notwendig, da Mails an eine Gruppe z.B. Abteilung_XY, in der man sich in der Regel selbst befindet, wegen der Nachvollziehbarkeit auch archiviert werden sollten (müssen).

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. reports

i would like to have a report where i can see user/email size in db

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Compliance Features

Every nth email sent and/or any email that contains certain text is sent to the Compliance Officer's email address for review.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Disk Space Monitoring and Notification

I would like to suggest that GFI Mail Archiver enable the tracking of disk space utilization per day/month and also email notification in case the volume disk space is running low.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. GFI MailArchiver must have good reporting features

There is a need for good reporting in GFI MailArchiver. Aministratod need to know how many emails have been archived per month/year/period.... what is the total size of emails month/year/period.... what type of emails have been archived per month/year/period.... how many emails from which *@domain have been archived per month/year/period.... etc..

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Pull Calendars directly from Exchange

Have the ability to pull individual calendars for all the users directly from Exchange, not from Outlook. A lot of users nowadays are mobile. Please add this feature to MailArchiver.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Catigorize Mails at the Import

We often bring in the MailArchiver to Customers that are switching from Tobit to Exchange. Most of the Customers have yearly central storage folders for the Mails. It would be helpfull if we can catigorize Mails at the Pst Import like "Inbox_2009"

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Categorizaion based on group membership

Allow for categorization of archived emails based on the receipient's membership in an Active Directory or Microsoft Exchange group.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Able to cutomise the user UI

Ability to be able to cutomise the banner in the UI. Like showing the company name and logo. Makes for a better user experience and is also makes it friendly and personal.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Folder Retention Policy

I suggest you...add a folder retention policy. Our company isn't a full compliance company, but we need our emails to be archived, but we don't want to waste space on un-needed emails, such as pizza parties in the lunch room. Right now we can only set up retention policies based on the "subject", "body", "sender", etc. If we could set up a retention policy based by folder, your product would be satisfactory.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. GFI mail archiver retention policies

Having just implemented a mail archiver test/pilot solution for a customer we have noticed that the retention policies for this are not entirely suited to our customers requirements.

The ideal feature we would like to see is different retention policies based on email location within the users mailbox folders, for example anything located in their inbox after a prolonged amount of time would have little or no retention duration. Equally it would also be good to consider having the option of limiting most if not all internal emails to a shorter duration of retention.

Otherwise great product and very easy…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Rention Policy On Folder

It would be nice to set retention policy on folders, just like Exchange Server.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Support MailArchiver being backed up by Veeam B&R

Please add support for MailArchiver to be backed up by Veeam Backup & Replication.

Veeam supports 3rd party VSS writers so I'm not sure why this is an issue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bulk Export/Import all mailboxes to/from individual PST files

Have the capability to do search for each known email address to individual PST files. The naming convention of the PST files should be in the form of alias.pst. We are a cloud-based mail provider and as customers change we would like to export all mail to individual PST files as well as import archive mail from individual PST files. This would allow a "one-touch" process instead of using the import/export tool hundreds of times over for each PST file created.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Outlook Webaccess Support

A little Plugin which adds the conversion and search engine frame from Mailarchiver to Outlook Webaccess.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Import Export Utility Enhancements that are severely needed

1. The GUI is too small to be useful. when we add multiple search terms everything gets all cramped up. I should be able to at least full screen the thing
    2. The information flaw is problematic. This is a very common case scenario for a very common need: the need to collect evidence for an e-discovery job by the Legal Department.

- For a specific date range
    - For a specific set of search criteria
    - Do a search and export the results in folders and save them in DVDs and send them over

The GUI fails in multiple…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add PST export option to web interface.

This is a no-brainer. When performing a search on the MailArchiver web interface, the results of the search should be exportable to a PST file with a simgle click.

I can create and save a search, so it is easy to search all archives and all mailboxes for a specific search criteria, and obtain the results I am looking for. But no way to export them to PST.

Alternatively, If I use the import/export wizard, I can export to PST, but I can't search "all mailboxes"; and to do so, I have to log onto the Archive server.

This is…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base