How can we improve?

FAXmaker - More granular control of DID network share locations

I recently upgraded to FAXmaker 2011 (version 15) to take advantage of the ability to save FAXes to a network share. I was mildly disappointed to learn that all DIDs are bound to the network share set by the first DID (which propegates up to the Routing properties). My goal was to have Group A at Site A get an incoming transmission report with the embedded link to the fax that is stored on their local network share. Likewise, Group B at Site B would get an incoming transmission report with the embedded link to the fax that is stored on their local network share. Right now, everyone is pulling their faxes from the network share that is set in the Routing properties, and I cannot change that. It would be great if I could.

Thank you!
Blaine

3 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Blaine DepueBlaine Depue shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Grant  KinseyGrant Kinsey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sad to see this was brought up 5 years ago and still not incorporated. I operate a small enterprise that has 20+ departments. It would be great if I could drop faxes into individual shares based on DID. This would most emulate the true physical faxing topology and remove unnecessary load from my email system, which is how I will have to configure this now. To route all faxes to a single share is just not good practice given the heightened security concerns for things like HIPAA. Please reconsider adding this functionality!

• Andre  MuscatAndre Muscat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2011-05-17]
    In addition to more granularity, it would be nice to use the inherited right from the share, e.g. if a customer has add a group to access all data, but they are not able to receive or send faxes, they cannot access the share because the permissions for the month/day folders are set completly new without the inherited permissions on the share or filesystem.

• Petr KomendaPetr Komenda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2011-10-26]
    Generally we need the users to move the files out of the receiving folder, best think would be option to deliver faxes to user home directory and as an option to specify directory for group of people sharing the same number.

Feedback and Knowledge Base