GFI Archiver

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mobile site additions

Just upgraded my version to have the mobile access but any plans to add the option to forward a email or have the option to Search by Sender, Recipient the normal filters in the next release for the mobile site?

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Role based deployment needs more attention

The more I read about the Role Based Deployment, the more I think this can be a good solution for customers with heavy used environments and multi-site environments.
    We are loosing on most larger deals because it is not pointed out that the roles are a wonderful way of diverting the load to other/multiple machines.
    My question, or suggestion is: for large environments I would make more notes on the role based deployment and make an extra manual for this, to guide large networks to this better. I also want to know if one role can be installed on several…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow system variables for the Outlook Connector data path root

I suggest you to allow system variables like %userprofile% for data path root in the GFI MailArchiver Outlook Connector policy.
    It's necessary to store the Outlook Connector data inside your roaming profile when you use folder redirections of application data or my documents to network shares.
    Network shares for data path root are not supported!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Select all mail's to be stored locally working offline.

A customer want to be able to store all mails/days, setting Outlook Connector, Settings, Offline Access, (days) when writing a 0 in the Days field.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Journaling Mailbox Email Retention Control

We've had an isue with a client today who uses both GFI Mail Archiver and another document management facility that archives only certain emails into a different system. Both use the Journaling mailbox in exchange. The issue we have had is that GFI deletes the emails out of the journaling mailbox once it has acrhived them and this has caused issues with the other software not getting chance to do its thing. The work around was to create a second mailbox and have exchange copy all email sent to the main jounaling mailbox to this second mailbox using exchange Delivery…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. GFI Mailarchiver | access from the outside world

In another solution we've seen, it is possible to make a (sub)set of data avialable for outsiders. In case you are in the midst of an e-discovery that might not be done by someone from within the company. If one is searching for a set of emails, you can save the search. Make it possible to store the direct deeplink to this search and send this to an outsider and allow access based on email-address.
    When this user logs in with email (no password for now) they can only watch and search in these results, but can't save, print, forward,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Search via Pattern

Provide capability in MailArchiver to search via pattern. For example, to run a search for all messages containing credit cards, you would use a pattern like: "XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX" or "X-X-X-X", etc.. The same logic could be used to search for social security numbers as well. Thanks!

A SQL statement that may be used would like something like this:
    [SELECT *
    FROM archive
    WHERE patindex('%[0-9][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -][0-9 -]%',email) > 0 ]

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Move Old Archived Emails from Inbox to Sub Folder

If you were using MAR before Folder Reconciliation was introduced, all archived emails reside in the generic 'Inbox'. This causes issues when users who now have Folder Reconciliation try to browse for emails. Unfortunately, because these emails are 5+ years old, the only copy of them that now exists is in MAR.

Many of our users would like to be able move these out emails out of the generic Inbox into one of the folders that now exist as a result of the introduction of the Folder Reconciliation functionality.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. retention policies on a per group/user level

add retention policies on a per group/user level

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to remove Email Client Access tab for end users

We just upgraded to 2012 and support said there is no way to remove the Email Client Access tab for end users. It doesn't allow them to do anything but it would be nice to have the ability to hide this completely.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Archiver index db backups

We have had a few occasions where GFI index db's become corrupted. Host server crashes, etc. Consequently all mail needs to be re-indexed. There needs to be a way to mitigate this type of downtime.

Can the system be improved to allow index backups/restores? I can see how the Active index may have a problem since it is actively changing, but past archives should never have to be re-indexed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to delete emails based on individual users or groups

Now that MARC 2012 has the ability to delete emails, it appears to be an all-or-nothing setting. An enhancement would be to allow only certain users or groups to have this ability. Unfortunately the all-or-nothing setting makes this unusable due to compliance issues.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. MailInsight Report Request

Similar to that which is available in the Account List. Ability to select all or individual archive.
    I want the ability to print it out.
    Currently in the account list it cannot be printed or exported.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Archive Store Summary

Ability to display a summary on all archive stores. Currently I have to select individual stores to display the summary.
    The need to check if the index count matches the archived emails.
    This can be a MailInsight report.
    Also the ability to print or export it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Exporting Search Result

We do a search a week due to litigation work that we do. We use MailArchiver extensively and I see a major problem in exporting search results.
    We have attorneys doing the search via web, but cannot export from web. Have to use Import/Export tool - and this seem to provide too many features (where they can accidentally corrupt the data - by importing or deleting something.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. retention policy for ALL email ,X days, auto delete empty store

we need to set in gfi a retention policy delete forever ALL messages after X years, not only some messages with filters.....
    after that could be great an option in the policy also to delete empty archive stores after policy , so that we can rescue space on disk , without manual managment.

Support says that we can do this only with a sql job that delete all DB of gfi after X days, but we must disconnect before stores from gfi and after that we must delete that (full GB database on disk , also if empty)

bye

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Search results show folders

The search results will also show the folders.
    In this way if you would have a lot of folders you can navigate quickly to the folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Expand the character limit on title bar in web interface

In the Web Mailarchiver client, under 'Archive', the title bar (not sure exactly how to reference it) should be 'wider'. The portion that shows teh 'archive store name' specifically has a shorter dropdown than what my archive store names are. Now that we have ability to have more custom names, they tend to be a little longer, and this visual truncation is annoying. if you hover over yes i know it displays the full name, but i think it should be wider, considering there is plenty of room. I.e. My store names are: MailArchiver 2012 Jan - Feb in the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Retention policy based on direction

In GFI MailArchiver there is an option to make a retention policy, based on several parts of the e-mail. Only one thing is missing, the direction. I would like to set a policy based on inbound, outbound or internal emails with a certain keyword. Now I have to set them for several mailboxes at the same time, but it is not the most handy one. IN case I have 25 maildomain-aliasses, I need to make 25 rules (if I am not mistaken).

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Alerting module on modules

In mailarchiver it is not possible at the moment to receive emails when queue is filling up, no more RAM memory, running out of disk space and so on. It would be nice to have these mechanisms in the installation, since in large (enterprise) environments it could escallate really fast when things are not working as they should.
    I can monitor these customers with GFI MAX RM/GFI Cloud, but an internal process-watch would be nicer, since it is more 'integrated in the product'. The admin-mailbox that I enter could be used for this, but even better would be an alerting-group…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base