GFI Archiver

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Exporting Search Result

We do a search a week due to litigation work that we do. We use MailArchiver extensively and I see a major problem in exporting search results.
    We have attorneys doing the search via web, but cannot export from web. Have to use Import/Export tool - and this seem to provide too many features (where they can accidentally corrupt the data - by importing or deleting something.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search results show folders

The search results will also show the folders.
    In this way if you would have a lot of folders you can navigate quickly to the folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Expand the character limit on title bar in web interface

In the Web Mailarchiver client, under 'Archive', the title bar (not sure exactly how to reference it) should be 'wider'. The portion that shows teh 'archive store name' specifically has a shorter dropdown than what my archive store names are. Now that we have ability to have more custom names, they tend to be a little longer, and this visual truncation is annoying. if you hover over yes i know it displays the full name, but i think it should be wider, considering there is plenty of room. I.e. My store names are: MailArchiver 2012 Jan - Feb in the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Retention policy based on direction

In GFI MailArchiver there is an option to make a retention policy, based on several parts of the e-mail. Only one thing is missing, the direction. I would like to set a policy based on inbound, outbound or internal emails with a certain keyword. Now I have to set them for several mailboxes at the same time, but it is not the most handy one. IN case I have 25 maildomain-aliasses, I need to make 25 rules (if I am not mistaken).

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. MailArchiver anti-spam retention

In MailArchiver it is possible to avoid spam detected by ME to enter the Archive. This is based on a header-value X-mailessentials (if I am not mistaken), so not possible to use with other solutions than MailEssentials.
    It is even not possible to use with the Microsoft filters. I would love to see this also possible to make a retentionpolicy based on other header values like SCL-values or values created by online filters.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Alerting module on modules

In mailarchiver it is not possible at the moment to receive emails when queue is filling up, no more RAM memory, running out of disk space and so on. It would be nice to have these mechanisms in the installation, since in large (enterprise) environments it could escallate really fast when things are not working as they should.
    I can monitor these customers with GFI MAX RM/GFI Cloud, but an internal process-watch would be nicer, since it is more 'integrated in the product'. The admin-mailbox that I enter could be used for this, but even better would be an alerting-group…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Possible Spam should have an option to be archived

The Digest Report maek a difference between Possible spam and spam.

But the arvhiver does not.

So if you have not read to Digest Report in time and has released possible spam, this is not achived without we really know if it's spam or not.
    It should be posible to include Possible spam ito be archived and exclude definitiv spam from beeing archived.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. exclude senders for Inappropriate Words MailInsights report

When running the Inappropriate Words report, it includes emails from all senders but the ability to exclude certain senders, such as vendors or email newsletter senders would make the report more effective so you could see which of your own users have violations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Outlook connector dedbug mode OFF

The Outlook connector creates debug logs. Whilst this might be useful if a site is experiencing an issue it seem to me that this is just an unnecessary overhead - we are trying to harden our desktops, to having this as an option we can control would be a benefit for us.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Increase Offline days span

We have many users that go offline and need access to emails going back up to 10 years! The current limit in the Offline days span that you can set with Group Policy is 999. I'm suggesting you allow an extra digit so we can set it to at least 5000.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Audit Reports need ability to export to CSV

Audit reports need more information (see other "idea"), but they also need the ability to export to a CSV or Excel file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Accessing Archive Assistant agent history from the web interface

Currently this can only be accessed from the workstation, not from within the web interface.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Archive Assistant deleted emails as well as folders

When the Archive Assistant is deleting emails from Outlook after archiving them, it currently does not delete the folder that contained the emails if the folder becomes empty.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A report that shows a user's total number of emails

There is not currently a report that shows the total number of emails a user has as well as the amount of space they are using up within MailArchiver across all archive stores.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Certain controls only via two account approvals

Allowing someone the view to see all archived emails should be controlled via two approvals. The way it is now is somehow not secure enough.

Another case is the main switch to enable/delete archived emails. This switch should be only be set by a two account approval.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mail Archive Store Summary Page

Currently it is necessary to click on the summary button to gather information on each archive store. There is so much unused real-estate on the archive store page administrators should be given more information on the main page. Even if we were given an option to add more columns to the area so we don't have to click on each db when looking for information it would be so useful.

We have currently have 117 archive stores and it is painful when examining the stores details. Ideally each line would so archived emails, indexed emails, and last email archived at…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Deleted Active Directory accounts - cache

The Access Control feature apparently wants to flood an LDAP server with requests, in the instance of a user having privilege to view another (deleted) account's email. See the below forum post for additional detail:

http://forums.gfi.com/tm.aspx?m=900818394&high=

I'm suggesting that MARC have a configurable cache time for failed LDAP queries, such that subsequent identical requests ( identical from the standpoint of the query itself, and the server to which the query is submitted ) be throttled. A very rough analogy is a child asking her mother, "Do we have ice cream?", to which the mother responds "No". Even if the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. External login to Mailarchiver

It would be nice to have the ability for external parties to also be able to login and look at messages. For example when I ahve a dispute with another company and I want my legal representation to be able to login, I need to create an account for them or export the info.
    When making an account, they can see all e-mail and cost me a license.
    When exporting the info, it might breach sensitivity levels.
    I would like to make a searchfolder and point it towards an external email-address (with a password I create). This external party can…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Attachment Retention

Currently you can set a retention policy based on attachment type which is a great start. The problem is I don't want to delete the email that the file is attached to. There needs to be an option that will delete the attachment only. This would reduce the size of our databases by about 87% while still keeping the message trail that came with the attachment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Mailbox Archive Restrictions buttons

i would like the update to the Mailbox Archive Restrictions where it automatically senses what type of object it is reverted back to where you get the option to choose from Email, Group, or User.

This automated sensing is taking an SMTP address and resolving it to a user. This does not account for email distribution groups and smtp aliases.

Ultimately, i cannot exclude a distribution group from being archived because it resolves the email address to a spefic user within the distribution list. Also, instead of excluding an email alias, it exempts the user that alias points too. These…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base