How can we improve?

Compliance Features

Every nth email sent and/or any email that contains certain text is sent to the Compliance Officer's email address for review.

2 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Scott Salaske shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Boris Dreyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Ian,
    The solution how to obtain compliance with GDPR is often different from company to company
    If I were to sell ball bearings then I would probably only need to be aware of how human resources and accounting are handling personal data.

In another company they could have different sales people and order handlers that receive a verity of personal data. Even though you could tell the customers that they should only send e.g. address lists to this specific email address. Then they often just choose to send it to the salesperson or order handler.
    The GDPR clearly states that you should keep record of which people have access to which data and for what purpose and how long it should be stored.

So I think it would be a good solution to be able to setup parameters to catch mails for review. So that you would catch emails with personal information from being archived with the wrong retention policy and you could contact the user and give instructions.

This way I don't need to hunt down the mails afterwards and delete them from GFI Archiver.

• AdminIan Bugeja (Director, Product Management, GFI) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you point out exactly where this interpretation was taken please?

GDPR does not say that it is not possible to store personal data, all emails can be treated personal since they definitely have the name, surname and phone number etc in the signature.

What is important for GDPR is the possibility of easier access, deletion if necessary and export. Together with the appropriate levels of access for email as well as proper retention policies.

• Boris Dreyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very nice and enable the GFI Archiver to be more GDPR compliant.

If someone today i sending us an email with personal data. Then we need to track it down and delete it from Archiver.

This function would prevent such incident if the correct rules could be applied to sort them out for review.

Feedback and Knowledge Base