GFI Archiver

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. GFI Mailarchiver | access from the outside world

In another solution we've seen, it is possible to make a (sub)set of data avialable for outsiders. In case you are in the midst of an e-discovery that might not be done by someone from within the company. If one is searching for a set of emails, you can save the search. Make it possible to store the direct deeplink to this search and send this to an outsider and allow access based on email-address.
    When this user logs in with email (no password for now) they can only watch and search in these results, but can't save, print, forward,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support fiscal year archives in 2012

In the new 2012 product, the automatic new-archive-store feature is mandatory. This is OK, but it forces the boundary to be on a calendar basis. We have been using this product since inception and we have been able to control archives to match our fiscal year. We need better custom control over the settings for custom start/end.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. retention policies on a per group/user level

add retention policies on a per group/user level

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. saving outlook connector database on shared location

Saving outlook connector database or change path post intsllation on shared location.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. retention policy for ALL email ,X days, auto delete empty store

we need to set in gfi a retention policy delete forever ALL messages after X years, not only some messages with filters.....
    after that could be great an option in the policy also to delete empty archive stores after policy , so that we can rescue space on disk , without manual managment.

Support says that we can do this only with a sql job that delete all DB of gfi after X days, but we must disconnect before stores from gfi and after that we must delete that (full GB database on disk , also if empty)

bye

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bring back old options for archive store creation

I do not like the new naming conventions for archive stores and the automatic archive store creation. I want to be able to use the old YYYY Q1-4 naming for archive stores. I also want to be able to name the SQL databases differently from the archive stores. The databases used to be prefixed with MARC. Please bring that option back. If someone is looking at the databases on the SQL server, they have no way of knowing that 2013 Jan - Mar is a GFI MailArchiver database.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Outlook Addon system wide install possible not OnlyCurrentuser

We use virtual desktops windows7. When we install de addon its only for the current user and that doesn't work cause the virtual desktop will lose the installation after reset. So now users have to install in every day again.

We wanthave to install the addon in the basic image of the virtual desktop, but it have to be for all users cause the image is deployd to the virtual desktops used with the users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Generate an Importing Mail Report

I could not find any where to generate a report to see what mailboxes have been already importing into MailArchiver. Do GFI have one?
    Because I want to ensure that I have all mailboxes imported into my GFI server before I purse my users old mail on the Exchange server.
    I cannot move forward on my GFI project if I don't have anything to prove to my manager that I got every OLD-mail into the GFI Archiver server.
    Please, help me ASAP if I can get some kind of report that showing how many mailbox I importing, and in detail…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. mailarchiver assistant citrix

i need mailarchiver outlook assistant compatibility with citrix/terminal server. thanks, mario

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Script or tool to remove duplicate emails from archiver database

I would like to suggest that a script, feature or tool is created for MailArchiver (Version 2013 Build 20130510) that allows an administrator to review and / or remove any duplicate emails that reside in the database.
    We have many duplicate emails in our databases after running an import on a few users and it imported email that were already in the databases.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Customize E-mail View Window Buttons

When double clicking on an e-mail in MailArchiver, to open it/maximize it, it would be nice if we could customize what buttons are viewable to all users, or define buttons based on User/AD Groups. Some buttons our team members will never use or understand. Or we define what buttons are initially displayed and if the team member is adventurous enough, they can customize their own screen with the buttons they like and where they like them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Reporting in MailArchiver

I suggest you enhance the reporting in MailAchiver. It would be great to have a report showing how much space each user is occupying in the datastore. This will enable the administrator to create better mail archiver exclution policy and have better visibility on datastore growt.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. MailArchive - Rename or link User

We have a user that got married and had a name change. I searched the knowledge base to find out how to rename or link her old Active Directory and email account to her new account, but couldn't find it. I called Tech Support and they said there was no way to do it.

I am suggesting that there be a feature added that would allow admins to link an account, or unlink it from one and link it to another in the case of a name change.

Support said that I could go into Access and give the user…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Limit Outlook Add-In Database Size

For Terminal Server is useful, that the Database Size is Limit, to ensure that the Disc not running full.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Simplified Outlook Toolbar

My users don't need all the options in a full outlook Connector. I would like the option of a (deliverable) single button in Outlook which simply opens MailArchiver in a browser.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. GFI MailArchive License Audit

Have the ability to list the current user accounts that count against the licensing numbers from within the application.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Dell AppAssure 5 support

Please consider supporting Dell Appassure 5 VSS backup with your GFI MailArchiver VSS service.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Archive Store Summary

Ability to display a summary on all archive stores. Currently I have to select individual stores to display the summary.
    The need to check if the index count matches the archived emails.
    This can be a MailInsight report.
    Also the ability to print or export it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. GFI Mail Archiver Search Modification

One thing I find most annoying and I am sure others do as well is that when I am performing searching in my GFI Mail Archive (MARC) it takes forever to set the parameters every time I run a search.

For example 99% of my searches are E-Discovery based... so lawyers always give incredibly long list of search terms that would like to see preformed against the data set. My issue is overtime I export the data to .eml what ever i choose I hit finish and then I have to go back and put in all the details regarding…

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bulk Export Database Sort

When trying to restrict the databases that the bulk export tool uses, the database list is randomly sorted. Please add a way to sort the database by name or do it by default. The random sort makes no sense.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base