GFI Archiver

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Disable filter archive store in mailarchiver

need help some of my users need to view the content of the folder without the need of move from archive store to archive store.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate DLP filters into Retention Policy to delete CC info

We have many customers who send us CC info via email for orders. We have asked them not to but they continue. We can use MailEssentials to screen them out but many have already made it through to the archive.

Since legally we can't store them we need to manually search and delete them. Being able to have a retention policy that would not allow them in the archive and delete any in the archive would be great.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Show images by default

Some of our customers have fast servers that do not mind you look at the email with the images in it directly (or are not that large that it will become a performance-issue). Can I ask for an option to show images by default (account-option)? Now one needs to push the button to show images.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Additional parameters for naming archive stores

Currently you can use the month, year, day, and day of week in the name of the archive store. In the past, when I used to manually have to create the stores, I would use the quarter (eg, Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4) in the name. Can you add the quarter number as an option to include in the name?

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Limit active reindexing to one or two concurrent processes

I recently added several years worths of archives so that we could do a search through them. I made the mistake of reindexing ALL of them at the same time. A few days later, I found that the archiving had stopped because the store service had crashed.

If the number of active reindexing threads or processes were limited to 2 (or a configurable amount), that would prevent the system from being overloaded.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. High Availability

GFI Mailarchiver should have a high availability option. Our users rely on their archives quite heavily and if the server goes down for whatever reason we would like a standby one to pick up where the other left off (HA).

We recently had a very bad experience with upgrading. We were on a pretty recent version and just needed the latest one. We have only had GFI MA for less than a year and this was the first time upgrading.

Support made it sound pretty simple and non-trivial. However something became corrupted and the install did not end up working…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. MArcImportExport tool search mailbox field

This is a great tool for e-Discoveries and I have used it several times over the years.

My request: It would be great if you could add either a back button once my search has been exported to a .PST so it would retain all the stores/mailboxes/criteria I selected and/or if you could add the option to select multiple mailboxes by department.

My process:
    We are constantly asked to do e-Discoveries on an entire department (i.e. 89+ mailboxes) with 3 -5 different search criteria's for all years available (5yrs). When doing these types of requests I have to break the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. SMTP connection using TLS

We user Office 365 and they require a TLS connection to send with SMTP. The tech told me the only way to do it now is with a SMTP relay, which is a bad workaround. Add support for TLS please.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bulk Import Tool

I have hundreds of PST files named after user aliases to import from a recent acquisition.
    It would be nice to have a bulk import tool that could import the pst files based on the user alias directly to the individual user archive, this would be a huge time saver.
    As it stands using the GFI Archiver Import and Export Tool, I will need to spend 200+ hours monitoring and importing these files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Delete folders Outlook

Good Morning,

It would be Nice if users could delete folders in their GFI Shared mailbox. Now they get a message that there is insufficient rights. I know that there is a SQL script but, it ios not supported.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Advanced search by default

I have quite a few users who really do not like the default view the MailArchiver website has (Archive Tab). Most users in our environment blow right past the simple search mode and head right for the advanced search (two clicks and a support call). It would be nice if there was a way to make the advanced search the default search that came up for all users or a group of users.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Outlook Connector

I would like to see the Outlook connector have the ability to search all archived mail that the primary user has right to. For example, I am authorized to view two other mailboxes on MailArchiver and it would be nice not to have to log into the web console to have to search for emails on those two accoutns

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Archive Restrictions

Please improve the wording on this page, it's extremely confusing!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Encrypted Attachments in E-mails Cause Search Indexing To Stop

If GFI MailArchiver Indexes compatible Attachments one issue you will encounter even with the latest 2015 MailArchiver is that when the Search Indexing Service encounters an Encrypted PDF, it stops the Indexing Process and will not resume. You won't know until you search and find e-mails that are folders but don't show up in Search Results. Depending on how used your MailArchiver is, it could be stopped for days, weeks or months until someone notices it and alerts you.

A feature request/bug fix we and probably others would like to see is for GFI MailArchiver when it encounters Encrypted Documents…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Retention policiy

Mailarchiver should also check the header fields

X-Original-To and Delivered-To and not only the TO field in the evelope

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hosted/SAAS Gfi Mailarchiver

Would be great if one day Gfi offered the mailarchiver software as a hosted service. Would be the same benefits that other SAAS offer. Would compliment Office365 really well.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base