GFI Archiver

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Folder Retention Policy

I suggest you...add a folder retention policy. Our company isn't a full compliance company, but we need our emails to be archived, but we don't want to waste space on un-needed emails, such as pizza parties in the lunch room. Right now we can only set up retention policies based on the "subject", "body", "sender", etc. If we could set up a retention policy based by folder, your product would be satisfactory.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Categorizaion based on group membership

Allow for categorization of archived emails based on the receipient's membership in an Active Directory or Microsoft Exchange group.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add Columns in 'Archive Configuration'

In the Archive Configuration page, you have columns for Archive Store Name, Start Date, End Date, Status. However there seems to be 'plenty' of room, especially on wider screens, so i think this should be configurable as well. I would like to also see on this screen the 'Database Name', 'Total Emails', 'Indexed Emails', I know this information is within the 'Summary' button, but i think having the ability to add that to the main dashboard would be nice. Just a thought, nothing major.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Mailbox restore on a per folder basis Mail Archiver

I would love to see the ability to restore specified folders in the new mailbox restore app. Also, add other search criteria...

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Encrypted Attachments in E-mails Cause Search Indexing To Stop

If GFI MailArchiver Indexes compatible Attachments one issue you will encounter even with the latest 2015 MailArchiver is that when the Search Indexing Service encounters an Encrypted PDF, it stops the Indexing Process and will not resume. You won't know until you search and find e-mails that are folders but don't show up in Search Results. Depending on how used your MailArchiver is, it could be stopped for days, weeks or months until someone notices it and alerts you.

A feature request/bug fix we and probably others would like to see is for GFI MailArchiver when it encounters Encrypted Documents…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. MailArchiver - Web interface of mailboxes - Aggregate View

In MailArchiver web interface, it would be nice to have an aggregate view of a user's mailbox folder vs having to change databases to see a differnt time span. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Exporting Search Result

We do a search a week due to litigation work that we do. We use MailArchiver extensively and I see a major problem in exporting search results.
    We have attorneys doing the search via web, but cannot export from web. Have to use Import/Export tool - and this seem to provide too many features (where they can accidentally corrupt the data - by importing or deleting something.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Retention policiy

Mailarchiver should also check the header fields

X-Original-To and Delivered-To and not only the TO field in the evelope

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Windows (Desktop) Search

It would be great that the offline database can be indexed bij Wnidows Search. Our users are using Windows Search to look in there ost and old pst and has an impressive performance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Archive Restrictions

Please improve the wording on this page, it's extremely confusing!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Archive Store Summary

Ability to display a summary on all archive stores. Currently I have to select individual stores to display the summary.
    The need to check if the index count matches the archived emails.
    This can be a MailInsight report.
    Also the ability to print or export it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. MailInsight Report Request

Similar to that which is available in the Account List. Ability to select all or individual archive.
    I want the ability to print it out.
    Currently in the account list it cannot be printed or exported.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Want to purge archive database 'trash' folders based on item age

We are using Exchange 2003 on Server 2003 with the current version of GFI MailArchiver saving to a SQL 2008 R2 server & database. I am considering our long term storage plans and retention policies and am trying to think of ways to control our email archive database size growth. We currently roll our databases every 6 months to keep the database files under 50-100 gigs each.

My hope is to allow our users to keep all items in their mailbox archive forever (at least potentially anyway) EXCEPT for items in their Deleted Items and Junk Email folders. I would…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bulk Import Tool

I have hundreds of PST files named after user aliases to import from a recent acquisition.
    It would be nice to have a bulk import tool that could import the pst files based on the user alias directly to the individual user archive, this would be a huge time saver.
    As it stands using the GFI Archiver Import and Export Tool, I will need to spend 200+ hours monitoring and importing these files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to delete emails based on individual users or groups

Now that MARC 2012 has the ability to delete emails, it appears to be an all-or-nothing setting. An enhancement would be to allow only certain users or groups to have this ability. Unfortunately the all-or-nothing setting makes this unusable due to compliance issues.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Delete folders Outlook

Good Morning,

It would be Nice if users could delete folders in their GFI Shared mailbox. Now they get a message that there is insufficient rights. I know that there is a SQL script but, it ios not supported.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Archiver index db backups

We have had a few occasions where GFI index db's become corrupted. Host server crashes, etc. Consequently all mail needs to be re-indexed. There needs to be a way to mitigate this type of downtime.

Can the system be improved to allow index backups/restores? I can see how the Active index may have a problem since it is actively changing, but past archives should never have to be re-indexed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to remove Email Client Access tab for end users

We just upgraded to 2012 and support said there is no way to remove the Email Client Access tab for end users. It doesn't allow them to do anything but it would be nice to have the ability to hide this completely.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. MArcImportExport tool search mailbox field

This is a great tool for e-Discoveries and I have used it several times over the years.

My request: It would be great if you could add either a back button once my search has been exported to a .PST so it would retain all the stores/mailboxes/criteria I selected and/or if you could add the option to select multiple mailboxes by department.

My process:
    We are constantly asked to do e-Discoveries on an entire department (i.e. 89+ mailboxes) with 3 -5 different search criteria's for all years available (5yrs). When doing these types of requests I have to break the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow users to suggest email address exclusions

Currently emails such as newsletters and publications get archived. Users should be able to suggest a list of email addresses that don't need to be archived. Everytime I add an address to the exclusion list, there are 10 more that come through.
    This could be done by users clicking on an email and selecting a new button 'suggest exclusion'. The admin would then see the list of addresses, and could select either to agree or remove the suggestion.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base