GFI Archiver

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Advanced search by default

I have quite a few users who really do not like the default view the MailArchiver website has (Archive Tab). Most users in our environment blow right past the simple search mode and head right for the advanced search (two clicks and a support call). It would be nice if there was a way to make the advanced search the default search that came up for all users or a group of users.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SMTP connection using TLS

We user Office 365 and they require a TLS connection to send with SMTP. The tech told me the only way to do it now is with a SMTP relay, which is a bad workaround. Add support for TLS please.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to compere exchange store vs. archive

Every few months I'm running into the same situation when I need to delete mails from a huge shared exchange mailbox, in the mailbox I have 10000 items, in the archive I have 9000 items, I know this mails are somewhere in the system in some users archives, because they drugging mails from their mailbox to the shared mailbox.
    But I need the archive to be the exact copy of the shared exchange mailbox.
    The things I can think of are:
    1. Way to compere folders in exchange and archive and find the missing items
    2. Option to delete a…

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mobile Phone Text Message Archive

It would be great if besides emails there was a plugin to archive text messages\SMS messages from company owned mobile phones. With so many regulations and compliance it would be a beneficial feature.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Integrate DLP filters into Retention Policy to delete CC info

We have many customers who send us CC info via email for orders. We have asked them not to but they continue. We can use MailEssentials to screen them out but many have already made it through to the archive.

Since legally we can't store them we need to manually search and delete them. Being able to have a retention policy that would not allow them in the archive and delete any in the archive would be great.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow import multi-user PSTs directly to Archive Stores

In the past, we have pulled PSTs from our old Exchange servers, as well as Office365 more recently, and typically like to dump all the email into large PST files. All incoming/outgoing email from all users are in these PSTs. It would be nice for the Import tool to be able to handle PST files like this, and allow you to directly import these PSTs into the archive DB of your choice, or have it automatically spread across the various archives depending on the date of the email.

The currently way the import tool works now is that each PST…

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Select multiple emails to export within MailArchiver

Would like to be able to run a search through the interface and select multiple results to export.

Currently you have to either open each email individually and save or use the bulk export tool.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. fade in fade out on pop up screens in MailArchiver admin screens

It's extremely annoying when working on a server remotely to have to the fade in fade out animations on every single pop up. It's pretty and I'm sure someone spent hours on it. You will need to break their heart. Give us an option to disable it. Using RDP often breaks and disconnects because it is essentially trying to transmit video.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Expose system infomation via API

I would like to be able to monitor the health of my mailarchiver installation using my network monitoring solution. I can check the state of services but would find more information useful.

The mailarchiver dashboard provides useful information such as heartbeat and license count (X out of X users) but none of this information is available outside the dashboard.

Could an API or a simple web service to query be provided to query this information?

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. MailInsight enhancement

Tom Viteritto suggest

When running a report for inappropriate words.

1.We would like to be able to change the words in the search through the browser.

2. Reports that are generated only show user and subject line. We would like another column with the triggered word.

3. The links should go to a page in the report with the email so they all can be printed out at once if need be. It currently opens up internet explorer to access Mailarchiver and there is no way to scroll through the other emails. You have to close the browser and click…

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. GFI Mail Archiver Search Modification

One thing I find most annoying and I am sure others do as well is that when I am performing searching in my GFI Mail Archive (MARC) it takes forever to set the parameters every time I run a search.

For example 99% of my searches are E-Discovery based... so lawyers always give incredibly long list of search terms that would like to see preformed against the data set. My issue is overtime I export the data to .eml what ever i choose I hit finish and then I have to go back and put in all the details regarding…

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. GFI MailArchive License Audit

Have the ability to list the current user accounts that count against the licensing numbers from within the application.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A report that shows a user's total number of emails

There is not currently a report that shows the total number of emails a user has as well as the amount of space they are using up within MailArchiver across all archive stores.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. MOVE Messages Between Archive Databases

There should be a utility to MOVE email from one archive database to another. If I wanted break up some of my archive databases into smaller more manageable databases there is no way to this to occur other than coping the messages to another database which would substantially increase my storage and lead to duplicate email in searches. The utility should also allow for messages to be moved from SQL only archive databases to SQL & Flat File storage so that one could migrate to or from the different archive database types.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Dell AppAssure 5 support

Please consider supporting Dell Appassure 5 VSS backup with your GFI MailArchiver VSS service.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Support fiscal year archives in 2012

In the new 2012 product, the automatic new-archive-store feature is mandatory. This is OK, but it forces the boundary to be on a calendar basis. We have been using this product since inception and we have been able to control archives to match our fiscal year. We need better custom control over the settings for custom start/end.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base