GFI Archiver

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Licensing

I ran into a situation where we were one mailbox out of compliance and the whole GFI Mail Archiver stopped archiving mail. I can appreciate that GFI needs to make sure no one steals their product, but going about it this way works against our need to archive due to compliance and backup, and is detrimental to Exchange Server, at least 2003 with the 74 GB limit. Before I started at this company, this went unchecked. There were a number of system and resource mailboxes that were not excluded and busted the licensed user limit. The journal was filling up…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. GFI Outlook connector Options

Hi

May i suggest an option in the GFI Outlook Connector for mailarchiver to allow the user to specify that emails older than X up to Y show in the archive folder.

This would allow network admins to say, leave 365 days online on exchange and the rest is cached on the connector without having double emails showing in both folders.

Also the 365 day limit should then be removed and set as a the Y specified ( possibly with option infinite.. )

thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unlinkable emails unclassified

When emails are in the Information Store, originally sent to users from an old domain, non-existent users, e-mail aliases that can not be matched anymore, they end up in unclassified during the import.
    Can there be made a backup-archive where all these emails will end up in, AND (here it comes) make it possible to link those emails to a user in the organization? In this case, the emails can be stored in archive, in stead of ending up in unclassified all the time AND sorting out those emails by opening them one by one in Outlook Express (problem when…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. MailArchiver - Web interface of mailboxes - Aggregate View

In MailArchiver web interface, it would be nice to have an aggregate view of a user's mailbox folder vs having to change databases to see a differnt time span. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. GPO new features

In the Adm file of the lastest version this two options doesn't exists:
    * Synchronization interval
    * Maximum number of emails in local cache.

I think this two options are very importants and need to attach the adm file to the new version

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Want to purge archive database 'trash' folders based on item age

We are using Exchange 2003 on Server 2003 with the current version of GFI MailArchiver saving to a SQL 2008 R2 server & database. I am considering our long term storage plans and retention policies and am trying to think of ways to control our email archive database size growth. We currently roll our databases every 6 months to keep the database files under 50-100 gigs each.

My hope is to allow our users to keep all items in their mailbox archive forever (at least potentially anyway) EXCEPT for items in their Deleted Items and Junk Email folders. I would…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Email Header Search - Mailachiver

Need the facility to search through email headers as a search option in mailachiver.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. drop down needed to auto populate for mailbox to seach in

Please have the drop down auto populate for mailbox to seach in.

thanks,.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Expose system infomation via API

I would like to be able to monitor the health of my mailarchiver installation using my network monitoring solution. I can check the state of services but would find more information useful.

The mailarchiver dashboard provides useful information such as heartbeat and license count (X out of X users) but none of this information is available outside the dashboard.

Could an API or a simple web service to query be provided to query this information?

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. cannot delete tags

I cannot delete the global or private tags.
    There is no possibily in the browser webinterface.
    Show: In Reference to GFI Case GFI-100712-76658 for Customer ID 189771

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Search via Pattern

Provide capability in MailArchiver to search via pattern. For example, to run a search for all messages containing credit cards, you would use a pattern like: "XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX" or "X-X-X-X", etc.. The same logic could be used to search for social security numbers as well. Thanks!

A SQL statement that may be used would like something like this:
    [SELECT *
    FROM archive
    WHERE patindex('%[0-9][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -]%',email) > 0 ]

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Better multi-level permission / ACL required

Unable to create multi-level administrators, so that lower level admins can only do configuration changes and monitor the system without viewing any emails. Even better if we can choose what can a user do and what cannot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to compere exchange store vs. archive

Every few months I'm running into the same situation when I need to delete mails from a huge shared exchange mailbox, in the mailbox I have 10000 items, in the archive I have 9000 items, I know this mails are somewhere in the system in some users archives, because they drugging mails from their mailbox to the shared mailbox.
    But I need the archive to be the exact copy of the shared exchange mailbox.
    The things I can think of are:
    1. Way to compere folders in exchange and archive and find the missing items
    2. Option to delete a…

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Put PST import on Pause to allow QUEUE directory to catch up

I suggest you...implement a "PAUSE" button in the PTS import function to allow the queue directory to catch up.
    A very large amount of files in the queue directory takes very long to process as the directory is scanned before files are moved. So it would be "nice" to have an ability to put the import on hold to allow the queue directory to be emptied.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to delete emails based on individual users or groups

Now that MARC 2012 has the ability to delete emails, it appears to be an all-or-nothing setting. An enhancement would be to allow only certain users or groups to have this ability. Unfortunately the all-or-nothing setting makes this unusable due to compliance issues.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Categories information not listed in Outlook Connector

Outlook Connector needs to replicate the "Categories" field of users mail in Outlook. Currently all labels show blank in the Outlook Connector.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Data File on Network Drive

It would be great to be able to store the Outlook connector GFI Data files on a network drive. In our Citrix environment if we store it in the roaming profile it increases the users logon time and if it is stored in the temp area of the profile it takes 30 mins plus to download.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. MOVE Messages Between Archive Databases

There should be a utility to MOVE email from one archive database to another. If I wanted break up some of my archive databases into smaller more manageable databases there is no way to this to occur other than coping the messages to another database which would substantially increase my storage and lead to duplicate email in searches. The utility should also allow for messages to be moved from SQL only archive databases to SQL & Flat File storage so that one could migrate to or from the different archive database types.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to remove Email Client Access tab for end users

We just upgraded to 2012 and support said there is no way to remove the Email Client Access tab for end users. It doesn't allow them to do anything but it would be nice to have the ability to hide this completely.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. GFI Mailarchiver | access from the outside world

In another solution we've seen, it is possible to make a (sub)set of data avialable for outsiders. In case you are in the midst of an e-discovery that might not be done by someone from within the company. If one is searching for a set of emails, you can save the search. Make it possible to store the direct deeplink to this search and send this to an outsider and allow access based on email-address.
    When this user logs in with email (no password for now) they can only watch and search in these results, but can't save, print, forward,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base