GFI Archiver

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. MARC Spam retention Policy

Can we get the SPAM Retention Policy in MailArchiver to check agains the Mail Essentials Whitelist or allow us to to configure excludes on the Retention Policy wizard.

We currently have Mail Essentials tagging email with SPAM to the subject line. The MARC retention policy removes any emails with this in the subject line. This can be a problem if a user replies or forwards a tagged email without removing the tag from the subject line.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Columns in archive view

It would be nice to be able to have more view options in the Archive tab - so we can see at a glance who a message is to, from, etc. and also be able to sort by those columns, without having to expand every single email.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Category

Retrieve category field if folder structure retrieval is activated.
    Categories are very useful and a common tool in the enterprise world. I understand they are not available at journaling time, but with the folder structure retrieval, the are surely available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Import logging

There should be a log utility in the MARC import/export function. As distributor, signing an END-TO-END contract, we are responsible for everything from installation to importing "millions of old emails" to educating users. Here a log facility should be able to tell us, that "On this time, you imported these many emails from "file" with success. This number of emails were placed in "Archive store name". This number of emails were skipped and here is the reason why". As distributor with af signed contract , we need to provide proof of the import and right handling of old emails.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Command line tool for attaching a database

It would be handy to have a way to script attaching a database to MailArchiver from the commandline.

I am in the middle of migrating our old MailArchiver server to a new server and I have over 70 databases that I need to attach. Doing this one by one is slow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. URL link to email without atachments

The URL link that downloads the email is GREAT! Would like to not get the attachments when I do not want them since most email review is not attachment related.

Great Product!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Populate Advanced Search Users

Currently, the advanced search pre-selects your user to search under, and doesn't populate with any users you have pre-added under the conversations menu.

It would be better if users can be added to the advanced users search list, rather than manually typing it in.

It would be even better if it pre-populates from mailboxes you already have set to view under the conversations menu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. EMC Centera

Add EMC Centera as a Target Device for MailArchiver.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Save search option outlook connector

Save a search option when you are using the outlook connector function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Mobile site additions

Just upgraded my version to have the mobile access but any plans to add the option to forward a email or have the option to Search by Sender, Recipient the normal filters in the next release for the mobile site?

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Outlook Connector Search panel

Its great that the search panel is now separate from Outlook itself. could it default to having the Search field active when the panel opens and the 'Searches...' button fire by Enter key. would save two mouse clicks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Role based deployment needs more attention

The more I read about the Role Based Deployment, the more I think this can be a good solution for customers with heavy used environments and multi-site environments.
    We are loosing on most larger deals because it is not pointed out that the roles are a wonderful way of diverting the load to other/multiple machines.
    My question, or suggestion is: for large environments I would make more notes on the role based deployment and make an extra manual for this, to guide large networks to this better. I also want to know if one role can be installed on several…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow system variables for the Outlook Connector data path root

I suggest you to allow system variables like %userprofile% for data path root in the GFI MailArchiver Outlook Connector policy.
    It's necessary to store the Outlook Connector data inside your roaming profile when you use folder redirections of application data or my documents to network shares.
    Network shares for data path root are not supported!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Select all mail's to be stored locally working offline.

A customer want to be able to store all mails/days, setting Outlook Connector, Settings, Offline Access, (days) when writing a 0 in the Days field.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Journaling Mailbox Email Retention Control

We've had an isue with a client today who uses both GFI Mail Archiver and another document management facility that archives only certain emails into a different system. Both use the Journaling mailbox in exchange. The issue we have had is that GFI deletes the emails out of the journaling mailbox once it has acrhived them and this has caused issues with the other software not getting chance to do its thing. The work around was to create a second mailbox and have exchange copy all email sent to the main jounaling mailbox to this second mailbox using exchange Delivery…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. MailInsight enhancement

Tom Viteritto suggest

When running a report for inappropriate words.

1.We would like to be able to change the words in the search through the browser.

2. Reports that are generated only show user and subject line. We would like another column with the triggered word.

3. The links should go to a page in the report with the email so they all can be printed out at once if need be. It currently opens up internet explorer to access Mailarchiver and there is no way to scroll through the other emails. You have to close the browser and click…

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. fade in fade out on pop up screens in MailArchiver admin screens

It's extremely annoying when working on a server remotely to have to the fade in fade out animations on every single pop up. It's pretty and I'm sure someone spent hours on it. You will need to break their heart. Give us an option to disable it. Using RDP often breaks and disconnects because it is essentially trying to transmit video.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Move Old Archived Emails from Inbox to Sub Folder

If you were using MAR before Folder Reconciliation was introduced, all archived emails reside in the generic 'Inbox'. This causes issues when users who now have Folder Reconciliation try to browse for emails. Unfortunately, because these emails are 5+ years old, the only copy of them that now exists is in MAR.

Many of our users would like to be able move these out emails out of the generic Inbox into one of the folders that now exist as a result of the introduction of the Folder Reconciliation functionality.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Mobile Phone Text Message Archive

It would be great if besides emails there was a plugin to archive text messages\SMS messages from company owned mobile phones. With so many regulations and compliance it would be a beneficial feature.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. MailInsight Report Request

Similar to that which is available in the Account List. Ability to select all or individual archive.
    I want the ability to print it out.
    Currently in the account list it cannot be printed or exported.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base