GFI Archiver

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Email retention - time based

According to the KBHow are Retention Policies applied in GFI MailArchiver?:
    Example: If an email received in March 2011 was archived in January 2012 and matches a 30 day retention policy, then GFI MailArchiver would remove the email in 30 days from the date it entered the archive.
    I imported all of our user's mailboxes into MailArchiver before I turned the "time based" retention policy on (default is 7 years). (The committee was still trying to decide what retention period was to be used.)
    I'm sure a lot of customers have done the same thing.
    I would like the developers…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Attachment Retention

Currently you can set a retention policy based on attachment type which is a great start. The problem is I don't want to delete the email that the file is attached to. There needs to be an option that will delete the attachment only. This would reduce the size of our databases by about 87% while still keeping the message trail that came with the attachment.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. reports

i would like to have a report where i can see user/email size in db

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Show images by default

Some of our customers have fast servers that do not mind you look at the email with the images in it directly (or are not that large that it will become a performance-issue). Can I ask for an option to show images by default (account-option)? Now one needs to push the button to show images.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Rention Policy On Folder

It would be nice to set retention policy on folders, just like Exchange Server.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Retention policiy

Mailarchiver should also check the header fields

X-Original-To and Delivered-To and not only the TO field in the evelope

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Four-eye-principle for sensitive tasks

It would be a good selling point to integrate a four-eye-principle or a two-person mechanism to allow sensitive task.

For example:

- User tracking informationen (Audit)
    - changing mailbox access permissions
    - deleting database in the mailarchiver webinterface

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Gorups may Access Groups in User Access control

In the User Access Control category, have an option for groups to be able to manage other groups.
    For example, you can set the Sales Managers Group to be able to access all the emails of the Sales Department

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Sort By Archived Date in the User Interface

Currently, the User Interface sorts the emails by received date. This creates an issue where there is a large number of spam messages with future date, such as 1/01/2035, thus getting this on top.
    It would be nice to be able to change this to sort by archived date, so that spam not yet affected by retention policies is not on top of all other email messages

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Unlinkable emails unclassified

When emails are in the Information Store, originally sent to users from an old domain, non-existent users, e-mail aliases that can not be matched anymore, they end up in unclassified during the import.
    Can there be made a backup-archive where all these emails will end up in, AND (here it comes) make it possible to link those emails to a user in the organization? In this case, the emails can be stored in archive, in stead of ending up in unclassified all the time AND sorting out those emails by opening them one by one in Outlook Express (problem when…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Tool to export all emails within a search folder.

Tool to export all emails within a search folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. GPO new features

In the Adm file of the lastest version this two options doesn't exists:
    * Synchronization interval
    * Maximum number of emails in local cache.

I think this two options are very importants and need to attach the adm file to the new version

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Categories information not listed in Outlook Connector

Outlook Connector needs to replicate the "Categories" field of users mail in Outlook. Currently all labels show blank in the Outlook Connector.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Email Header Search - Mailachiver

Need the facility to search through email headers as a search option in mailachiver.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to Archive PKI Encrypted Emails

find a way to archive the body of PKI Encrypted emails as many government agencies are required to encrypt communications using certificates and private keys. MailArchiver does not currently archive the body of an encrypted email, only the message info.

Messages can be opened using the MSG or EML file from the archive but only on the original computer it was sent or received from. In some or most cases, those computers have been retired and the certificates have expired which renders this feature unusable.

Confirmed in support Case GFI-100630-74450

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. cannot delete tags

I cannot delete the global or private tags.
    There is no possibily in the browser webinterface.
    Show: In Reference to GFI Case GFI-100712-76658 for Customer ID 189771

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow users to suggest email address exclusions

Currently emails such as newsletters and publications get archived. Users should be able to suggest a list of email addresses that don't need to be archived. Everytime I add an address to the exclusion list, there are 10 more that come through.
    This could be done by users clicking on an email and selecting a new button 'suggest exclusion'. The admin would then see the list of addresses, and could select either to agree or remove the suggestion.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Want to purge archive database 'trash' folders based on item age

We are using Exchange 2003 on Server 2003 with the current version of GFI MailArchiver saving to a SQL 2008 R2 server & database. I am considering our long term storage plans and retention policies and am trying to think of ways to control our email archive database size growth. We currently roll our databases every 6 months to keep the database files under 50-100 gigs each.

My hope is to allow our users to keep all items in their mailbox archive forever (at least potentially anyway) EXCEPT for items in their Deleted Items and Junk Email folders. I would…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Windows (Desktop) Search

It would be great that the offline database can be indexed bij Wnidows Search. Our users are using Windows Search to look in there ost and old pst and has an impressive performance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. MailArchiver - Web interface of mailboxes - Aggregate View

In MailArchiver web interface, it would be nice to have an aggregate view of a user's mailbox folder vs having to change databases to see a differnt time span. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base