GFI Archiver

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. GFI Mailarchiver | access from the outside world

In another solution we've seen, it is possible to make a (sub)set of data avialable for outsiders. In case you are in the midst of an e-discovery that might not be done by someone from within the company. If one is searching for a set of emails, you can save the search. Make it possible to store the direct deeplink to this search and send this to an outsider and allow access based on email-address.
    When this user logs in with email (no password for now) they can only watch and search in these results, but can't save, print, forward,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Deleted Active Directory accounts - cache

The Access Control feature apparently wants to flood an LDAP server with requests, in the instance of a user having privilege to view another (deleted) account's email. See the below forum post for additional detail:

http://forums.gfi.com/tm.aspx?m=900818394&high=

I'm suggesting that MARC have a configurable cache time for failed LDAP queries, such that subsequent identical requests ( identical from the standpoint of the query itself, and the server to which the query is submitted ) be throttled. A very rough analogy is a child asking her mother, "Do we have ice cream?", to which the mother responds "No". Even if the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Gorups may Access Groups in User Access control

In the User Access Control category, have an option for groups to be able to manage other groups.
    For example, you can set the Sales Managers Group to be able to access all the emails of the Sales Department

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Four-eye-principle for sensitive tasks

It would be a good selling point to integrate a four-eye-principle or a two-person mechanism to allow sensitive task.

For example:

- User tracking informationen (Audit)
    - changing mailbox access permissions
    - deleting database in the mailarchiver webinterface

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Mail Archive Store Summary Page

Currently it is necessary to click on the summary button to gather information on each archive store. There is so much unused real-estate on the archive store page administrators should be given more information on the main page. Even if we were given an option to add more columns to the area so we don't have to click on each db when looking for information it would be so useful.

We have currently have 117 archive stores and it is painful when examining the stores details. Ideally each line would so archived emails, indexed emails, and last email archived at…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Journaling Mailbox Email Retention Control

We've had an isue with a client today who uses both GFI Mail Archiver and another document management facility that archives only certain emails into a different system. Both use the Journaling mailbox in exchange. The issue we have had is that GFI deletes the emails out of the journaling mailbox once it has acrhived them and this has caused issues with the other software not getting chance to do its thing. The work around was to create a second mailbox and have exchange copy all email sent to the main jounaling mailbox to this second mailbox using exchange Delivery…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Select all mail's to be stored locally working offline.

A customer want to be able to store all mails/days, setting Outlook Connector, Settings, Offline Access, (days) when writing a 0 in the Days field.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. GFI Mail Archiver Search program for users

After installing the GFI MA Metro App on a few Windows 8 workstations I'm amazed at the speed. I'd really like to see a non-metro (desktop) program to accomplish the same thing. Using a web browser is so much slower.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bulk Export Database Sort

When trying to restrict the databases that the bulk export tool uses, the database list is randomly sorted. Please add a way to sort the database by name or do it by default. The random sort makes no sense.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow system variables for the Outlook Connector data path root

I suggest you to allow system variables like %userprofile% for data path root in the GFI MailArchiver Outlook Connector policy.
    It's necessary to store the Outlook Connector data inside your roaming profile when you use folder redirections of application data or my documents to network shares.
    Network shares for data path root are not supported!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Certain controls only via two account approvals

Allowing someone the view to see all archived emails should be controlled via two approvals. The way it is now is somehow not secure enough.

Another case is the main switch to enable/delete archived emails. This switch should be only be set by a two account approval.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Role based deployment needs more attention

The more I read about the Role Based Deployment, the more I think this can be a good solution for customers with heavy used environments and multi-site environments.
    We are loosing on most larger deals because it is not pointed out that the roles are a wonderful way of diverting the load to other/multiple machines.
    My question, or suggestion is: for large environments I would make more notes on the role based deployment and make an extra manual for this, to guide large networks to this better. I also want to know if one role can be installed on several…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Accessing Archive Assistant agent history from the web interface

Currently this can only be accessed from the workstation, not from within the web interface.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Archive Assistant deleted emails as well as folders

When the Archive Assistant is deleting emails from Outlook after archiving them, it currently does not delete the folder that contained the emails if the folder becomes empty.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mobile site additions

Just upgraded my version to have the mobile access but any plans to add the option to forward a email or have the option to Search by Sender, Recipient the normal filters in the next release for the mobile site?

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Outlook Connector Search panel

Its great that the search panel is now separate from Outlook itself. could it default to having the Search field active when the panel opens and the 'Searches...' button fire by Enter key. would save two mouse clicks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Customize E-mail View Window Buttons

When double clicking on an e-mail in MailArchiver, to open it/maximize it, it would be nice if we could customize what buttons are viewable to all users, or define buttons based on User/AD Groups. Some buttons our team members will never use or understand. Or we define what buttons are initially displayed and if the team member is adventurous enough, they can customize their own screen with the buttons they like and where they like them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. MailArchive - Rename or link User

We have a user that got married and had a name change. I searched the knowledge base to find out how to rename or link her old Active Directory and email account to her new account, but couldn't find it. I called Tech Support and they said there was no way to do it.

I am suggesting that there be a feature added that would allow admins to link an account, or unlink it from one and link it to another in the case of a name change.

Support said that I could go into Access and give the user…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Save search option outlook connector

Save a search option when you are using the outlook connector function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Audit Reports need ability to export to CSV

Audit reports need more information (see other "idea"), but they also need the ability to export to a CSV or Excel file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base