GFI EventsManager

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Enable Multiple User Access Login

Under GFI EM you can't login with Admin privilege and view-only and at a the same time, infact you have to close the console before logging in with another account with lower privileges. I'd like to have this feature inorder to enable more people to view the product at same time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

started  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. GFI EventsManager - Would like to have Client Agent

I am using the new EventsManager 2012 and find that I really like it, however we are a PCI compliant company and have several DMZ zones. The auditors do not like having to have NETBIOS /filesharing from the GFI Events manager in order to collect Windows Events and Weblogs. Would be great if we could actually install an Agent on each of the DMZ servers which only used 1 or 2 ports for communication so that we would not have to open the NETBIOS ports. In my opinion, this would greatly enhance the security of the product. It could be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Default Event Source Group for SBS

We run SBS 2008 (and previously 2003). It'd be really nice if there was a default Event Source group with pre-defined filtering rules for SBS servers. Trying to decide if SBS is an infrastructure server, database server, print server, wweb server, or file server is always a tough call, since it's really all of the above, and trying to copy the default settings from each of these groups to make one for SBS is a pain. I left a bit too much enabled the last time I reinstalled and crippled our network because EM was collecting so much data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. GFI EventsManager J-SOX report

Pls. add J-SOX report templates in GFI EventsManager as requested by many customers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow imports into user defined database

Provide a dialog box to allow the user to specify which database to import events into. This would allow a user to import and review old data in a way that ensures the data set does not get mixed with live data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sort Time Field when sort Date field in Events Browser

When in Events Browser and you click the Date field to sort, add an implied sort to the Time field. Currently, if you click Date to show newest date at the top, the Time field continues to sort ascending, with events at 1am at the top of the list ahead of events at 4pm. But the intent of the user clicking the Date field is to see the newest events at the top (or the oldest events at the top). So please add a connection that when you click the Date field to sort, the Time field is sorted to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bring back silent installation

II would like the ability to perform a silent installation to be re-instated in EventsManager 2012, ideally just like it used to be with previous versions, i.e.:
    EventsManagern /s /f1C:path.iss

As servers move towards being headless - having a GUI will merely be an option in Windows Server 8 - it seems a backwards step to disallow silent installation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Product Upgrade Instructions

I suggest you...provide a detailed upgrade installation document which includes screen shots of the installation wizard so we know what to expect and can gather the necessary information to answer the prompts.

Will we lose our existing db? Do we need to create a new db?
    will our config settings be retained, or if not can we import a backup copy from the previous version?
    Will all our custom rules be retained?

Those of us who have gone through past upgrades and lost data bases, and config settings now need reassurance each time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

GFI EventsManager

Feedback and Knowledge Base