GFI FaxMaker Online

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Please provide the service to your customers that would allow a detailed report with monthly overages and charges

Please provide the service to your customers that would allow a detailed report with monthly overages and charges, this would help us in deciding on a plan change to more pages or better cost saving plan.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Outbound Subject Field as a Dashboard and Report Option

Would like to see the Subject line from outbound emails added as an option for the info presented in the dashboard (preferable) or a report (second choice).

The user needs to be able to verify quickly that a fax has been sent based on information other than the recipient fax number. A unique case number is used and that could then be included in the subject line for lookup.

Since a customer may have many cases open at one time, the phone number is not adequate as a lookup field. If subject line was included, any uniquely identifying piece of…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. OCR Scan

Add OCR functionality like it is available in Faxmaker (classic).
    Receiving Faxes in Outlook, it helps a lot to find Faxes when the Text is searchable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Disable Faxmaker Online via Outlook, and ONLY allow Client

Due to HIPAA Requirements and email filters, using outlook for sending the faxes is not going to work, so we must use the CLIENT method via https. I would love for the ability to disable the email method, so someone can't use this, and if they try to they would get an email autoresponder that this method is not allowed and to use the CLIENT.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Faxmaker ONLINE CLIENT confirmation email issue!

When using the faxmaker online desktop client, you have to enter in your username (system generated username) credentials. When you send a fax through the client, you do NOT get any confirmation emails. I looked in the admin portal and the email is showing as the username not the email address, so i am presuming the notification emails are not being sent properly. Also in the portal the activity log shows the username not the email so it would be very difficult to see who is sending based on the system generated username.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Outbound Fax using Ported Number OR atleast Pool from same Area Code

When sending a fax, it seems like GFI just uses 'any random' GFI sending fax number they have that may be available. This means that the outbound fax is sending from GFI fax number and the recipient sees this number in the top header. This can be confusing. If it is 'not' possible to have the outbound system use the number you ported over or the number assigned to your account, then at the least it should be able to pool from a gfi number that is in the same 'area code'. We are in NJ (856 area) and it…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi

Thanks for your request. Can you please confirm if you have run this past support?

if you have not done so , can you please do so and kindly advise the ticket number. If you do have a support ticket, kindly advise the Case number so that we may look into with the datacenter team.

7. Better Reporting Section

In the Reporting Section, i would like to have more robust reports. I think being able to run reports by users would be great. Currently there is a 'search for email', but i would rather have a dropdown list of the current users.

Also Run PDF Reports that can be emailed based on this criteria.
    I.e. Run a report of user Donna, to see how many inbound/outbound, maybe fax number, etc.

Also maybe have a scheduled Report, to send to administrator or manager weekly on how many faxes people are using, etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. More or Better Dashboard info

On the Dashboard, i would like to see quickly more stats. Activity by User (inbound/outbound). This way i can gauge quickly who the top 'users' of the system are, say for the last 30 days.

Top Area Codes should be broken out again for Inbound/Outbound'.

I think a widget for how many PAGES we have used in the account inbound/outbound and how many left to go before reaching our paid amount.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. FMOnlineClient.exe at Startup with Previous Settings

Make changes so that the FMOnlineClient.exe would launch at Windows startup, and then be programmed to launch with the previous settings.
    This is to have auto-download running all the time without user intervention after a reboot.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Through outbound web service, need to be able to define a local fax cover page when sending a fax

by using web service, there is no way to provide our own cover page (local path). we have a complex logic to select cover page depending on the recipient.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you please provide the use case of the coverpages as you require it.

While we have no means to set a CP with recipient logic it would ideal to have more info for consideration.

11. Block spam faxes

Block spam faxes

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Need a report that shows all fax numbers assigned.

Need a report that shows all fax numbers assigned to account. Needs to be exportable and shows whom the number is assigned.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Faxmaker printer form, use autocomplete with last fax numbers and names

The faxmaker form (faxmaker printer) lets you click on 'to:' and you can select the faxnumber from you outlook contacts... but it does not store the last few numbers/names

It would be nice if you can click a an Arrow to display the last few faxnumbers you used or do autocomplete when you start typing a name you used recently

now you can obly type a faxnumber, but who remembers faxnumbers? I can barely remember my own cell number :)

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. use outlook contacts fax number

As in faxmaker on prem with a exchange on prem,we can send an email to a contacts 'business fax' and in the backend the number wil be translated to 999999@gfifax.com in order to be sent.

no we are using exchange online (office 365) we cannot translate these numbers to emailadresses anymore. please check with exchange online to have this feature

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Confirmation email returns attachment of what was sent

When receiving a confirmation email back from GFI it would be great to be able to have attached to that email a copy of the fax items that were sent. This is great for being able to confirm the item was received correctly at the other end and no pages where missed due to human error.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Incoming faxes on mobile

The FaxMaker mobile app should allow me to view the incoming faxes in my inbox so I can view them on my mobile device when I am not close to my computer. This would allow for the fax to stay encrypted and not have me set the system to just email me the fax, we need the faxes to be secure and HIPAA compliant setting them to email makes them non HIPAA compliant.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Name of Fax sender displayed in the Email Subject line

The subject line of the email you get when a new fax is received takes the format "New 2 pages fax message from #faxnumber#, #faxnumber#". This means that without memorising hundreds of fax numbers, you can't tell who the fax is from without opening the attachment. It would be really useful if the sender's name could be displayed in preferably the subject line, or alternately in the message body. There are screenshots in the online help that have subject lines with the senders name included, so I'd love to know where those screenshots came from!

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

GFI FaxMaker Online

Feedback and Knowledge Base