GFI Archiver

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Certain controls only via two account approvals

Allowing someone the view to see all archived emails should be controlled via two approvals. The way it is now is somehow not secure enough.

Another case is the main switch to enable/delete archived emails. This switch should be only be set by a two account approval.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bulk Export Database Sort

When trying to restrict the databases that the bulk export tool uses, the database list is randomly sorted. Please add a way to sort the database by name or do it by default. The random sort makes no sense.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. GFI Mail Archiver Search program for users

After installing the GFI MA Metro App on a few Windows 8 workstations I'm amazed at the speed. I'd really like to see a non-metro (desktop) program to accomplish the same thing. Using a web browser is so much slower.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Mail Archive Store Summary Page

Currently it is necessary to click on the summary button to gather information on each archive store. There is so much unused real-estate on the archive store page administrators should be given more information on the main page. Even if we were given an option to add more columns to the area so we don't have to click on each db when looking for information it would be so useful.

We have currently have 117 archive stores and it is painful when examining the stores details. Ideally each line would so archived emails, indexed emails, and last email archived at…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Deleted Active Directory accounts - cache

The Access Control feature apparently wants to flood an LDAP server with requests, in the instance of a user having privilege to view another (deleted) account's email. See the below forum post for additional detail:

http://forums.gfi.com/tm.aspx?m=900818394&high=

I'm suggesting that MARC have a configurable cache time for failed LDAP queries, such that subsequent identical requests ( identical from the standpoint of the query itself, and the server to which the query is submitted ) be throttled. A very rough analogy is a child asking her mother, "Do we have ice cream?", to which the mother responds "No". Even if the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. External login to Mailarchiver

It would be nice to have the ability for external parties to also be able to login and look at messages. For example when I ahve a dispute with another company and I want my legal representation to be able to login, I need to create an account for them or export the info.
    When making an account, they can see all e-mail and cost me a license.
    When exporting the info, it might breach sensitivity levels.
    I would like to make a searchfolder and point it towards an external email-address (with a password I create). This external party can…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mailbox Archive Restrictions buttons

i would like the update to the Mailbox Archive Restrictions where it automatically senses what type of object it is reverted back to where you get the option to choose from Email, Group, or User.

This automated sensing is taking an SMTP address and resolving it to a user. This does not account for email distribution groups and smtp aliases.

Ultimately, i cannot exclude a distribution group from being archived because it resolves the email address to a spefic user within the distribution list. Also, instead of excluding an email alias, it exempts the user that alias points too. These…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Disable filter archive store in mailarchiver

need help some of my users need to view the content of the folder without the need of move from archive store to archive store.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Limit active reindexing to one or two concurrent processes

I recently added several years worths of archives so that we could do a search through them. I made the mistake of reindexing ALL of them at the same time. A few days later, I found that the archiving had stopped because the store service had crashed.

If the number of active reindexing threads or processes were limited to 2 (or a configurable amount), that would prevent the system from being overloaded.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Additional parameters for naming archive stores

Currently you can use the month, year, day, and day of week in the name of the archive store. In the past, when I used to manually have to create the stores, I would use the quarter (eg, Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4) in the name. Can you add the quarter number as an option to include in the name?

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. More robust search criteria

When responding to e-discovery requests the request will often indicate a combination of "and" and "or" search requests. While the web and import/export tools allow for "and" searches, "or" searches must be performed by performing multiple iterations of similar searches.

For example, a recent search I received specified a user mailbox, a date range, and then a requirement of matching any of 8 distinct keywords ("or" search #1) and 10 distinct keywords ("or" search #2). The only way to accomplish this is to perform 80 searches of the keyword combinations.

One solution would be to add a "List" or "In"…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. High Availability

GFI Mailarchiver should have a high availability option. Our users rely on their archives quite heavily and if the server goes down for whatever reason we would like a standby one to pick up where the other left off (HA).

We recently had a very bad experience with upgrading. We were on a pretty recent version and just needed the latest one. We have only had GFI MA for less than a year and this was the first time upgrading.

Support made it sound pretty simple and non-trivial. However something became corrupted and the install did not end up working…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. MArcImportExport tool search mailbox field

This is a great tool for e-Discoveries and I have used it several times over the years.

My request: It would be great if you could add either a back button once my search has been exported to a .PST so it would retain all the stores/mailboxes/criteria I selected and/or if you could add the option to select multiple mailboxes by department.

My process:
    We are constantly asked to do e-Discoveries on an entire department (i.e. 89+ mailboxes) with 3 -5 different search criteria's for all years available (5yrs). When doing these types of requests I have to break the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Delete folders Outlook

Good Morning,

It would be Nice if users could delete folders in their GFI Shared mailbox. Now they get a message that there is insufficient rights. I know that there is a SQL script but, it ios not supported.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bulk Import Tool

I have hundreds of PST files named after user aliases to import from a recent acquisition.
    It would be nice to have a bulk import tool that could import the pst files based on the user alias directly to the individual user archive, this would be a huge time saver.
    As it stands using the GFI Archiver Import and Export Tool, I will need to spend 200+ hours monitoring and importing these files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Archive Restrictions

Please improve the wording on this page, it's extremely confusing!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Encrypted Attachments in E-mails Cause Search Indexing To Stop

If GFI MailArchiver Indexes compatible Attachments one issue you will encounter even with the latest 2015 MailArchiver is that when the Search Indexing Service encounters an Encrypted PDF, it stops the Indexing Process and will not resume. You won't know until you search and find e-mails that are folders but don't show up in Search Results. Depending on how used your MailArchiver is, it could be stopped for days, weeks or months until someone notices it and alerts you.

A feature request/bug fix we and probably others would like to see is for GFI MailArchiver when it encounters Encrypted Documents…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Select multiple emails to export within MailArchiver

Would like to be able to run a search through the interface and select multiple results to export.

Currently you have to either open each email individually and save or use the bulk export tool.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. MOVE Messages Between Archive Databases

There should be a utility to MOVE email from one archive database to another. If I wanted break up some of my archive databases into smaller more manageable databases there is no way to this to occur other than coping the messages to another database which would substantially increase my storage and lead to duplicate email in searches. The utility should also allow for messages to be moved from SQL only archive databases to SQL & Flat File storage so that one could migrate to or from the different archive database types.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. MailInsight enhancement

Tom Viteritto suggest

When running a report for inappropriate words.

1.We would like to be able to change the words in the search through the browser.

2. Reports that are generated only show user and subject line. We would like another column with the triggered word.

3. The links should go to a page in the report with the email so they all can be printed out at once if need be. It currently opens up internet explorer to access Mailarchiver and there is no way to scroll through the other emails. You have to close the browser and click…

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base