GFI Archiver

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. High Availability

GFI Mailarchiver should have a high availability option. Our users rely on their archives quite heavily and if the server goes down for whatever reason we would like a standby one to pick up where the other left off (HA).

We recently had a very bad experience with upgrading. We were on a pretty recent version and just needed the latest one. We have only had GFI MA for less than a year and this was the first time upgrading.

Support made it sound pretty simple and non-trivial. However something became corrupted and the install did not end up working…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. cannot delete tags

I cannot delete the global or private tags.
    There is no possibily in the browser webinterface.
    Show: In Reference to GFI Case GFI-100712-76658 for Customer ID 189771

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. retention policies on a per group/user level

add retention policies on a per group/user level

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Show images by default

Some of our customers have fast servers that do not mind you look at the email with the images in it directly (or are not that large that it will become a performance-issue). Can I ask for an option to show images by default (account-option)? Now one needs to push the button to show images.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to Archive PKI Encrypted Emails

find a way to archive the body of PKI Encrypted emails as many government agencies are required to encrypt communications using certificates and private keys. MailArchiver does not currently archive the body of an encrypted email, only the message info.

Messages can be opened using the MSG or EML file from the archive but only on the original computer it was sent or received from. In some or most cases, those computers have been retired and the certificates have expired which renders this feature unusable.

Confirmed in support Case GFI-100630-74450

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Move Old Archived Emails from Inbox to Sub Folder

If you were using MAR before Folder Reconciliation was introduced, all archived emails reside in the generic 'Inbox'. This causes issues when users who now have Folder Reconciliation try to browse for emails. Unfortunately, because these emails are 5+ years old, the only copy of them that now exists is in MAR.

Many of our users would like to be able move these out emails out of the generic Inbox into one of the folders that now exist as a result of the introduction of the Folder Reconciliation functionality.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. More robust search criteria

When responding to e-discovery requests the request will often indicate a combination of "and" and "or" search requests. While the web and import/export tools allow for "and" searches, "or" searches must be performed by performing multiple iterations of similar searches.

For example, a recent search I received specified a user mailbox, a date range, and then a requirement of matching any of 8 distinct keywords ("or" search #1) and 10 distinct keywords ("or" search #2). The only way to accomplish this is to perform 80 searches of the keyword combinations.

One solution would be to add a "List" or "In"…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Additional parameters for naming archive stores

Currently you can use the month, year, day, and day of week in the name of the archive store. In the past, when I used to manually have to create the stores, I would use the quarter (eg, Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4) in the name. Can you add the quarter number as an option to include in the name?

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Limit active reindexing to one or two concurrent processes

I recently added several years worths of archives so that we could do a search through them. I made the mistake of reindexing ALL of them at the same time. A few days later, I found that the archiving had stopped because the store service had crashed.

If the number of active reindexing threads or processes were limited to 2 (or a configurable amount), that would prevent the system from being overloaded.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Email Header Search - Mailachiver

Need the facility to search through email headers as a search option in mailachiver.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Categories information not listed in Outlook Connector

Outlook Connector needs to replicate the "Categories" field of users mail in Outlook. Currently all labels show blank in the Outlook Connector.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. GPO new features

In the Adm file of the lastest version this two options doesn't exists:
    * Synchronization interval
    * Maximum number of emails in local cache.

I think this two options are very importants and need to attach the adm file to the new version

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Tool to export all emails within a search folder.

Tool to export all emails within a search folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Search via Pattern

Provide capability in MailArchiver to search via pattern. For example, to run a search for all messages containing credit cards, you would use a pattern like: "XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX" or "X-X-X-X", etc.. The same logic could be used to search for social security numbers as well. Thanks!

A SQL statement that may be used would like something like this:
    [SELECT *
    FROM archive
    WHERE patindex('%[0-9][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -]%',email) > 0 ]

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Disable filter archive store in mailarchiver

need help some of my users need to view the content of the folder without the need of move from archive store to archive store.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Unlinkable emails unclassified

When emails are in the Information Store, originally sent to users from an old domain, non-existent users, e-mail aliases that can not be matched anymore, they end up in unclassified during the import.
    Can there be made a backup-archive where all these emails will end up in, AND (here it comes) make it possible to link those emails to a user in the organization? In this case, the emails can be stored in archive, in stead of ending up in unclassified all the time AND sorting out those emails by opening them one by one in Outlook Express (problem when…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Mailbox Archive Restrictions buttons

i would like the update to the Mailbox Archive Restrictions where it automatically senses what type of object it is reverted back to where you get the option to choose from Email, Group, or User.

This automated sensing is taking an SMTP address and resolving it to a user. This does not account for email distribution groups and smtp aliases.

Ultimately, i cannot exclude a distribution group from being archived because it resolves the email address to a spefic user within the distribution list. Also, instead of excluding an email alias, it exempts the user that alias points too. These…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sort By Archived Date in the User Interface

Currently, the User Interface sorts the emails by received date. This creates an issue where there is a large number of spam messages with future date, such as 1/01/2035, thus getting this on top.
    It would be nice to be able to change this to sort by archived date, so that spam not yet affected by retention policies is not on top of all other email messages

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Attachment Retention

Currently you can set a retention policy based on attachment type which is a great start. The problem is I don't want to delete the email that the file is attached to. There needs to be an option that will delete the attachment only. This would reduce the size of our databases by about 87% while still keeping the message trail that came with the attachment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. External login to Mailarchiver

It would be nice to have the ability for external parties to also be able to login and look at messages. For example when I ahve a dispute with another company and I want my legal representation to be able to login, I need to create an account for them or export the info.
    When making an account, they can see all e-mail and cost me a license.
    When exporting the info, it might breach sensitivity levels.
    I would like to make a searchfolder and point it towards an external email-address (with a password I create). This external party can…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base