GFI Archiver

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. More detailed Audit Reports needed

Currently when printing a User Audit Trail report or a Data Leakage Prevention report, the only detail is time, date, and action. It doesn't say who performed the action or what the search terms where for a search or what email was viewed. In Data Leakage Prevention, it just says,for example, "print". Print what? There appears to be no way to even find out.

Much more detail is need for reports.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Limit Outlook Add-In Database Size

For Terminal Server is useful, that the Database Size is Limit, to ensure that the Disc not running full.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. EMC Centera

Add EMC Centera as a Target Device for MailArchiver.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please test Datto for online backup of Mail Archiver

Datto is a backup appliance that leverages Shadow Protect to backup the volume. It also leverages Microsoft's VSS to backup SQL databases. These two features may make it already work but having it tested by GFI would be ideal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Put PST import on Pause to allow QUEUE directory to catch up

I suggest you...implement a "PAUSE" button in the PTS import function to allow the queue directory to catch up.
    A very large amount of files in the queue directory takes very long to process as the directory is scanned before files are moved. So it would be "nice" to have an ability to put the import on hold to allow the queue directory to be emptied.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Simplified Outlook Toolbar

My users don't need all the options in a full outlook Connector. I would like the option of a (deliverable) single button in Outlook which simply opens MailArchiver in a browser.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Script or tool to remove duplicate emails from archiver database

I would like to suggest that a script, feature or tool is created for MailArchiver (Version 2013 Build 20130510) that allows an administrator to review and / or remove any duplicate emails that reside in the database.
    We have many duplicate emails in our databases after running an import on a few users and it imported email that were already in the databases.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Populate Advanced Search Users

Currently, the advanced search pre-selects your user to search under, and doesn't populate with any users you have pre-added under the conversations menu.

It would be better if users can be added to the advanced users search list, rather than manually typing it in.

It would be even better if it pre-populates from mailboxes you already have set to view under the conversations menu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. mailarchiver assistant citrix

i need mailarchiver outlook assistant compatibility with citrix/terminal server. thanks, mario

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Outlook connector dedbug mode OFF

The Outlook connector creates debug logs. Whilst this might be useful if a site is experiencing an issue it seem to me that this is just an unnecessary overhead - we are trying to harden our desktops, to having this as an option we can control would be a benefit for us.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. URL link to email without atachments

The URL link that downloads the email is GREAT! Would like to not get the attachments when I do not want them since most email review is not attachment related.

Great Product!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Increase Offline days span

We have many users that go offline and need access to emails going back up to 10 years! The current limit in the Offline days span that you can set with Group Policy is 999. I'm suggesting you allow an extra digit so we can set it to at least 5000.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Reporting in MailArchiver

I suggest you enhance the reporting in MailAchiver. It would be great to have a report showing how much space each user is occupying in the datastore. This will enable the administrator to create better mail archiver exclution policy and have better visibility on datastore growt.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Outlook Addon system wide install possible not OnlyCurrentuser

We use virtual desktops windows7. When we install de addon its only for the current user and that doesn't work cause the virtual desktop will lose the installation after reset. So now users have to install in every day again.

We wanthave to install the addon in the basic image of the virtual desktop, but it have to be for all users cause the image is deployd to the virtual desktops used with the users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Generate an Importing Mail Report

I could not find any where to generate a report to see what mailboxes have been already importing into MailArchiver. Do GFI have one?
    Because I want to ensure that I have all mailboxes imported into my GFI server before I purse my users old mail on the Exchange server.
    I cannot move forward on my GFI project if I don't have anything to prove to my manager that I got every OLD-mail into the GFI Archiver server.
    Please, help me ASAP if I can get some kind of report that showing how many mailbox I importing, and in detail…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Command line tool for attaching a database

It would be handy to have a way to script attaching a database to MailArchiver from the commandline.

I am in the middle of migrating our old MailArchiver server to a new server and I have over 70 databases that I need to attach. Doing this one by one is slow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bring back old options for archive store creation

I do not like the new naming conventions for archive stores and the automatic archive store creation. I want to be able to use the old YYYY Q1-4 naming for archive stores. I also want to be able to name the SQL databases differently from the archive stores. The databases used to be prefixed with MARC. Please bring that option back. If someone is looking at the databases on the SQL server, they have no way of knowing that 2013 Jan - Mar is a GFI MailArchiver database.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Import logging

There should be a log utility in the MARC import/export function. As distributor, signing an END-TO-END contract, we are responsible for everything from installation to importing "millions of old emails" to educating users. Here a log facility should be able to tell us, that "On this time, you imported these many emails from "file" with success. This number of emails were placed in "Archive store name". This number of emails were skipped and here is the reason why". As distributor with af signed contract , we need to provide proof of the import and right handling of old emails.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add support for encrypted mail

More and more e-mails are being sent encrypted (using a MIME certificate). It would be great if a Mail Archive User could import his MIME certificate so that he can read the encrypted e-mails in the archive as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. exclude senders for Inappropriate Words MailInsights report

When running the Inappropriate Words report, it includes emails from all senders but the ability to exclude certain senders, such as vendors or email newsletter senders would make the report more effective so you could see which of your own users have violations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base