How can we improve?

Email retention - time based

According to the KBHow are Retention Policies applied in GFI MailArchiver?:
Example: If an email received in March 2011 was archived in January 2012 and matches a 30 day retention policy, then GFI MailArchiver would remove the email in 30 days from the date it entered the archive.
I imported all of our user's mailboxes into MailArchiver before I turned the "time based" retention policy on (default is 7 years). (The committee was still trying to decide what retention period was to be used.)
I'm sure a lot of customers have done the same thing.
I would like the developers to change the procedure to where it looks at the date of the emails and not at the date it entered the archive.
Looking at the date it entered the archive could result in 20 or 30 years of emails. We currently have emails dating back to 2003. I imported the emails into MailArchiver in Dec 2012, so that means they would be retained until Dec 2019!

2 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Randy DoverRandy Dover shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2014-03-07]
    I really hope they look into this soon or we will be forced into looking into other products. We have emails dating back to 2000 that will remain in the system until 2023.

Feedback and Knowledge Base